General Gem Discussion

I'd like to see a dodge gem, not like evasion but a gem that when the skill is used makes you dodge in a specific direction.

There's been a number of occasions where I would have liked to have rolled out of the way of a charging mob, then strike at them while they recover.

I'm guessing that such a skill might not be made due to the animation requirements. But as a stop gap you could use a similar mechanic to flicker strike. Just without needing a specific target.
"
Moodyb wrote:
I'd like to see a dodge gem, not like evasion but a gem that when the skill is used makes you dodge in a specific direction.

There's been a number of occasions where I would have liked to have rolled out of the way of a charging mob, then strike at them while they recover.

I'm guessing that such a skill might not be made due to the animation requirements. But as a stop gap you could use a similar mechanic to flicker strike. Just without needing a specific target.

Whirling blades are just that, a fast evasion move not requiring a target, great for dodging slow but damaging blows of brutus or vaal oversoul.
Respect your passive skills and they shall respect you in turn.
I was just about to agree with you before I remembered why I'd not moved my Whirling blades gem across. It only works with claws, daggers and swords. I've currently got a mace with my Marauder, which is kinda what prompted me to wish for a defensive gem/skill.

Maybe I'll drop the mace and go with a weapon that works with it. Back to the drawing board for me!
"
I'd guess it's intentional since your aura gems won't gain any EXP like that. If you just want to free action bar slots use weapon switching.

Ok, but once I level them up, I can use them freely and un-equip them right after... I would say that this gives me additional advantage and it surely is not exping penalty.
Im talking about "end-game" here.

Still, its a little weird...
I was wondering if it was ever going to be possible to use elemental hit with wands? It'd be a fun character to make! :)
"
neilnother wrote:
I was wondering if it was ever going to be possible to use elemental hit with wands? It'd be a fun character to make! :)

You can already.
So i didn't know where to post that, nothing to terrible still it's just about the town portal gem. I didn't read the all thread so maybe it's an already known issue.

If you use the mouse 1 shortcut usually with other skill you have to press shift to use it ( for obvious reasons you don't want to loose your ability to move right ? ), well with the town portal gem you can't move anymore.

I know it's not a big deal but i didn't find any bugs yet, i was feeling bad to enjoy the game so much and not "beta testing" it for real. :D

I would like to suggest a new type of skill gem.

namely- dark skills

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
starsg wrote:

I would like to suggest a new type of skill gem.

namely- dark skills

and what's that supposed to be? O_o
If you really want to make a suggestion you should elaborate a bit more ;)
I wish there would be more types of skill gems.. :)

Any idea if GGG will make more?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info