[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
livejamie wrote:
So with all the 3.5 changes, ED has much better single target now? No more running around in circles forever?

Also is Occultist better than Trickster?

Last question: Do Profane Bloom explosions still kill the chains?

The damage has more then trippled, yeah. The nature of the spell and the debuffs that support it (wither formost, but also spideraura etc) take a bit of time to ramp up - so the damage is not super frontloaded as with other speccs that pop their flasks/vaal haste and blow something up.

That being said - you an check my UElder video and I forced the first phase switch (when elder spawns portals) before shaper finished his second beam attack. Which is about 20 to 30 seconds into the fight. The overall encounter took about 3 to 4 minutes. Which is not superfast - but for a tanky build it is far from slow. The fastest builds usually can do UElder in about 2 minutes and some change. So if you are fine to take a minute more on the endgame uber encounters this is for you. :) Please check the videos linked on the OP though to check for yourself.

I think Occultist is better then the Trickster for ED due to the Asendency changes. The Damage is just much higher while the QoL is better as well, since wither gets cast automatically on everything on screen - no finagling around with totems and stuff. (and more gemlinks for supports)

In this build we typcially do not use Profane Bloom - though you can if you wish. Afaik profane bloom never killed a chain if your Contagion radius was big enough - but mayhap I am wrong? I never noticed anything of the like to happen. I hope that answers that.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jan 9, 2019, 8:46:59 AM
hello!

first, thanks a lot for the guide..

im confused about how do u run the "tri-curse" setup.. i see we can apply an extra curse from whispers of doom and we don't take malediction.. i don't see a "+1 curse" on your gear.

am i missing something?

thanks again!
"
Capslocks wrote:
hello!

first, thanks a lot for the guide..

im confused about how do u run the "tri-curse" setup.. i see we can apply an extra curse from whispers of doom and we don't take malediction.. i don't see a "+1 curse" on your gear.

am i missing something?

thanks again!

There is a "+1 curse" on the gear. The tri-curse setup runs different boots which grant +1 curse.
Thinking of starting this, im getting a little bored with templar and ranger is too expensive.

How hard is the build to level ?
Last edited by kiteohatto on Jan 9, 2019, 2:19:42 PM
"
kiteohatto wrote:
Thinking of starting this, im getting a little bored with templar and ranger is too expensive.

It wasn't too bad, used arc and blade vortex till 50ish when I finally swapped over. At that point I had enough chaos damage nodes that things just fell over.

Different question for Cyrix though,I'll be going CI until I can afford Shav's (crazy expensive this league, 250+ chaos easy), but would you recommend Vile Baston or Withering Touch first?

I would nearly always go Vile Baston for survival, but wondering with the quality of life of the free casting Withered, plus the threshold jewels seems to add some survivablity on their own.

It won't be too long before I get both as I have Uber already unlocked, but still, haven't played with the new Occultist nodes yet.
"
llamaegg wrote:
"
kiteohatto wrote:

It wasn't too bad, used arc and blade vortex till 50ish when I finally swapped over. At that point I had enough chaos damage nodes that things just fell over.

Different question for Cyrix though,I'll be going CI until I can afford Shav's (crazy expensive this league, 250+ chaos easy), but would you recommend Vile Baston or Withering Touch first?

I would nearly always go Vile Baston for survival, but wondering with the quality of life of the free casting Withered, plus the threshold jewels seems to add some survivablity on their own.

It won't be too long before I get both as I have Uber already unlocked, but still, haven't played with the new Occultist nodes yet.

I would propably also go for Vile Bastion first - simply due to stun immunity. I imagine its just kinda frustrating opening up a strongbox and getting circlebeaten to death while not being able to do anything about it.

€dit: I just saw you use an Eye of Chayula. In this case you actually might wanna go start pathing to withering touch first. As long as you are fine surviving it should make things quite a bit quicker.

I also see that you overleveled your Arcane Surge. Don't do that. Keep it at a level it proccs with one use of contagion.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jan 9, 2019, 4:51:27 PM
Yo, I killed Uber Elder with a slightly modified version of this build (dream fragments version), I had 1 only death (surpisingly, since this was my 4 or 5th time facing the uber elder without succes).

