[3.6] [ELE] THE SPHERE OF SPEARS - Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear [1H] [Uber Atziri/Uber Elder down]

I am liking the TS+Barrage caster equivalent here. I think for HC you would have to go MoM AND Phase. Basically like a eleBV tree before it specs out of MoM. I am trying to figure out as I level the best way to do this without wasting points.

I don't think there would be enough points to go up to deep thoughts. I wonder if QoL wise it's worth grabbing the second duration node right of the marauder HP cluster as well. I feel now with just 1 node it's like worse than BV with channeling.

I see some people using Orb and BV in the same build, reasons behind this?
Last edited by poeGT on Dec 19, 2018, 9:13:02 AM
hi mate,im following this guide and i love it but im a little noob and i can t understand whic lvl i should leave phase run, warlords mark CWDT fortify and immortal call. If u can help me do it hehe
I also would like to know if there are some other raccomended unique item.
Last edited by sokode on Dec 19, 2018, 11:13:37 AM
Hey, I'm also following this guide and also like to know for which items i should aim in the end :). Even so it's my first league in PoE I have a lot of fun with this build.
Killed Red Elder and Shaper. Waiting to kill the rest of the objectives. Notable upgrades are Warlord's Mark ring, which helped tremendously in sustaining. Also I bought a +1 to ice spear enchant as well as now dual wand to increase dmg output.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/7ayDqRV8
Last edited by MrMinh on Dec 20, 2018, 7:03:43 AM
"
poeGT wrote:
I am liking the TS+Barrage caster equivalent here. I think for HC you would have to go MoM AND Phase. Basically like a eleBV tree before it specs out of MoM. I am trying to figure out as I level the best way to do this without wasting points.

I don't think there would be enough points to go up to deep thoughts. I wonder if QoL wise it's worth grabbing the second duration node right of the marauder HP cluster as well. I feel now with just 1 node it's like worse than BV with channeling.

I see some people using Orb and BV in the same build, reasons behind this?

i don't think that the second duration cluster is needed, but it would be a QoL increase for sure.
for orb + bv, they are probably not doing a cwc setup, but using pure wo for clearing, so they need bv for the single target.
i think that this is what zizaran, for example, is doing.

"
sokode wrote:
hi mate,im following this guide and i love it but im a little noob and i can t understand whic lvl i should leave phase run, warlords mark CWDT fortify and immortal call. If u can help me do it hehe
I also would like to know if there are some other raccomended unique item.

hey man, i'm very happy that you are enjoying the build :)
i totally forgot to indicate the levels. i've added them in the "Gem Links" section now.
see the answer below for the uniques.

"
Hey, I'm also following this guide and also like to know for which items i should aim in the end :). Even so it's my first league in PoE I have a lot of fun with this build.

it's very nice to hear that it's your first time around and that you are having fun with the build :D
i'm rewriting the gear section right now, but for a quick reference here are the "no brainer" uniques/items that you can implement in the build (ordered by ascending price):
  • Rumi's Concoction ~1 Chaos
  • Mark of Submission (if you don't have have yet an Elder ring with Warlord's Mark on hit) ~3 Chaos
  • Cerberus Limb ~5 Chaos
  • Tabula Rasa (if you are in sc and don't have a 6l) ~10 Chaos
  • Light of Lunaris ~15 Chaos
  • Tabula Rasa +2 level of Proj Gems (if you really want the dps) ~20 Chaos
  • Elder ring with Warlord's Mark on hit ~60 Chaos
  • Mark of the Shaper (when you get your Elder ring) ~75 Chaos
  • Dying Sun ~2 Exalted
  • The Pandemonius ~4.5 Exalted

the prices refer to Betrayal SC
hello!
it seems annoying casting all time winter orb otherwise great guide! i like it although you should try to keep working on more effect duration.
Last edited by ZooeyFest on Dec 20, 2018, 8:10:49 PM
"
hello!
it seems annoying casting all time winter orb otherwise great guide! i like it although you should try to keep working on more effect duration.

it can be annoying while leveling (even if i didn't found it like that), but in endgame the clearing is very smooth.
i basically i cast winter orb once every two packs, so for me it works nicely.

btw, i've finally added the "Equipment" section and i fixed the formatting of the guide.
it now should be nicer to read.
am new to the game and one thing i dont understand is why vaal righteous fire?
or rather why righteous fire at all
Last edited by thegrimsight on Dec 22, 2018, 9:57:01 AM
So you went with crit based build?
Did you try out noncrit? Seems noncrit would be better, no?
Mathils actual cat
"
thegrimsight wrote:
am new to the game and one thing i dont understand is why vaal righteous fire?
or rather why righteous fire at all

i'm not using the regular one, just the vaal version.
the reason why i'm using it is because it gives 39% more spell damage while is active, so it's a nice dps boost against bosses or syndacate encounters.

"
HDTanel wrote:
So you went with crit based build?
Did you try out noncrit? Seems noncrit would be better, no?

the second form of ice spear, without any point on the tree/gear/support gem has 49% chance to crit so basically you will reach the crit cap easily.
it also have +49% crit multi.

to me it's seems like a waste to go noncrit with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info