[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
Boerz wrote:
The PoB links you postet for 3curse setup are a bit strange I think. They have no Malediction skilled, so how could you have 3 curses?

That variant uses Windshrieker boots that allow extra curse
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
"
Boerz wrote:
The PoB links you postet for 3curse setup are a bit strange I think. They have no Malediction skilled, so how could you have 3 curses?

That variant uses Windshrieker boots that allow extra curse

my bad
sorry I'm a pleb ;)
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
I've got a question about Flame Dash. How do you position yourself? I have died several times after auto dashing into mobs due to CwDT proc

You overleveled Cwdt and IC.
Cwdt is not ment to procc Flame Dash.

Just buy a level 1 cwdt and leave at it at level (you can right-click on the gemlevel up on the right side of the screen to hide it) as well as an immortal call which you level till level 3.

Note the GemLevels in the PoBs.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
OrKToS wrote:
First time fought Shaper, deathless and quick kill.

GZ!

Updated the build with some improvements for those who have the money:

Since we get Stun Immunity from Vile Bastion we can run this:

Which frees some mana up for some Aspect of the Spider which is pretty much the best damage increase we could sneak in; it also hinders everything on screen which is a perfect stand in for Temporal Chains.

With Enfeeble, Despair, Tripple Purity and Aspect of the Spider we are now really really tanky.

o/ Will update the OP in a few

I've come to like the high level of chaos resist. Doesn't this leave us with way lower chaos resist? Also, my
gives me a 1450 ES increase, 20% increased ES would just give around 450, so i'd miss out on 1000 ES.

On a more general note, i'm really enjoying the build! The only problem i'm facing is that i can't seem to keep shaper alive in elder fight. What did you do to solve that? Tooltip DPS for ED is 21k.
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)
Last edited by bl0b on Jan 6, 2019, 6:40:23 AM
"
bl0b wrote:

I've come to like the high level of chaos resist. Doesn't this leave us with way lower chaos resist? Also, my
gives me a 1450 ES increase, 20% increased ES would just give around 450, so i'd miss out on 1000 ES.

On a more general note, i'm really enjoying the build! The only problem i'm facing is that i can't seem to keep shaper alive in elder fight. What did you do to solve that? Tooltip DPS for ED is 21k.

Noone forces you to change that. :) Even with Aul we are sitting at a positive 20% Chaos resistance - which is quite high considering the game is balanced around a chaos resistance of -60%. Having 75% Chaos resist is still obviously better - but I have not been missing it terribly.

And yeah, you will loose a chunk of ES by going from Chayula to Aul's. I still have close to 11k ES so I personally am fine with it. But its up to you, really.

There is a video of RedElder in the OP; please check that out.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jan 6, 2019, 6:47:25 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
Noone forces you to change that. :) Even with Aul we are sitting at a positive 20% Chaos resistance - which is quite high considering the game is balanced around a chaos resistance of -60%. Having 75% Chaos resist is still obviously better - but I have not been missing it terribly.

And yeah, you will loose a chunk of ES by going from Chayula to Aul's. I still have close to 11k ES so I personally am fine with it. But its up to you, really.

That's true. Still a good option to keep in mind :)
I was trying to get a +1 curses corrupt on Chayula and an additional Temp Chains on Hit corrupt on the gloves. Sitting at 10,5k ES with Chayula on Level 93.

I've seen the video before and tried exactly that for 3 times now. Adds don't die as quickly as in your video, which is why i was referring to my tooltip dps. Maybe my DPS is too low?
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)
Have you guys gone directly LL or did you transition like Hybrid / CI / LL or something like that.

I wanted to try use this build in HC and dont really have currency there.

Greetings
"
bl0b wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

That's true. Still a good option to keep in mind :)
I was trying to get a +1 curses corrupt on Chayula and an additional Temp Chains on Hit corrupt on the gloves. Sitting at 10,5k ES with Chayula on Level 93.

I've seen the video before and tried exactly that for 3 times now. Adds don't die as quickly as in your video, which is why i was referring to my tooltip dps. Maybe my DPS is too low?

Ah, getting another curse on the amulet would not do much for us - we do not have the mana free usually. You can run the tripple curse setup though if you would like to have 3 curses!

Curse on Hit does not work for us - neither contagion or blight 'hit'. They are just degeneration effects - same as RF or Scorching Ray. You can read up on that stuff on the wiki if you are interested.

It might be the DPS, yeah? The problem i had with your information is that you gave me the tooltip 'on hit' damage from ED. Whats relevant is the 'Damage over Time' it does. The Hideout tooltip should be over 100k for that.

I would encourage you to use PoB though - since the hideout tooltips only take the damage into account that your character can 'put out'. It does not take into account which kind of enemy you hit. Thats important since we put a lot of debuffs on our enemies with curses, void gaze, wither, spider aura (if we have it) and the blight threshold gems. All those increases are not visible on the tooltip since they debuff the enemy and not buff us - so our damage output reads as kinda low and shitty on the ingame tooltip - while it is actually pretty gangster in application. ;)

PoB does take those values into account - it is what the configuration tab is about where you set up against what kind of enemy you want to know your dps for.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
I've got a question about Flame Dash. How do you position yourself? I have died several times after auto dashing into mobs due to CwDT proc

Just buy a level 1 cwdt and leave at it at level (you can right-click on the gemlevel up on the right side of the screen to hide it) as well as an immortal call which you level till level 3.

Oh! Now I see what I've done wromg. Just for my education, why do we keep IC at that level?
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Smirnoffico wrote:

Oh! Now I see what I've done wromg. Just for my education, why do we keep IC at that level?

Because Cwdt at lv 1 (and we want to keep that low level so it proccs more often/at a lower amount of damage taken) only supports gems to a certain level. It is Level 3 for IC. And since IC does not benefit much from levels if you use it without Endurance charges (like we do) it is most optimal to leave the setup as it is put into the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info