[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
bl0b wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
bl0b wrote:
Hideout dot DPS is 127k. I think my problem is applying the dot. My mana regen is soooo slow. How much mana do you regen?

This would be a lot easier if you either make your charcter public or give me the PoB for your character. :)

That's true. Here you go!
https://pastebin.com/F9KdA8ah

huh. I am a bit stumped as to why you could have problems. Your gear is very good - I love that watchers eye.

The only thing I can see is that your arcane surge can be brought up to level 9.
That gets your manaregen up to 70+; maybe thats it? Also take a Sulphur Flask (unique or non unique, doenst matter) with you - its a handy damage increase.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
bl0b wrote:

huh. I am a bit stumped as to why you could have problems. Your gear is very good - I love that watchers eye.

The only thing I can see is that your arcane surge can be brought up to level 9.
That gets your manaregen up to 70+; maybe thats it? Also take a Sulphur Flask (unique or non unique, doenst matter) with you - its a handy damage increase.

Wow, just wow. I'm with stupid.
After importing the Char into PoB, i quickly checked through the Tabs and was wondering why the hell i hadn't upgraded my Level 20 Quality 0 Arcane Surge to Level 1 Quality 20. Why i had it at 20 is beyond me. I just played the first map with it starting at 1/20 and wow, that's a difference.

Also, one more question regarding The Discipline Aul's you're using - do you still run Discipline with Blood Magic in your Boots? How do you use the spare Life to cast the Aspect? :O
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)
Last edited by bl0b on Jan 7, 2019, 4:03:00 PM
"
bl0b wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
bl0b wrote:

Wow, just wow. I'm with stupid.
After importing the Char into PoB, i quickly checked through the Tabs and was wondering why the hell i hadn't upgraded my Level 20 Quality 0 Arcane Surge to Level 1 Quality 20. Why i had it at 20 is beyond me. I just played the first map with it starting at 1/20 and wow, that's a difference.

Also, one more question regarding The Discipline Aul's you're using - do you still run Discipline with Blood Magic in your Boots? How do you use the spare Life to cast the Aspect? :O

I am glad the mana stuff seems to be cleared up. :)

I linked the Gem Setup for Aul in the PoB. Basically I run the curses on Bloodmagic (without an enlighten) and basically the rest on mana. (I do run the clarity on bloodmagic as well but thats rather minor since it is superlow level)
about to make this char as my boss killer. never ran an ES build or a chaos dmg build and was curious exactly how the playstyle works? ive never used any of these skills and reading them/watching the videos you have im still a little confused. do you cast wither/contagion on a pack and then blight/ED or the other way around? is one skill only used for bosses one used for mapping? leveling the char now with arc so i havent got to play around with it much just figured id ask how it works :D thanks!
Last edited by Mtntech on Jan 7, 2019, 6:47:57 PM
"
Mtntech wrote:
about to make this char as my boss killer. never ran an ES build or a chaos dmg build and was curious exactly how the playstyle works? ive never used any of these skills and reading them/watching the videos you have im still a little confused. do you cast wither/contagion on a pack and then blight/ED or the other way around? is one skill only used for bosses one used for mapping? leveling the char now with arc so i havent got to play around with it much just figured id ask how it works :D thanks!

Well, kinda as advertised? You cast contagion on a mobgroup simply to debuff. Then you shoot in your Essence Drain and watch them all fall over like dominos. That's it.

Against bosses the contagion spread is not very useful - there you just use Essence Drain and blight them some afterwards. Done. :)
Considering that we have a constant life leech from Cerberus that isn't really doing much due to LL build, would Ghost Reaver keystone be an option?
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
Considering that we have a constant life leech from Cerberus that isn't really doing much due to LL build, would Ghost Reaver keystone be an option?

No, it is not. And no, we do not have constant life leech. We do not meet the requirements for it for one and most importantly Leech does not work with DoT spells/abilities. So don't. :) It is a trap!

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
No, it is not. And no, we do not have constant life leech. We do not meet the requirements for it for one and most importantly Leech does not work with DoT spells/abilities. So don't. :) It is a trap!

Yeah, that should have been 'if we get 30% block' rather than what i wrote. Words are hard -_-
Got it about DoTs not applying as spell damage!

Another question, if I use Prism Guardan instead of MAgna Eclipsis (I remember about stats on Cerberus, yeah), the health economy gets better.. I think? I mean, it gives 25% cost discount to blood magic, ehich is more than any other discount source. What would the setup be for thatoption? Or is even the tradeout worth it considering Magna's ES boost
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Mtntech wrote:

Well, kinda as advertised? You cast contagion on a mobgroup simply to debuff. Then you shoot in your Essence Drain and watch them all fall over like dominos. That's it.

Against bosses the contagion spread is not very useful - there you just use Essence Drain and blight them some afterwards. Done. :)

thanks for the info! :D
So with all the 3.5 changes, ED has much better single target now? No more running around in circles forever?

Also is Occultist better than Trickster?

Last question: Do Profane Bloom explosions still kill the chains?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info