General Gem Discussion

Banner skills would be a lot more user friendly if skill icon showed the number of stages over it (like skills with charges show them over their icons).

As-is, dropping and picking up a banner in the middle of combat can cause the stage counter to stagger across the buff bar, or worse get hidden behind the enemy lifebar.
"
Rorric wrote:
Frost blink, flame dash, and dash should all "blink" the same distance. For flamedash to have a longer ranger than the other two blink skills makes them much less attractive for no reason.

I agree with this. It be nice too have a dash with the right gem color and also not effect my OCD with my build (Using lightning attacks but using flame dash)
I love the game and I have played it for years but theres one class of skills that still arnt in the game:

Druid Skills.

D2 is right up there with this gane as favorite Looter/RPGs (PoE has more content for sure but nostalgia is crazy, lol) and Druids were my favorite class.

I would love for GGG to add some Shape Shifting Abilities (Wolf, Bear, Tree, etc..), Animal Summons (Wolves, crows, vines, bears, etc..) and Druid Elemental Attacks (Like Hurricane and Volcano from D2).

I'm sure from a design perspective the Shapeshifting be a nightmare for developmen (From new animations, new models, etc) but the summons should be easier too do by just adding to the already established minion/zombie/skelly nodes.

How many others here feel like it be awesome to have in the game?
Viper Strike sound should be rework. It's way TO LOUD, comparing other fx sounds, and it's not sound like a "viper strike", but much like a... I don't know what, but not like a viper strike for sure. Should be more silent and sneaky sound :)

Regards

I was just wondering if it is possible to get like a skill like Diablo strafe

It will be like the ranged version of cyclone, maybe make it work with wands?

I think it would be cool moving around firing rapid high speed projectiles.
@ GGG / Forum Staff

1. Does it make sense to add Aspect skills to the Skill Gem Feedback Forum? Aspect of the Crab is neither to be found under "A" for Aspect nor "C" for Crab.

2. If GGG opens a thread for each Aspect, could GGG provide the keywords/tags each Aspect skills have? Just in case if one wants to min-max an Aspect skill, like one can do with Heralds:

* eg Herald Of Ash + Elemental Focus + Burning Damage + Enhance lvl4 + +# to level of socketed gems.

* The chest[1] that Grants Aspect of the Crab, I assume is supported by the socketed gems in the chest. But not knowing the keywords/tags ...

[1] https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Craiceann%27s_Carapace

PS: Could help push the usage of Aspect skills, POE.ninja says 16% of all listed builds (97-100) use at least one aspect skill.

Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Aug 11, 2019, 12:26:21 PM
Flameblast should do damage while channeling as well or have a certain interaction of damage like divine ire
Inspiration support debuff sound is annoying...

I've been messing around with this support on a skill that uses a lot of mana. At full charges it is one of the better damage supports and I have a high attack time so I don't spend long at zero charges...

But the debuff sound for losing the charges ever 10 seconds is real annoying.

Hello. There seems to be no Ancestral Call skill gem feedback page.

I have a suggestion for Ancestral Call in regards to Dominating Blow specifically.

Right now, Ancestral Calls interaction with Dominating Blow is both extremely necessary for the skill (hitting extra foes, gives more melee splash options, some distance attacks, ect) but also does NOTHING for the minions Dom Blow creates. I suggest that some sort of benefit be added to Ancestral Call to help with this.

Maybe something like:
Ancestral Call: Minions supported by this skill gem deal X increase/more damage when the player hits a foe with the supported melee skill.

Something like this would go a long was to make Ancestral Call not feel totally useless (but also 100% necessary) for Dom Blow.

Also, I think Dom Blow, and the Herald of Agony Crawler too, would be the only skills that directly benefits from this kind of buff to Ancestral Call, so it shouldn't create too much problems.

Also, PLEASE restore the old sound effect of Dominating a monster, I miss my eargasming 'BWAAA' when I crushed a pack into my new legion of light!
Plaguebearer should be able to be supported by invisible buff effect so it doesnt add a weird green glow to your character all the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info