Lightning Arrow

"
rain_star wrote:
I Have some questions about Lightning Arrow

Elemental Damage Nodes( near the shadow starting area) is that only for spells? does it effect Lightning arrow? Does it affect Auras like Anger/Wrath/Hatred? Does it affect the 3 bounces off of the initial hit from lightning arrow?

Is the node Catalyze good for lightning arrow? Or is that only if my bow has elemental damage affixes
Weapon elemental Damage nodes-Does it affect Auras like Anger/Wrath/Hatred

Yeah, it does affect all you stated, but if you dont focus on base elemental damage (from anger, wrath, Voltaxis Rift, etc) and use bow with high physical DPS, then you should focus on physical damage nodes, and skip elemental ones, even if you use things like Hatred and Lightning Arrow (because their potency will be lower).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
2.0 massively buffed Lightning Arrow, so it can now compete with TS! I think this is good news. It's not OP, it's just powerful - but requires investment/gear, as it should.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
The funniest bit is where Lightning Arrow was already good.
it was VERY VERY good in 1.2 and in 1.3

now - with the +shock on quality (amazingly powerful bonus for a quality perk..)

and it did not really need 'good gear' for that: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1096271

works wonders in 2.0
I used a lightning arrow build a few leagues ago, and I was trying it again in warbands. It seems lightning arrow no longer explodes when hitting obstacles. I used to use it with frost wall, or just hitting obstacles on the screen to help generate some extra damage. Is this a bug or nerf? I went through patch notes for the last 6 months with ctrl + F "lightning" and didn't see anything.
Its AoE triggers against walls and objects just fine for me. Been using it this league and the past.. three or so. No differences.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Its AoE triggers against walls and objects just fine for me. Been using it this league and the past.. three or so. No differences.

I went back and tested after your post. You are correct, that it triggers on obstacles in the maps.

It turns out, what I was observing was that it does NOT trigger on frost wall if the arrow pierces. I tested for a few minutes with 100% pierce chance, and as best I can tell, the effect does not trigger. It will trigger just fine if the arrow is stopped by the frostwall.

When I used to play this build, it would trigger on frostwall whether it pierced or not. Do you know if that is a bug, or a change much older than I searched for? I think the league I used the build in was Ambush.
Skill not as fun without its wall/object impact sounds and visuals.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Sep 1, 2015, 5:59:33 PM
can someone tell me if Item Quantity and Rarity gem is effective with this gem ?

basically wanna use lightning arrow for mf build but not sure the IIQ and IIR affect the drops when using on lightning arrow
"
Zangetas wrote:
can someone tell me if Item Quantity and Rarity gem is effective with this gem ?

Of course it applies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info