[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

So i got two questions, but since im a noob i dont know if they make sense xD

1. Dont you need any source of Cold damage for Hyperthermia? i dont see any on your gear :o

2. One of your Jewels got flat fire dmg to spells, isnt that bad for EE? Or does that now matter?

Oh one more would be, why the minion notes? I guess they give more dmg overall than flat light dmg notes right? :o

Thanks for the guide :3
"
tokalafuchs wrote:
So i got two questions, but since im a noob i dont know if they make sense xD

1. Dont you need any source of Cold damage for Hyperthermia? i dont see any on your gear :o

There's cold damage to spells while dual wielding on my abyss jewel.

"
2. One of your Jewels got flat fire dmg to spells, isnt that bad for EE? Or does that now matter?

Flame golem is the only skill with EE, but yes, fire damage isn't very good due to being at +25 rather than -50. The reason I have it on that jewel is because I wanted to ignite stuff to activate the mod on my gloves:

I didn't go looking for that mod on gloves, but as long as it was there I figured I'd activate it.

"
Oh one more would be, why the minion notes? I guess they give more dmg overall than flat light dmg notes right? :o

They're actually not the most damage efficient nodes I could get, but I wanted the 1% life regen for minions, so that my golems would take care of themselves and not need to be recast.
Did you consider going crit?
"
Ren wrote:
Did you consider going crit?

I tried a few times to spec it out as crit but I couldn't see a really good way to do it while maintaining the amount of defenses I wanted. If you wanted to do a version that doesn't go down to acrobatics / phase acrobatics you could go crit and probably get more damage.

This non-crit version has enough damage to transition shaper in one beam phase, so I'm not really looking to up damage so much as survivability past that point.
I'm sorry im a bit stupid but can you explain in other terms how EE will be activated through your flame golem and not proc lightning resist?
"
I'm sorry im a bit stupid but can you explain in other terms how EE will be activated through your flame golem and not proc lightning resist?

Flame golem is socketed in:

We aren't getting EE for all our skills, just from the skill socketed in the ring (flame golem).

+lightning damage to spells on our gear doesn't effect minions, so it isn't going to make the flame golem do any lightning damage. Our wrath aura does give added lightning damage to attacks but since flame golem only uses spells, it is no problem.
I did this to my 6L inpulsa, because reasons:

I didn't feel like spending 11 ex on a new one, so I picked this up cheap (4 ex):

I leveled from 95 to 96 with the carcass jack. For bosses it doesn't really matter, but inpulsa is noticeably safer and faster for mapping and delving.

I imagine the offensive benefits of inpulsa are obvious, but there's really three nice defensive things going for it:

1) Shock immunity just all the time. Sure you can run a shock flask, but shock is the least obvious ailment, and unless you're perming the flask (which can be done while mapping of course, but sometimes might fall on a syndicate or boss fight), you might get a one-two shock then kill hit sequence.

2) Corpse destruction. This is particularly nice in delves, as it seems to handle the unstable wetas. But also very nice if you happen to get a "inhabited by abominations" map, with those guys that turn corpses into almost impossible to see bombs.

3) Instant popping packs. The cascading kills of brands without inpulsa are quite fast, and quite cool to look at, but not truly instant. Monsters in range of the initial brand recall die immediately, but those the brands need to jump to can have just long enough to do something that might be dangerous. With inpulsa, that's not a problem.

If I decide to take this character any higher than 96 I'll probably switch to inpulsa. Of course the build is fine with carcass jack, loreweave, a rare, or even a tabula, but I think inpulsa is the all around best choice.
Actually 94 with this build. Started as Armageddon Brand until level 90, then switched to your build. I have to say this is an amazing build tbh. I enjoy it so much.
I bought an Inpulsa but still not able to 6L it so I play with a Carcass Jack.
I think this might become popular soon because this is way so strong and so enjoyable to play !!
Thanks for this amazing build :)
Heya! Is watcher's eye with wrath mod(+lightning damage%) worth it?
"
mrkhunpowa wrote:
Heya! Is watcher's eye with wrath mod(+lightning damage%) worth it?

Increased lightning damage while affected by wrath is pretty decent. Since we have so much lightning pen already from gem + malachai's artifice, it is actually almost as good as a wrath lightning pen watcher's eye.

I'd still favor the lightning pen watcher's eye, because sometimes you do resist maps, or EE maps, which allow the pen watcher's eye to shine. But it is more expensive, so I wouldn't say it is wrong to get an increased lightning damage one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info