General Gem Discussion

Don't you guys think that those player skill auras are way too big and "rainbow" shiny. When 6 people meet up in game and throw in their auras along with mobs it all looks like neon party or something ^^

It covers whole character in colorful magic :/ Those effect are too large -_-
Last edited by deMoxE on Mar 19, 2012, 9:01:48 PM
"
deMoxE wrote:
Don't you guys think that those player skill auras are way too big and "rainbow" shiny. When 6 people meet up in game and throw in their auras along with mobs it all looks like neon party or something ^^

It covers whole character in colorful magic :/ Those effect are too large -_-

Can't disagree, they look WAY too much colourful especially when there are more than one aura in a party, better yet to desaturate them more imho. After a while they become so eyesoring.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
I would really like it in the future if the developers posted the changes to any skills/supports in the skill suggestion thread every time the skill is changed.

Right now you guys post "feedback from here onwards is for 0.97" which is great for your own use, but it doesn't help the players discuss the changes as easily, since they don't have convenient access to the changes.

I'm aware this is probably extra developer work, and obviously isn't necessary, but I think it would be helpful.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Is there going to be a way to 'disable' the Auras without having to go to town? with the mana being set aside if you switch them to something different you loose both amounts of mana
There's no thread for the Portal skill, so I'm posting my feedback here.

The cast time is shown as 1 second, but it's actully WAY longer than that.

I gather the point is to delay it enough that you can't cast it in emergencies for a quick escape, but I think the listed cast time ought to be correct.
"
garnmcgaughn wrote:
Is there going to be a way to 'disable' the Auras without having to go to town? with the mana being set aside if you switch them to something different you loose both amounts of mana
You can either right-click the buff icon in the upper right, or cast the aura again - either will turn the aura off.
Currently there's a problem where because turning off an aura takes no time, if you click/press the key to cast the aura again to turn it off, it will turn off, then notice the key is still down and cast it again, so you have to be fast - this is on the list to fix.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Currently there's a problem where because turning off an aura takes no time, if you click/press the key to cast the aura again to turn it off, it will turn off, then notice the key is still down and cast it again, so you have to be fast - this is on the list to fix.

Ah, that's good to hear. I thought it was just me and my clumsy fingers :)
Have added
Unavailable
to the list!
Balance & Design
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Any chance of extending the skeleton timer to 30 secs or more? It felt a bit like a chore when it crept up to 3-4 casts ever 20 secs to keep the Max skeletons up. 10-15% of my time. I did notice the increase in qty per cast going up as the gem leveled tho.
Even before i played in the weekend test, watching videos on youtube of pathofexile i noticed that all or most curses have the same animation, with a different symbol/color in the center of the floating "Bubble" that is placed on your enemies.

I think that doing this has taken away distinction and individual speciality of all the skills that look this way. As players we look forward to new skills/abilities and point out what makes those skills special from others.

In short no Cookie Cutter looking skills ! Im just talking about the aesthetics, not the actual functionality of the skill itself.

just a personal opinion.
Death By SnuuSnuu. "Why does my pelvic bone hurt?"
Last edited by snuusnuu on Apr 3, 2012, 10:56:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info