[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

Hey! Great Build, having lots of fun with it so far.

Just starting to get some better gear while I'm entering yellow and red maps, but I'm having a hard time getting good cheap wands.

Any advice on crafting a good set of wands without spending lots of exalted orbs?

Wand setup right now:

Crystal Wand
--------
31% increased Spell Damage
--------
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Adds 4 to 107 Lightning Damage to Spells
+30% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
23% increased Projectile Speed
44% increased Lightning Damage (crafted)

and

Crystal Wand
--------
31% increased Spell Damage
--------
48% increased Spell Damage
+32 to Intelligence
Adds 4 to 61 Lightning Damage to Spells
+16 to maximum Mana
+25 to Accuracy Rating
11% increased Cast Speed (crafted)

(Sorry, not sure how to format items here)

Thanks in advance!
For some reason I'm not able to have PoB work for me.
Could anyone please post a skill tree for this build made with the site's 'Passive Tree'?

Would be much appreciated!
"
Thorfax wrote:
For some reason I'm not able to have PoB work for me.
Could anyone please post a skill tree for this build made with the site's 'Passive Tree'?

Would be much appreciated!

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.1/AAAABAMCAQLjBAcEswW1Bx4HpQj0DkgQUREtEZYWbxa_GjgbyBzcIvQkqiaVJy8snDBxMPgy0TY9Nuk6QjpYOtg9Xz5lRUdFnUlPSVFJskqfS3hMs1JTU1JTjVRHVUtVxlZIWOVZ81orXfJfKmHiYqxmVGaeZ3FqQ2wLbIxtGXFpcg90pXyDf8aCEIKbg9uFMom8jDaNv48akFWTJ5RvlS6XLZeVl_Sa4J2qnsSfSJ_foOahL6IApWemvqcIrv-0xbyqvOq-isBmwuzDE8ryzxrP3dAf1CPVptgk3ajfsONq44Tr5Ovu73zv6_Af8NXxivrS

I'll update the one in the OP as well, apparently PoB doesn't export in the newest 3.5.1 tree.
"
Felix11081995 wrote:
Hey! Great Build, having lots of fun with it so far.

Just starting to get some better gear while I'm entering yellow and red maps, but I'm having a hard time getting good cheap wands.

Any advice on crafting a good set of wands without spending lots of exalted orbs?

Back on page 3 I went over how to find a decent wand to buy.

There's a search link near the bottom of that post for wands that haven't yet been crafted. You can often get a pretty nice wand for ~5 chaos that has good added lightning to spells and good cast speed, then craft the spell/chaos hybrid mod on it. (Or has topatante's and cast speed, and craft added lightning to spells).
"

As for whether brands are broken, I assume they consider them balanced due to not having top tier boss damage output. The thing is, they don't really need top tier boss damage output, because you don't have to stop doing mechanics in order to DPS the boss. Even if you're only doing 500-600k boss DPS, if you're doing it continuously while avoiding mechanics, that's actually quite good.

And then of course there's lightning spire trap if the boss is willing to stand still for a bit. :D

Yeah that's mostly what I was trying to say. They consider them balanced probably for those reasons but are they really balanced =)

Didn't have much chance on crafting the second wand but I just got this cute frostferno so after selling it I can just go ham and directly buy a stupidly good one.
thought i try shaper to see how the build was going at 78 i totally wooped him had one silly death but i am really enjoying the build i not even used my crafted wands yet :) just wanna say thanks to magicrectangle for the great guide and time and effort he takes to reply to everyone questions :)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DtYZKxE.jpg[/img]

I think i'm going to try lv 100 with this build, actually lv 97 55%.
I just have a question, why do you prefer Celestial Punishment over Celestial Judgement ?
On PoB it shows than Punishment gives you 11k dps, and Judgement 20k dps, that's why i'm asking.
Thanks !
"
Brookizlol wrote:
I think i'm going to try lv 100 with this build, actually lv 97 55%.
I just have a question, why do you prefer Celestial Punishment over Celestial Judgement ?
On PoB it shows than Punishment gives you 11k dps, and Judgement 20k dps, that's why i'm asking.
Thanks !

They're actually extremely close to each other in damage once you count the 15% effect of non-damaging ailments (increase your shock calculation flask by 3%). With my gear:

Celestial Punishment: 22219.2 DPS
Celestial Judgement: 21309.94 DPS

As for why I prefer it, because of inpulsa. Since they do nearly identical DPS, might as well shock more often.
Why use Hypothermia and not other skill? Maybe Ice Bite?
I imported the PoB and the fire resistance is only 9% (due to Malachai's Artifice). Is there something that's not in the PoB or are you actually mapping at 9% fire res??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info