[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

hello, i really liked this guide, was wondering if there was going to be a 3.7 update for it, or if there was a need for one?
Can you tell me why using "mind drinker" and "blood drinker" passive?
My storm brand doesn't seem to leech mana from enemy
"
YK_LaIS wrote:
Can you tell me why using "mind drinker" and "blood drinker" passive?
My storm brand doesn't seem to leech mana from enemy

Mind drinker gives 15% increased mana. Blood drinker gives 8% increased life. The attack leech is irrelevant, since storm brand is a spell.
So, I am still using this build, and leveling and so far so good.
The wand weight factors in searching reaaaaaly helped! I found 2 good wands using that.

I think I kinda screwed up CWDT a bit. I've seen people saying 'level up your CWDT gem to level 10 and use the new 'SteelSkin' at 16. I had already leveled SteelSkin to level 15, so I kinda dd the same but I am not sure if it was a good idea.

Take your gear as an aim, Impulsa is still out of my reach NecroMancer circlet is pretty expensive too but keeping an eye on both.

I think you said you won't be playing this spec, but you are still the master of it and I would really appreciate if you have any pointers, thoughts on next steps or point out if you see something terribly wrong.
"
tunucu wrote:
I think I kinda screwed up CWDT a bit. I've seen people saying 'level up your CWDT gem to level 10 and use the new 'SteelSkin' at 16. I had already leveled SteelSkin to level 15, so I kinda dd the same but I am not sure if it was a good idea.

Unless there's some strange breakpoint to hit, the only trick to CWDT is to make sure that the skills linked to it meet the maximum level of the CWDT. Maybe someone on reddit did an analysis of the optimum level, I don't really know. As long as steelskin is low enough leveled to be triggered by your CWDT, you're getting value out of it.

"
I think you said you won't be playing this spec, but you are still the master of it and I would really appreciate if you have any pointers, thoughts on next steps or point out if you see something terribly wrong.

There are a number of reasons that this build is taking a dive in popularity; it was nerfed pretty hard. Storm brand, elementalist prolif, and the mana nodes behind MoM were all significant, if not key parts of this build. That's not to say that you can't make it work, and it's great that it sounds like you're enjoying it (and a little bit of a shame if it's the first time that you're playing it - this build was incredible to play at its peak).

I don't know exactly where you're at, but Inpulsa's is a pretty big upgrade. And the economy is in a place where they're significantly cheaper than they usually are. As long as the rest of your gear gets you life/mana and caps your resistances, you should farm hard until you can get a jeweller's touch and an uncorrupted Inpulsa's. Six link is likely the goal from there, upgrading the rest of your gear when you see fit.

Once you get an Inpulsa's, you may want to experiment with the elemental proliferation support gem if you're looking to create something similar to the original version of this build. If you're willing to do gem swaps for single target, you might be able to create something that plays very similar to the orginal version of this build.

~Best of luck!
A question on "Malachai's Awakening Iron Mask" PoB shows that as a huge dps gain for me (50K and I am at 100K atm)... Will that work with us using MoM?
"
tunucu wrote:
A question on "Malachai's Awakening Iron Mask" PoB shows that as a huge dps gain for me (50K and I am at 100K atm)... Will that work with us using MoM?

Malachai's Awakening gives blood magic, and blood magic takes all of your mana, so you'd have none left for MoM.
Here is my current build / gear: https://pastebin.com/DHBkawDS

Any advice for me in terms of gear?
Any glaring errors in skill tree etc.?
As I mentioned I started the league with cyclone slayer (and apparently half the player base had the same idea). It was strong, but I wanted to try to make storm brand good post nerf, so I started a storm brand assassin.

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/i63GuE42

Gear:
Spoiler

I chose assassin in large part because I wanted to use the militant faith jewel for a nice 21% more damage modifier. It has to have dominus as the general to give the right keystone, which I put on pain attunement:

A +1 chain quiver and carcass jack help make up for the clear speed we once got from the proliferate + inpulsa combo. They don't really compare, but it does make the clear speed good enough.

I made some videos if anybody is interested:

3.7 Storm Brand Assassin 8 Property Lair of the Hydra

3.7 Storm Brand Assassin Deathless Uber Elder

The defenses are identical to the elementalist version, MoM and phase acrobatics. My gear is kind of terrible, but that will get better if I stick with it. The single-target damage can pretty easily outpace elementalist even pre-nerf, though with my gear right now it is only fair.

It is pretty cheap overall, since casters are not meta, and we don't need a 6-link unique chest. I played it with an essence crafted bow for a while before I multimodded, and it was fine. The militant faith was 10c (heh), the watcher's eye was 30c.

Getting a good +1 chain quiver is expensive, which is why you see me using a garbage one.

The bow comes from porcupine cards (40c for a set). Slap a spell damage essence on it and you're rocking a 6-link on the cheap. Coloring it is a bit annoying, but not as much as you'd think, since the dex requirement is so low on a short bow. It only took me about 10 tries on the bench (1b) to hit 4 blues. I'm trying to get vorici into research to try to turn the final green socket white so I can swap added cold for a more damage focused gem on big bosses. Added cold is kind of nice while mapping though anyway.

Not fully reflect immune, but if you swap controlled destruction for increased crits, and put on the reflect pantheon, you can do reflect maps. Mostly I just roll past them though.

No full guide yet, but if there's a lot of interest I may write up a proper guide.
ur Assassin Storm Brand seems nice, but a bit low on hp
might try it soon
Last edited by duabijitelur on Jul 30, 2019, 2:24:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info