0.10.2 Patch Notes

"
habbey wrote:
I'm in a similar boat with the completely undescribed "added mana nodes to ranger section" to compensate for moving mana flows, if they're just added some extra 8% mana nodes then i'll run into some serious mana issues with the auras i run, though not the biggest nerf i've ever seen.

Yes, if I can't get the new mana flows, then I'll be spending 3 points for 4% less mana and no additional regen. Its not a terrible nerf in the scheme of things, not really sure what the motivation behind moving Mana flows is, this is the first I've read about it.

"
Axebane wrote:
Weeeelll technically I do know where it is moving to, but I cannot give specifics due to the NDA on Alpha testers, plus it could possibly change before the patch goes live anyway.

Anyway, if all you were using it for was the increased max mana, there is an 18% increased max mana node just to the right of center, and there should be a few other max mana nodes on your path that you have access to that you could use instead.

I really don't think it's gonna be the end of the world for your build or anything. You are just gonna have to revise your build a little bit and you should be fine.

Deep thoughts is currently 6 points out the way, so inaccessible. I agree that its not terrible, just not as good as it was, particularly because it was available from one of the main highways, and is now likely buried in the duelist start area...
Last edited by othy on Mar 6, 2013, 1:43:58 AM
"
othy wrote:
"
habbey wrote:
I'm in a similar boat with the completely undescribed "added mana nodes to ranger section" to compensate for moving mana flows, if they're just added some extra 8% mana nodes then i'll run into some serious mana issues with the auras i run, though not the biggest nerf i've ever seen.

Yes, if I can't get the new mana flows, then I'll be spending 3 points for 4% less mana and no additional regen. Its not a terrible nerf in the scheme of things, not really sure what the motivation behind moving Mana flows is, this is the first I've read about it.

I believe the main motivation behind it was to help with the mana issues that fast attack speed Duelists often run into, without them having to always go toward Ranger to get it, or toward Marauder for Blood Magic.

I don't want to be rude, but it sorta sounds like you are just nitpicking here. The game is still in Beta testing, so changes are expected. Gotta learn to adapt, especially with something so minor as 4% less max mana.
"
habbey wrote:

Yeah hard to tell until we see these new nodes. Rangers were in a weird spot where all the mana stuff was inbetween their tree and others, like there's mana flows obviously but the mana+cost reduction near ambidextry(albeit pretty weak) too in that ara which is kinda far and then the big mana node inbetween shadow and ranger toward the middle but getting there was painful.

On the patch, damn reading those nodes the Duellist start is going to be crazy good now it seems. If anything, everyone will go in there to grab some damage stuff for cheap while grabbing the health stuff. Boosting the block nodes further even though they were very strong, especially the DW one is also interesting.

Can't wait for the new melee skill. Then hopefully the "melee mitigation" patch, something that makes melee tankier, not much but something would be good.

Guess I get a free respec on my mandmode char too.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Mar 6, 2013, 1:45:06 AM
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
habbey wrote:

Yeah hard to tell until we see these new nodes. Rangers were in a weird spot where all the mana stuff was inbetween their tree and others, like there's mana flows obviously but the mana+cost reduction near ambidextry(albeit pretty weak) too in that ara which is kinda far and then the big mana node inbetween shadow and ranger toward the middle but getting there was painful.

On the patch, damn reading those nodes the Duellist start is going to be crazy good now it seems. If anything, everyone will go in there to grab some damage stuff for cheap while grabbing the health stuff. Boosting the block nodes further even though they were very strong, especially the DW one is also interesting.

Can't wait for the new melee skill. Then hopefully the "melee mitigation" patch, something that makes melee tankier, not much but something would be good.

Guess I get a free respec on my mandmode char too.

Hate to mention D3 but something like the %30 dmg reduction to barb and monk is what I'm thinking of. Also the mana issue for rangers I hope isn't too bad. Mana flows was the only thing keeping non blood mages afloat.
Dont forget to add shield block values to the items list when you make those lvl 78-79 changes!

Better late than never and all that~

Edit: Also, regarding belts/boots now having access to the blazing prefix... can we get a list of valid affix targets sometime soon as well?
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Mar 6, 2013, 1:53:42 AM
"
Axebane wrote:
"
othy wrote:
"
habbey wrote:

I believe the main motivation behind it was to help with the mana issues that fast attack speed Duelists often run into, without them having to always go toward Ranger to get it, or toward Marauder for Blood Magic.

I don't want to be rude, but it sorta sounds like you are just nitpicking here. The game is still in Beta testing, so changes are expected. Gotta learn to adapt, especially with something so minor as 4% less max mana.

Half the game is nitpicking over passive node routes! I'm just trying to have a discussion on the change. I have no issues if they reorganised the entire tree tomorrow and nerfed every build, they are obviously running a very agile development process and I like it (Path of Agile?).
Devs, just a little thought, maybe it would've been good to move the leather and steel nodes to sit in the place of armor mastery, since it makes no sense to have the leather and steel nodes right next to the steelskin nodes, considering they're both essentially Armour % nodes in the first place
Last edited by Shocking on Mar 6, 2013, 1:55:39 AM
Do we get a full respec if points in the Duelist tree or just for the specific points?
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
Do we get a full respec if points in the Duelist tree or just for the specific points?

Still no officaly word on that but i would think a full respec as it could really screw some people build over
"
othy wrote:
"
Axebane wrote:

Half the game is nitpicking over passive node routes! I'm just trying to have a discussion on the change. I have no issues if they reorganised the entire tree tomorrow and nerfed every build, they are obviously running a very agile development process and I like it (Path of Agile?).

haha! Alright, fair enough. I think Rangers are probably the ones who are going to be hurt the most by the change to Mana Flows, even though they are getting new mana nodes in their area. I'm guessing most of them will either have to rely on Mana Leech as you do, or get Blood Magic.

If it ends up being a big enough problem, maybe GGG will do some small tweaks to the Ranger start area to rectify it, which could open up new possibilities for your build to get the mana it needs for your auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info