[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
Aqualung wrote:

What's the point of using a profane wand? Is there anything the implicit gives that's better than the suffix cast speed?

Profane is cheaper, and cast spd also help flame dash quicker in bossfight. But again, it's a personal choice. Use can use two dagger or even a shield for using shieldcharge
"
Rigard wrote:
Why not use ice bite instead of hypothermia? At least for mapping? This gives us free frenzy charges.
Meanwhile, thank you very much for the thoughtful skill tree.

I don't think there's any problem with ice bite on trash if you don't mind gem swapping (I find it kind of annoying personally). I wouldn't swap hypothermia for it though, hypo is one of our strongest supports. Lightning pen is the least useful support, especially on trash. If you can get a white socket (vorici in research safehouse) then that's the way I'd go to map with ice bite.

"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
Profane is cheaper, and cast spd also help flame dash quicker in bossfight. But again, it's a personal choice. Use can use two dagger or even a shield for using shieldcharge

Indeed the build works with any weapons, profane wand simply is the best base type for pure DPS. Others work fine if you can get a good deal. The best thing is just to find weapons that give good total DPS, whether that's weighted towards the implicit or not doesn't really matter unless you're trying to craft your own.

I definitely agree that erring on the side of cast speed is good because of flame dash. A super responsive flame dash feels amazing. 3.6 only makes this better with the addition of the dark arts cluster.

Shield charge is a bit iffy in synthesis league. Flame dash lets you pop over the blue crap in decaying memories, which is highly useful. You can't shield charge or whirling blades through it. You could leap slam over it though. Gonna be pretty slow without any attack speed, but you could do it.

The search I linked a couple pages back can help you find some good weapons:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/n0Y24VS0

It explicitly has room to craft a prefix, because often uncrafted items can be had at a much better deal. You're looking for one with room to craft a powerful prefix like added lightning damage to spells, spell damage, or gain lightning as extra chaos.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 16, 2019, 3:32:11 AM
"
nomnaut wrote:
"
freakydouche wrote:
"
Looks like PoB has the new skill gem information now, so here's an updated PoB:
https://pastebin.com/uADbg3Mv

Boss DPS only drops ~5% if we add in the wave of conviction curse on hit ele weakness setup. Of course that's more stuff to do during the boss fight, so in a busy boss fight you might not keep it up. If you don't run the wave of conviction setup, the boss DPS dropped 21% compared to betrayal league.

Stings a little, but still fine.

hello mate, thank you for this build. i started with this build but based on 3.5 tree. now you shared 3.6 tree but it seems like its for lv100. could you please share a 90lvl tree to not confuse everyone at once?

Remove the nodes leading to purity of flesh and a couple of jewel branches and you're at 90.

i forgot to say it; thank you mate
How u made prof wands with 20% of ele dmg as extra dmg for crafting? Did u use alts or ..?

I just spawned uber elder and I'm wondering if I'll be able to kill him with my current gear. (got about 6ex to spare on upgrades if necessary). I feel like my singletarget dps isnt very good even with 3ex 7link trap helm

Also do i need immortal call for uber elder? ( got my CWDT setup in boots and i cant use those since i have to wear kaoms roots) 🤔.
Last edited by Ovdovovac on Mar 16, 2019, 2:33:48 PM
"
LoStGr00ver wrote:
How u made prof wands with 20% of ele dmg as extra dmg for crafting? Did u use alts or ..?

Yes, ilvl 85 shaper wands can get up to 20% ele as extra chaos. Alt regal annul, or potentially use beastcrafting if you want to try for 2 good natural mods. Unless you're rich and looking to burn currency I wouldn't go the beastcrafting route, it is easier to just hit T1 ele as chaos, regal, annul to 1 mod, and multi.

"
Ovdovovac wrote:
I just spawned uber elder and I'm wondering if I'll be able to kill him with my current gear. (got about 6ex to spare on upgrades if necessary). I feel like my singletarget dps isnt very good even with 3ex 7link trap helm

Uber elder is mostly just about putting brands on him and running around. More damage helps of course, but my first time I was in pretty bad gear and on a 5-link.

That said, with 6 ex to spend, you could of course improve a lot.

Here's a search for weapons with an open prefix:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/kBbMZQi5

Here's a result:

It is a wand, so it wouldn't work with your scepters (would need a second wand) but it gives you an idea. That's your PoB on the right, a wand like that is ~10% more damage for you once the craft is on it. You save a lot of money usually buying with an open prefix and crafting yourself, rather than just searching for the highest damage item. You're mostly looking for crafting room to put either increased spell damage, or added lightning damage to spells. Lightning as extra chaos is okay, but not as good.

That wand has room for added lightning to spells even though there's already some, because what's already there is part of the hybrid "topotante" mod from the incursion temple, and not a pure mod.

You can tweak the sum in the search to get results that match your price range / get scepters if you want. I wouldn't spend too much more on an item like that though, the next big gain past this tier of weapon is a multimodded weapon.

Adding essence worm so you could get wrath aura would of course also be a big damage gain for you, assuming you can make your resists work without that rare ring. Resists can be a little bit of a struggle.

I understand why you have atziri's instead of cinderswallow (mastermind is super difficult to spawn this league, resulting in high cinderswallow prices). However it turns out that even just a blue silver flask offers as much damage as a perfect atziri's, and it has a longer duration, makes you run / flame dash faster, and can have a status removal. That won't really effect the uber elder fight much but just more of a general comment.

"
Also do i need immortal call for uber elder? ( got my CWDT setup in boots and i cant use those since i have to wear kaoms roots) 🤔.

The only thing it might help with is the tentacle slaps. I've done it without cwdt ic and not really noticed much difference though, so you'd be fine. The kaom's is definitely much more important. Without kaoms you can get snared by elder and then beammed down hard by shaper.

Do you have a mana recovery solution for uber elder? Leech if you killed recently boot enchant is fine for mapping but doesn't really cut it there. On a low budget, IMHO atziri's foible + the 2% life/mana recovery if you've been hit recently boot enchant is pretty good. I think that's the ideal enchant for your kaom's roots for the fight. Atziri's foible alone is probably enough, but the boot enchant does make it feel more comfortable.

I did it! My first uber elder solo kill. Managed to kill him on second try with 3 portals left.

love this build mate. Ty for this guide and ur fast response

Last edited by Ovdovovac on Mar 16, 2019, 8:16:31 PM
How do you come up with the weightings for your wand trade searches?
"
0sync0 wrote:
How do you come up with the weightings for your wand trade searches?

I generated them in path of building. I made a video about how to do that a bit ago. It is linked in "how to get good weapons" under "answered questions" in the OP. So you don't have to go digging, it is also linked below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCpR8rd22Lk
"

I generated them in path of building. I made a video about how to do that a bit ago. It is linked in "how to get good weapons" under "answered questions" in the OP. So you don't have to go digging, it is also linked below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCpR8rd22Lk

That is sweet. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info