My "free" slots are this (mostly crap), rest is the build gear:

My active auras at the fight where:

Aspect of the Spider
Despair
Enfeeble
Purity of Ice
Purity of elements
Clarity
Discipline

Is there any way to fit aspect of the spider and the 3 purities? I like the extra max res in general and my watcher eye has phys dmg to fire when purity of fire. My enlightens are lvl 3 on the helmet and lvl 2 on the shield (afecting only discipline in this fight), so i was wondering if with lvl 4 enlightens aspect could fit in, it seems to me that is a great debuf.

Usually I run the 3 purities 2 curse version, but I felt i needed a bit more dmg in this fight to make it shorter and let me less time to fuck up. This league is my first after 3 years of not playing poe, it felt like a new game to me hehe.

The build is supersolid, can do all content and even some ultra rip maps that not many people can do and it really shines in delve: Contagion + Essence Drain + quicksilver flask/flame dash and run forward, the clearing speed is actually insane. Same for ultra packed maps.
Last edited by caperoide on Jan 9, 2019, 9:51:32 PM
"
caperoide wrote:
Yo, I killed Uber Elder with a slightly modified version of this build (dream fragments version), I had 1 only death (surpisingly, since this was my 4 or 5th time facing the uber elder without succes).

My "free" slots are this (mostly crap), rest is the build gear:

My active auras at the fight where:

Aspect of the Spider
Despair
Enfeeble
Purity of Ice
Purity of elements
Clarity
Discipline

Is there any way to fit aspect of the spider and the 3 purities? I like the extra max res in general and my watcher eye has phys dmg to fire when purity of fire. My enlightens are lvl 3 on the helmet and lvl 2 on the shield (afecting only discipline in this fight), so i was wondering if with lvl 4 enlightens aspect could fit in, it seems to me that is a great debuf.

Usually I run the 3 purities 2 curse version, but I felt i needed a bit more dmg in this fight to make it shorter and let me less time to fuck up. This league is my first after 3 years of not playing poe, it felt like a new game to me hehe.

The build is supersolid, can do all content and even some ultra rip maps that not many people can do and it really shines in delve: Contagion + Essence Drain + quicksilver flask/flame dash and run forward, the clearing speed is actually insane. Same for ultra packed maps.

Cheers on the UberElder!

As for your questions: Yeah, there is a possibility to run all three purities and the aspect of the spider. Check the Updates in the OP or directly refer to the last PoB in the OP.

Thanks for giving feedback! :)
Im a little confused, can you tell me why we need so much ES ?
Looking at ascendancies, wouldnt Malediction be stronger ?

Im 28 right now and i feel my damage is...really bad with contagion and ES against bosses and syndicates.

On the other hand, there is something super tranquil putting 1 es on a mob and starting a chain reaction :D

If you could sum up this build for a newb like me how would it be ? Why are we not taking many curse nodes on the tree ?

Cheers
"
kiteohatto wrote:
Im a little confused, can you tell me why we need so much ES ?
Looking at ascendancies, wouldnt Malediction be stronger ?

Im 28 right now and i feel my damage is...really bad with contagion and ES against bosses and syndicates.

On the other hand, there is something super tranquil putting 1 es on a mob and starting a chain reaction :D

If you could sum up this build for a newb like me how would it be ? Why are we not taking many curse nodes on the tree ?

Cheers

Because it is good to have.

Maledition would be stronger then what? Where would you take the points away from? I do not understand your question.

You are level 28 and you have not put a single point towards athropy - or any of the chaos damage nodes. Instead you go for things you dont even use in your leveling gear like curses or heavy ES increasements.
You even took Pain Attunment without sense or rime or reason to it.

I made a post on page 2 about how to level this. Please check this out.

To sum up the build for noobs? Hands off and play something else. :P

This is not a noob build or guide and it clearly states that in the disclaimer. That you have problems now and do no understand what is going on is a result of that.

Cheers!
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jan 11, 2019, 10:07:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info