Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

0.10.2 Patch Notes

Shock Stacking with Incinerate, be on the lookout.
Looking forward to this patch
"
WippitGuud wrote:
"
millzzz wrote:
Just drop the patch already, omg.

It's like 4am where they are. Patience is a virtue.
I've been patient since patch details leak :( I am so ready to fix my duelist main.

EDIT: Can anyone explain to me exactly what they mean when they say armor master effect has been moved over to leather and steel nodes? If it's like each one is 12% more armor and evasion +2% less move penalty I am not going to be a happy camper. I already have all of my armor nodes set up and I Don't want to have to grab more or be forced to go iron reflex if this is the case..
Last edited by millzzz on Mar 6, 2013, 5:07:56 PM
So with the buff to duelist attack speed, particularly, can we look forward to a more general buff to melee characters?

Specifically auto targeting in groups of mods when shift is held for an attack?

Basically using frenzy w/ 4 charges, berserking, acceleration, and the dual-wield attack speed nodes you get....

15 + 12 + 12 + 32 (frenzy in the 8% attack speed per charge range) + 20 + 15 (dual wield attack speed bonus iirc) = 106% increased attack speed. With dual foils (using the 1.7 attacks per second base foil) you're hitting 3.4 attacks per second before considering whether the foil might have an attack speed mod of its own or faster attack support gems.

An endgame build with a good foil, +10% attack speed, a level 10 faster attacks gem, and a 5th frenzy charge using the 8% range frenzy gem adds (8+5+10+32)% more attack speed, for a final total of 161% increased attack speed... or 4.437 attacks per second.

and there's noooo way you're going to be able to manually click groups of mobs fast enough to make that effective outside of killing some trash mobs and then blapping a boss before the frenzy charges fade.

I know it's a tired analogy at this point, but the zeal-paladin from D2 did a series of rapid attacks and would auto target switch. Without that ability to autotarget single-target skills will never balance in to the killing equation.

edit: forgot blood rage.

Also didn't consider any additional attack speed nodes that you'd pick up while leveling.

With high level gems you could easily top 200%+ attack speed increase

Vaal pact leech attack speed duelist is a go?
Last edited by TyrusDark on Mar 6, 2013, 5:10:50 PM
"
Glowyrm wrote:

"
exorzist wrote:
still no new cosmetics for melee ... oh well ...

but in addition you get a new spell and immediately the new cosmetic ...

dont know what to say.

Yeah, I had the same feeling when I saw that.

I'm sure they have their reasons though. I doubt they are maniacally laughing and rubbing their hands together behind the scenes about it.

As they have said before creating new cosmetics for melee is a lot longer process than spells as it has to be done for each weapon type and possibly character, where as doing a new effect for a spell is much simpler as a spell just has one effect regardless of weapon or character.

Also to be honest just changing the colour of the flame is hardly the most difficult and technical change to make, which is probably why it came out at the same time.
Last edited by Jaknet on Mar 6, 2013, 5:21:08 PM
Cant wait to see what this game is going to be like a year from now! Keep up the good work GGG!
ign HC: Ek_dank Acct name xDank
looks good!
i <3 minesweeper
"
"
The Portal gem is now treated as a spell, so it is affected by things like cast speed and can exist on a Spell Totem.

Now, THIS, makes me a happy witch.

You forgot to link it with a Spell Totem Gem. :D
"
Fixed a bug where Culling Strike would prevent the Item Rarity/Quantity support gems from applying.

You're kidding! This has been happening all along?
IGN: Iolar
"
Plastic_Cup wrote:
Shock Stacking with Incinerate, be on the lookout.

I doubt this will be any more viable than shock stacking with flame totem.
IGN: Iolar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info