Anger

i meant both when i said 110% not counting the plain AoE in the middle because i have ocd and hate the odd 12% that was.

guess viper has a point though about the point of view for indoors being an issue vs the size which can be boosted plenty of ways fixing that issue fine.
Currently at 27% towards lvl 28 and anger has upgraded to need lvl 28. Got from q in act 1
Getting close to lvl 31 and my gem just upgraded again requiring level 32. Quite the gap now
Gems basically always outlevel the player; this is... nothing new. It can be significantly exacerbated by death and killing stuff in lower level areas.
Hi,i have started playing this game recently, and have been doing so with a group of friends. Two of them are witches and so have a largish mana pool and so can both cast at least 1 aura effectively. I however am a templar, with an even mix of damage and health/armour boosting skills. When using this buff to help my party it takes up around 1/3 - 1/2 of my mana pool, which is a bit too much tbh.

I personally think it should be a % of your mana that it reduces, rather than a fixed number, or if i am mistaken and it is a %, then it should be lowered
Edited: Sorry, not need anymore.
IGN: tauthichme
Last edited by badaovn on Jan 12, 2013, 2:11:10 PM
The damage seems a little low considering the crappiness of fire's elemental ailment. It seems fire should be the one with high damage while lightning has the damage-boosting side effect and cold has the crowd-control thing. Instead, lightning is pretty much on par with fire before considering the huge benefits of shock, and the frost aura will end up giving by far the most damage (though at a higher reservation cost). Just a bit odd. Anger's damage could certainly be buffed by as much as 50% without it being an issue, IMO.
"
engqvist85 wrote:
The damage seems a little low considering the crappiness of fire's elemental ailment. It seems fire should be the one with high damage while lightning has the damage-boosting side effect and cold has the crowd-control thing. Instead, lightning is pretty much on par with fire before considering the huge benefits of shock, and the frost aura will end up giving by far the most damage (though at a higher reservation cost). Just a bit odd. Anger's damage could certainly be buffed by as much as 50% without it being an issue, IMO.

??

Please add the context: i.e. your gear that grants more cold-damage from Hatred than Anger at a large number of levels. :) Anger and Wrath are specifically designed to be worth more to builds with faster attacks per second and lower physical damage per hit, and worth less than Hatred for pure physical damage builds.
Placing your feedback in the context of where that scheme is will help GGG decide on the relative value (whether they nerfed anger/wrath too much).
Last edited by zharmad on Jan 28, 2013, 5:29:29 PM
I don't really get the deal with Anger... Even if its numbers were doubled it would still feel very bad compared to Hatred in my opinion.

I'm a 2H-Marauder, and I get that since it adds base damage it works better while Dual Wielding fast weapons, but it stills feels ridiculous...

I have my main skills with both Added Fire Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage, and I have some passive skills that increase my Fire Damage by a %... Still, when I equip Anger I get around 40-80 DPS increase on my AoE/SingleTarget skills; while the same level Hatred increases them by 500-1000 DPS...
I highly doubt even Dual Wielders with fast weapons benefit more from Anger than Hatred... Which kinda tells us how useless it is and feels when even its only working build doesn't get benefits as good (except maybe at very low levels). Also, whats good about Anger's Fire? Is just extra damage and thats it, right? (Correct me if wrong) While Hatred's Cold allows you to freeze the enemies by time to time.

I'm kinda new on PoE, and I may be wrong about how good Anger can be for a Dual Wielding Fast-Weapons char; but looks to me like Anger only works for a very specific build while still be worse than Hatred for that build.

If you want my opinion, the Elemental Damage Auras should all increase damage by a % and be single-stat based instead of STR/INT that is going on Anger; which makes it even worse... I don't have/want INT, but I need it for Anger? :(
Last edited by Kaemonarch on Feb 2, 2013, 3:00:09 PM
Comparing an aura that reserves 40% mana and one that reserves a flat amount is obviously going to lead to some issues. Anger can be used with Blood Magic, Hatred cannot(well it can but it's horrible). Anger adds a static amount which means it works better on smaller damage faster weapons such as 1H, while Hatred works better on slower 2H weapon with large damage range. Anger works better in elemental builds which will use weapons with as many elemental damage mods as possible instead of physical % mods, meaning their physical damage is lower in comparison.

There's many reason to use Anger over Hatred. There's an equally large amount of reasons to use Hatred over Anger. They're different, use whatever fits your build better.

Now Anger and Wrath, you can compare. And they're both pretty much the same, one gives a tighter damage range(Anger) while the others has higher maximum damage but also lower minimum damage so it's a bit random what you get out of it. Also different stat requirements and elements obviously so they fit different builds, even though they're quite often both in the same builds since they also both fit the same general builds. Hatred on the other hand is used in completely different builds.

In short, Anger and Wrath are mainly meant for Blood Magic or Elemental builds. Hatred is meant for heavy Physical builds(including EK builds).
Last edited by PyrosEien on Feb 2, 2013, 5:49:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info