General Gem Discussion

New patch will bring 2 new ice skills. Cool. But why ice? Looking at the offensive skills forget lightning. Firestorm is sometimes nice but in most cases ice is the only way to go. Freezing Pulse, Cold Snap work best. So why doesn't GGG include useful lightning and fire skills or improve the existing ones?
Cold Snap has been improved but what about improving fire and lightning spells so that they can compete with freezing pulse?

(i'm talking about spells, of course lightning arrow is cool but that's only for bow users)
http://www.roadatlas.eu
Last edited by prawda on Sep 5, 2012, 6:15:29 PM
After arriving from Cruel and cleaning up the beach in ruthless, I ran inside to get my gem. Wait, there is no gem. :(( Just another rare item that isn't any good. My unlucky Bow Dualist has two empty slots because I can't find any gems to fill them. Please reconsider offering rare items instead of gems. Or perhaps a mix of both. It's hard to play the game without them.
Purringcat Clan-DA Staff
Why does GGG hate Rangers so much. They used to be fun, now it's just constant kiting.
Last edited by purringcat on Sep 6, 2012, 2:14:57 PM
The Ice Shot and Arctic Breath gems are now on the forum.
Balance & Design
I hope this is the right place to post this.
I was reading the notes of the last update and noted you were making color changes for color-blind people.
A thought popped in my head, why not make the sockets and corresponding colored gems a different shape? Triangle Rectangle and circle along with the color?

Now to find where I suggest making forest town (act two) much larger. It's too cramped when there are a just a few people.

Loving this game,
~John
Last edited by Morpheus666 on Sep 12, 2012, 5:59:15 PM
New curses suggestion:

Silence (Red) - prevents the target to cast any skill from blue skill gems
Root (Green)- prevents the target to cast any skill from red skill gems
Confuse (Blue)- prevents the target to cast any skill from green skill gems

If you get the curse from monsters you are unable to utilize any of your skills from that gem color, but if you're using another coloured gem which got linked passive skill gems with the said color, the passive bonuses wouldn't apply till you're cursed.

If you cast the curse in enemies they'll use regular attack instead.

With these curses, players should know their enemies better, by knowing which skills they're using also what's the color of it.
In addition, you can prevent eachother from using the curses since my idea is that skill color A prevents B to be casted.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
Alternalo wrote:
New curses suggestion:

Silence (Red) - prevents the target to cast any skill from blue skill gems
Root (Green)- prevents the target to cast any skill from red skill gems
Confuse (Blue)- prevents the target to cast any skill from green skill gems

If you get the curse from monsters you are unable to utilize any of your skills from that gem color, but if you're using another coloured gem which got linked passive skill gems with the said color, the passive bonuses wouldn't apply till you're cursed.

If you cast the curse in enemies they'll use regular attack instead.

With these curses, players should know their enemies better, by knowing which skills they're using also what's the color of it.
In addition, you can prevent eachother from using the curses since my idea is that skill color A prevents B to be casted.

This would be grossly unbalanced in PvP
Respect your passive skills and they shall respect you in turn.
Mostly due to curse-stacking, yes. Simply getting three curses out (which takes, what, a second?) is enough to entirely mitigate any opposition. Too bad, because they are interesting concepts if you ask me.
What if you make them affect the caster too?
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Hi,

so, I guess this is the best place to post a small suggestion I had for a few days...

I had a huge fight with lots of kills, I used all my potions and mana and live was quite low...

And there were all those corpse everywhere, a real bone carpet.

Anyway, I thought: pity there is nothing like corpse-combustion. A skill with "burns" a corpse for Live and / or Mana.

Does this suggestion fit with the game? Or is it unthinkable? Is this actually the right place to post this idea?

Raoul
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Mostly due to curse-stacking, yes. Simply getting three curses out (which takes, what, a second?) is enough to entirely mitigate any opposition. Too bad, because they are interesting concepts if you ask me.

My witch casts 4 curses within 2 secs if i cast temporal chains first its imposible to do anything to dodge the others if i cast TC and enfeeble on u its pretty much imposble for u to kill me and its fairly easy for me to kite u till u die (imagine if i cast u Elemental and projectile weakness) if thats not op well tell me what is.

in a game like this things will always be op as long as u can go the same way pve as pvp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info