Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

after reading your crafting guide i managed to get this so far i would love to find a +1 socket wand gonna try crafting that next :)

question should i get another profane and try get +1 sockets/ele pen?
Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Dec 29, 2018, 9:04:26 PM
"
after reading your crafting guide i managed to get this so far i would love to find a +1 socket wand gonna try crafting that next :)

question should i get another profane and try get +1 sockets/ele pen?

That's a nice looking wand, congrats.

If you don't mind swapping gear around, the optimal setup is probably +2 shield for mapping, and then pure damage wands for bossing. If swapping gear around annoys you, then I'd go with the +1 wand. A +1 wand isn't really going to have a lot of resale value, but if you don't intend to sell it I guess that doesn't matter.

You could push for +1 and pen, but +1 and ele as chaos is also good (and means you don't need to gamble the annul, since you can lock prefixes and scour). It can take a LOT of alts to hit exactly that so depending on your patience and budget you might consider being happy with +1 and any other T1 damage mod. Good chance you'll make several sellable bases in the process though.
for the +1 socket/chaos roll what wand would you recommend another profane? i will try crafting for a bit if i fail i will just make a dps one and use a shield :)
Yeah profane is the best wand, cast speed is tasty.
no joke my 1st transmutation i get this roll i regal accuracy then annul it off i guess it worth keeping and going for the shield :)

Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Dec 29, 2018, 9:43:21 PM
Yeah if you want to go for a 4-link flame dash and can't spare the 4-link on gloves/boots that's a great option. I'm doing something like that with mine (4th link is enhance for cooldown reduction on flame dash).

Theoretically I really could spare the 4-link in my boots, but I want to be able to swap my boots for kaom's roots on uber elder without having to change anything else (and obviously need flame dash for that fight).

Those are both tier 2 rolls so that's unfortunate, but probably still worth the multimod if you will take advantage of the 4-link.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Dec 29, 2018, 9:53:41 PM
im really enjoying this build! one thing i just got a inpulsa droped, should i stay with carcass or change to inpulsa? i tried on path of building and seems i loose damage with inpulsa but dont know if it calculate the shock effect and the bonus
"
gusanodetrapo wrote:
im really enjoying this build! one thing i just got a inpulsa droped, should i stay with carcass or change to inpulsa? i tried on path of building and seems i loose damage with inpulsa but dont know if it calculate the shock effect and the bonus

PoB will calculate the "have you shocked an enemy recently" damage if you check the box by that name in the config screen.

PoB does NOT calculate shock effect correctly, which is why you see in my PoB a custom flask that I'm using to calculate damage from shock.

Inpulsa should pretty easily be more damage than carcass jack. The damage if you've shocked recently is roughly equal to the area damage on carcass jack, and then the shock effect takes it a notch above that.

If you look at the shock calculation flask in my PoB, that's with inpulsa. You've got a base 20% shock, then you add 1% to that for each 5% of shock effectiveness (or effectiveness of non-damaging ailments) that you have. So if your only source of shock effectiveness is the "elemental focus" node in shadow (10% effect of non-damaging ailments), it would be 22%. If you also have a 40% inpulsa, it would be 30%. If you also have celestial punishment (15% effect of non-damaging ailments) it would be 33%.

That said, raw damage isn't why inpulsa is so desirable. Exploding packs is why it is so desirable. Shock immunity is a nice bonus as well.

edit: With my gear, inpulsa is ~11.5% more damage than tabula. Carcass Jack is ~5.3% more damage than tabula.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Dec 30, 2018, 4:45:55 AM
are these worth multi modding its not far off the other one i crafted :)

Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Dec 31, 2018, 3:30:25 AM
They both have T1 ele as chaos, and a cast speed roll that's in the same range you could craft in a multimod anyway. For the 2 mod one that's the end of the story, and yeah, it is probably good enough to multi (on the low end of good enough, but T1 ele as chaos is pretty nice).

For the 3-mod one, I'm not sure I'd multi it as is. I'd be seriously considering annulling that 5% ele pen roll.

What would be replacing it in a multimod is 6-7% chance to deal double damage. For the sake of argument lets say you were willing to divine this item, so we'll compare top to top. The range on that ele pen roll is 5-6%.

Just going off my PoB, the 6% ele pen represents 15.2k damage, while 7% double damage would represent 29.1k damage.

That's a pretty big potential gain if you hit your annul (of course you'll also be spending an extra exalt, since the top tier double damage craft is 1 ex).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info