[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
"
hakintosh wrote:
Are enemies supposed to shatter only with impulsa? I have hypothermia and cold dmg to spells on a jewel but mobs are not shattering.

They don't so much shatter as pop, but yes, inpulsa gives us corpse destruction (and greatly improved clearspeed).

You could put ice bite in your link if you want to shatter a bit. Ideally if you have a white socket you could put it in place of lightning penetration. You don't want to swap out hypothermia as it is one of the best damage gems.

Hypothermia itself doesn't cause shatters much, but the combination of the two should be pretty good on that front if you so desire. For my part I don't really see a lot of point unless you're also running herald of ice to make the shatters useful in some way, but herald of ice eats into our effective hitpoints, since we're mind over matter. Still you could do it on easier tiers of maps where you don't really need all of your tankiness.

Alright, tyvm! :)
First roll, wore this until I finally opened an abyss:

Second roll, scored this after opening that abyss xD

edit: A great thing about this build is buying corrupted red maps with ele reflect, lol. They are cheap and easy to buy and you don't need to vaal them. They tend to be other folks garbage more than map vendoring
Last edited by teknik1200 on Mar 18, 2019, 10:52:54 PM
What do you think about using Eternity Shroud over Inpulsa?
"
Himppu94 wrote:
What do you think about using Eternity Shroud over Inpulsa?

Better damage, worse clearspeed. It has potential if you're focused on bossing with the character.
The build is great (even with my shit gear), but the guide is outstanding. Posting links to searches is just superb! 12/10
Last edited by xpldngmn on Mar 19, 2019, 3:18:52 PM
You often write about the topotante mod for weapons. Which one is exactly meant and how do I get/craft it?
Bought a weapon from your search link with open craft mod.
"
Geliras wrote:
You often write about the topotante mod for weapons. Which one is exactly meant and how do I get/craft it?
Bought a weapon from your search link with open craft mod.

Topotante is a mod from the temple. It comes on rares dropped by the vaal omnitect, or on blues dropped from the special chest in T3 tempest room.

There's several mods named Topotante, but the one we're interested in is:
(75–79)% increased Lightning Damage
Adds (1–4) to (53–56) Lightning Damage to Spells

It is a hybrid mod, but it "counts" as an increased damage mod for the purposes of blocking other prefixes. That means if your Topotante item has an open prefix, you're unable to craft increased spell damage, but you CAN craft added lightning damage to spells. This means you can get more added lightning damage to spells than you would be able to on a normal item.

If you already have an item, there's no way to put Topotante on it. Just craft added lightning damage to spells, or spell damage, whichever isn't blocked.
Just killed Uber Elder on a 5-Link Inpulsa. The fight was rather easy, tbh I didn't expect to succeed. I can totally recommend the build even after the nerf.

Gear

nowadays would u say 2 wands with ele as extra chaos or one with +1/+2 to brand recall is optimal?
"
adriano447 wrote:
nowadays would u say 2 wands with ele as extra chaos or one with +1/+2 to brand recall is optimal?

For bossing obviously 2x damage wands is best. Brand recall isn't all that effective of a boss nuke, compared to how it is for armageddon brand.

For mapping, the question basically boils down to: do you have enough DPS to one-shot packs with the lower damage +1/+2 second wand? If so then clearly you're going to map faster with a faster brand recall cooldown, so the +1/+2 will be better.

If you want to get a feel for it before you craft the +1/+2 you could put a shit wand in your offhand and go see if packs are popping instantly for you. If they are, then you can safely do the +1/+2 wand.

Depending on whether you've leaned into dual wielding bonuses much (jewels with "while dual wielding" and/or dark arts cluster), you could also try a vix lunaris or other +2 shield, which is much more budget (or a +1 corrupted +2 shield, which isn't so budget but gives the highest possible brand recall level).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info