Lightning Arrow

"
xakary wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Its AoE triggers against walls and objects just fine for me. Been using it this league and the past.. three or so. No differences.

I went back and tested after your post. You are correct, that it triggers on obstacles in the maps.

It turns out, what I was observing was that it does NOT trigger on frost wall if the arrow pierces. I tested for a few minutes with 100% pierce chance, and as best I can tell, the effect does not trigger. It will trigger just fine if the arrow is stopped by the frostwall.

When I used to play this build, it would trigger on frostwall whether it pierced or not. Do you know if that is a bug, or a change much older than I searched for? I think the league I used the build in was Ambush.

Very old post, but I see no one answered your question.

I'm pretty sure this is a Frost Wall bug, not connected to lightning arrow as such. Check out the Frost Wall thread for more info.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Just to clerify:

Skill damage still doesn't scale with AoE damage?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Correct.
Lightning Arrow - is there a limit / cap to projectile speed?

I heard that lightning arrow already has the fastest arrow speed in game. Is there any point to adding projectile speed? I'm mainly concerned with pvp implications in sarn arena.

Made a reddit post regarding this question. Would appreciate Mark_GGG or Vipermagi's comments.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"
Castablanca wrote:
Yes - it's limited to not go below 99% reduced, so projectiles do always still move.
There is no upper cap.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Castablanca wrote:
Yes - it's limited to not go below 99% reduced, so projectiles do always still move.
There is no upper cap.

Thank you Mark!

So, does this mean that adding Faster Projectiles support to Lightning Arrow extends the arrow's travel distance and range?
"
Castablanca wrote:
So, does this mean that adding Faster Projectiles support to Lightning Arrow extends the arrow's travel distance and range?
No. It increases their speed.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Castablanca wrote:
No. It increases their speed.

On other projectile-based attacks (e.g. freezing pulse, fireball, ethereal knives), the speed of the projectile increases the distance traveled.

But, for Lightning arrow, the speed of the projectile does NOT increase the distance traveled?

I just want do double check this specific mechanic because a large part of the bow community is therefore misinformed including myself. Thanks Mark!
Freezing pulse and ethereal knives have limited projectile lifetimes. Adding speed makes these projectiles travel further before they run out of time.

Lightning arrow (and all other bow skills I can think of) don't have a limited lifetime, but continue going until they hit something. They will get there faster, but would still have gotten there eventually as long as nothing got in the way.
"
Castablanca wrote:
On other projectile-based attacks (e.g. freezing pulse, fireball, ethereal knives), the speed of the projectile increases the distance traveled.
This is false.

Out of all the projectiles in the game, there is a small set of projectile skills that have the projectiles last for a fixed time.
These skills are:
  • Freezing Pulse
  • Ethereal Knives
  • Ball Lightning
  • Frost Blades
  • Incinerate
  • Flame Totem

Note that Fireball (and Lightning Arrow) is not on this list. Because these specific projectiles have a fixed time that the projectile can exist, making them faster means they'll get further in that time, effectively extending the range they can hit things at.

This is not basic projectile behaviour, and no other projectile skill works like that. It is a side effect of the special behaviour (fixed time) of those skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info