[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

What do you guys think about that amulet?

Deathless uber elder with this gear:

Last edited by Infinitud3 on Apr 8, 2019, 2:49:10 PM
"
3.6.3c Patch Notes

Improved the performance of Storm Brand.

What does that mean to us?
"
Geliras wrote:
"
3.6.3c Patch Notes

Improved the performance of Storm Brand.

What does that mean to us?

I don't think "performance" got anything to do with dps or such, just fps.
Noticed no difference, maybe older hardware profits from this.
Hello , im new to PoE, just started a char in HC with ur build. Im in act 9 now with lvl 60. Thx for ur work, it helped me a lot.

But one thing I dont understand is, why we are inmune to reflect damage? What makes us like this? And how can I turn even more defensive this, i dont wanna die :S

"
LuqhEltod wrote:
Hello , im new to PoE, just started a char in HC with ur build. Im in act 9 now with lvl 60. Thx for ur work, it helped me a lot.

But one thing I dont understand is, why we are inmune to reflect damage? What makes us like this? And how can I turn even more defensive this, i dont wanna die :S

Elementalist adcendency node Paragon of Calamity gives ele reflect immunity.

Learn to dodge ;)
So it turns out Uber Elder was easier than I expected. deathless on first try. pretty happy with my equipment:

No great deviation from the plan - aspect of the spider, yes, simply love it too much. So far, i have 4 failed tries at a +1 socketed gems, +1 socketed support gems implicit wand. I will not stop before i got that ^^.

apart from that, next step is getting to depth 600. i fear that might pose a problem. we will see. any sggestions?
Last edited by Donnerdrummel on Apr 16, 2019, 8:19:03 PM
"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
So it turns out Uber Elder was easier than I expected. deathless on first try. pretty happy with my equipment:

No great deviation from the plan - aspect of the spider, yes, simply love it too much. So far, i have 4 failed tries at a +1 socketed gems, +1 socketed support gems implicit wand. I will not stop before i got that ^^.

apart from that, next step is getting to depth 600. i fear that might pose a problem. we will see. any sggestions?

id look into synth gear.. i myself got a conductivty on hit in gloves,and 2 wands with double chance to do dmg.. increased dps alot.. and with neck i went for a +1 max rest with +8 max hp got myself around 6k hp + 3k mana survival improved quite a bit
Hi guys. I'm a new player (PS4), and I looked up this build as a way to learn system mechanics... Plus it looked cool. I've followed it to the letter as far as the skill tree goes and so far it's been a blast, but I'm having one major issue now that I am in the Mapping phase of the game: Survivability.

I hit like a truck but have the fortitude of toilet paper. I often get one-shot by Map bosses (especially that one that throws fireballs), and spend most of my time in those fights just applying Brands and then running around doing my best to avoid getting hit. Unless the boss is one of the immobile ones, stopping to drop Lightning Spire is pretty much suicide. Is this the way the build is meant to be? I see posts in this thread and on YouTube praising this build's survivability, but so far that's my biggest issue.

I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, if it's not too much trouble. Here's my build so far:

I'm fully aware my gear must be trash, but I have no currency and I'm trying to farm T1-5's so I can make some progress. My resists are as follows: 75% (94) Fire, 63% Cold, 75% (91) Lightning.

Also, I have no idea how you lot are getting most of your gear lol. I'm an old school Diablo player and have played pretty much every aRPG/looter under the sun but the loot loop of PoE is very alien to me. I have gone two days without anything even remotely resembling an upgrade (outside of the Tabula Rasa I traded for). I'm not complaining... I like the game but the way it doles out rewards is something I'm going to have to adjust to.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well, your level is pretty low and your equipment lacks life. I can't look at your character's passive tree, so I can't comment on that.

By leveling up, you will get more life. By buying or finding equipment with life you will get... well, more life.

It is that simple. Although this character will not be able to facetank everythink, an aggregated hit point pool (via life + energy shield + mana) of 6k to 7k is possible. You won't drop like a fly to everything then. You will always need to watch out for possible dangers, though.

As for now, don't attempt too hard content, as dying prevents you from leveling. This might frustrate you. Being frustrated, you might decide this build sucks, is weak, not endgame viable or whatever else comes to mind in that situation.

That would be wrong, though. This build, although killable, can do every map very quick. It can kill bosses very well. The "watching out for dangers"-part is not actually a weakness. consider it a strength - because this is one of the builds that can actually deal very good damage while watching out for it's shiny metal ass.

however, you will at some point need to decide if this playing style suits you. With all the above I simply want to express that the state your character is currently in is not the basis on which you should make this decision. It will get better, and it will get better quickly. Just get more life and level.

Tip: Make use of the crafting bench to get more life and resists quickly. Watch out for the prices of crafting: At your level it might be better to simply buy stuff.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.
Last edited by Ersatzdrummel on Apr 18, 2019, 7:02:57 AM
"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
snip

Thanks for your feedback pal. I didn't realise 75 was still low level, but what you say does make sense. As far as quitting and deeming the build to not be endgame viable, that's not me. I see the potential. Like I said, my clear speed in content I can do is great, just weary of getting hit. As far as my tree goes I've followed the guide down to the letter, and just made my way down the right of the tree to get Phase Acrobatics. Sorry, I don't know how to link my passive tree.

So you recommend buying stuff with life/energy shield? Any idea how much all that would cost?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info