Anger

D'oh!
Went D1 -> D2 -> D3 -> PoE. Natural progression...
Can anybody tell me why Anger dont chance my DPS in EK:

I tought the DPS have to go up when i start Anger Aura, but in the Tooltip, nothing happen?!?
Read Anger's description; it only works on Attacks.
Now check the tags at the top of EK's Gem description. It's a Spell.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Read Anger's description; it only works on Attacks.
Now check the tags at the top of EK's Gem description. It's a Spell.

Oh, thanks!
does anger add fire damages to the explosion of explosive arrow ? or just to the arrow itself ?
Just the arrow. The explosion is neither an Attack nor a Spell (it's 'secondary' Damage), and Anger only applies to Attacks.
In a world where not everyone builds for crit it would be nice if there was a flat 5-10% chance to ignite added to Anger.

[Added Fire Damage] + [Herald of Ash] along with a moderate chance to ignite from [Anger] would really open up possibilities for physical attack builds without forcing them into witch/shadow.

It's not that far fetched of an idea. Two uniques already make this possible, [The Taming] and[Gang's Momentum]. It wouldn't make them obsolete either, if anything makes them even more desirable because even with 4APS 5% chance to ignite would struggle to keep a target ignited.

It's not massive (because it already exists) but things like this should seriously be considered unless GGG wants Crit to stay where it is. The nodes around Templar/Marauder are ripe for this kind of change and would even allow players to use resolute technique again. Even a Facebreaker build could benefit from changes like this.

While I agree in terms of balance against crit, I think adding "chance to igntite" to Anger would further go down a road I don't really like.

I always liked that you needed to wear certain uniques if you wanted certain stuff.

Want another curse? Look at those unique items that give you one. Yes, they are not that great, but they are available.

Want spellblock? Wear Lazhwar.
(I know Lazhwar is great, but it's thats really only because of the spellblock line, the other stats are horrible)

Want another Endurance Charge? Kaom's ring.

Want ignite? Wear

Corrupts and new Uniques have defeated this design idea, now you got good stuff without "working for it" (dealing wih the drawbacks of lowlevel uniques in highend content).

I'd rather see Crit loosing the automatic freeze/shock/ignite.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I'm willing to Trade anything for an ''Anger'' Gem. I mostly hang out on ''The Coast'' Mostly where i hand out. :/

I'm willing to Trade anything for an ''Anger'' Gem. I mostly hang out on ''The Coast'' Mostly where i hand out. :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info