General Gem Discussion

"
Yogoff wrote:
If anyone from GGG ever reads this:

Please for the love of god remove the ORB gem Tag from Tornado of Elemental Turbulence. Its a Prismatic (or Tri Elemental Skill) that CANNOT BENEFIT FROM TRINITY! This removes the only upside of being a Prismatic Skill from the gem.

Seems weird for sure.

Looks like its just there for archmage support. Guess they don't want lingering skills to benefit from archmage support.
I really want Atziri's Rule to be a thing.

As is, it's just too clunky with no real way to work around the clunkiness.

Sure, the damage is good, but it's a 1 second cast time..

Then each spell has a 2 second trigger time. This isn't so bad because you can build less duration.

But increasing cast speed and reducing duration still doesn't increase the DPS, because each triggered spell has an internal CD of 1.5 sec. CDR is hard to get. Maybe sabo, but then you're sabo.

So you have to stand still for 1 second to cast a spell that wont deal damage for 2 more seconds, and you can only cast that spell once every 1.5 seconds.

You cannot trigger it or automate the casting in any way. The constant standing still doesn't work extremely well for fast paced game of today. So the application of damage becomes janky.

It'd be really neat if you could somehow use spell totems or mines with this ability. Give some mechanism to work around the jank. At least decrease the internal cooldown, or increase the cast speed, or something.
Last edited by PlsGoDieThx on Mar 27, 2024, 8:49:39 PM
Summon holy relic.
why does it not have a physical tag?
How tf is there still not an Infernal Blow alternate skill effect.

How tf does hook throw and nonsense get one before this ability thats been out since like before Tempest League get one?

Wildly annoying.
I would like for Minion Skills to display their damage numbers on the skill gem it self.

I would also like for Raise Zombie of Slamming to receive a buff to its health pool.

I think Shield Charge needs to STOP getting stuck on objects.

I think the aoe from Purity Auras should be brought back, so Minions don't fall over so easily.

I would like for Animate Guardian to have a UI that allows you to see what it is wearing.
Would it be possible to get unarmed versions of decent melee skills as transfigured gems? It seems a bit unlikely that heavy strike has no unarmed version but frenzy and ground slam do... Also boneshatter seems like a very unarmed thing to do. These skills would have to lose damage, but would still be fun to play with as unarmed
Last edited by rndmahole on Apr 22, 2024, 8:09:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info