[3.6] [ELE] THE SPHERE OF SPEARS - Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear [1H] [Uber Atziri/Uber Elder down]

added videos of minotaur and phoenix fights

rn i don't have time to answer to the questions.
i'll do it tonight.
Last edited by tufferugli on Dec 25, 2018, 10:14:13 AM
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Would power charge on crit be useful to link to Herald of Ice?

I was also wondering if your phase run in working, mine doesnt seem to trigger. Immortal Call triggers when i take damage, but i dont see phase run. Both say i cannot cast directly. If you're curious to look at my character, it's IceCoreKin in Betrayal.

not much, because it cannot crit unless you manage to have some +# base crit, which basically means being an assassin or support hoi with increased critical strikes.

the problem with phase run is that as soon as you do an action the phase run buff cancel itself.
so what's happening is probably that it activates, but immediately cancel because you are channelling/shield charging away.

in the end i dropped it from the cwdt setup (which is now a 3L).

tomorrow i'll update the gem links section cause i've made some other changes.

"
Really like the idea of combining GMP with ice spear and winter orb in one 6-link.

Also: you can buff your dmg by this setup:
Vortex-Bonechill-Hypotermia-Ice bite-Increased duration

Using it by myself right now (Have 2-h staff, so i can use 2 6-links. But Increased duration is not mandatory, i guess).

The bad thing here: we need to jump a lot to put Vortexes where we need and let ice spear to fully charge at the same time.

Alzo mention: we dont need Warlords mark if we use Berek's grip. It is cheap this league, ignores hexproof and leeches more from bosses (WM leech 0.8% from regular boss or 0.4% from guardians and Shaper). The bad thing: Minotaur cant be shocked.

i don't have space to fit a bonechill setup right now.
i've tried to attach arctic armor to it, but i can't tell if it is doing something or not.

berek's grip can be nice for clearing, but i still prefer warlord's mark.
1) it provides end charge generation (phys damage reduction, longer immortal call)
2) we don't freeze endgame bosses, so we can't leech life with berek
Last edited by tufferugli on Dec 26, 2018, 1:09:39 PM
finally did Shaper!
First Shaper kill

this was my first try with this build and my first try ever as a self cast build.
things went pretty smooth.

i've dropped discipline in order to use purity of ice and i used a watcher's eye with the mod "#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage while affected by Purity of Ice"

gear

the gems levels are bit wonky cause i've qualited all my lvl20 gems after the fight

Congrats on shaper, and thanks for your responses :)
Is there a way to make this build work well while making it more tanky? For hardcore
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Congrats on shaper, and thanks for your responses :)

you're welcome and thanks :)

"
Endeffekt wrote:
Is there a way to make this build work well while making it more tanky? For hardcore

the only things that comes to mind are acro/phase acro and a second curse (enfeeble or temp chains).

the problem for acro/phase acro is that the passive tree needs to be heavily modified to be reached.

for the second curse the new unveiled mod on chest could be nice and "easier" to get.

besides that the defenses of the build are pretty good (for a spellcaster).
i got 6k life and 1k es, purity of ice (which also grant phys mitigation thanks to the mod on watcher's eye), end charges, arctic armour and the ability to chill/freeze.
Last edited by tufferugli on Dec 26, 2018, 1:11:39 PM
Had some gloves drop with the suffix "increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies". Was at 36%. I wonder if this would be beneficial or not for us? PoB doesnt seem to have this, it's an incursion suffix.
Would this build be viable as an assassin and if so, do I need to make any changes to the tree/items? Thank you :)

"
Had some gloves drop with the suffix "increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies". Was at 36%. I wonder if this would be beneficial or not for us? PoB doesnt seem to have this, it's an incursion suffix.

It is just a chunk of inc. dmg.. Nice to have these 36%, but it will not hurt you, if you will not. But if you have very small inc. bonuses on a tree and other equip, 36% will give you a lot.
"
Would this build be viable as an assassin and if so, do I need to make any changes to the tree/items?

I thought about that. It is decent variant, but the problem is: you have too big crit chance. I mean: you always want to use diamond flask. And if you use Controlled destruction and amulet, that gives +240% crit multi, but 40% less crit chance, you will still have around 90-99% crit rate.

So, if you play as assa, you want to improve crit multi a lot. And it is very expensive to get good jewels forthat task.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Hey mate, great build I've used a lot of your thoughts and tweaked it on my Inquisitor!

Just wondering if you've throught about running glacial cascade instead of ice spear? Apart from the downside from not maximising the benefits of all the projectile bonuses we have...it does seem to have a higher clear speed (from what I can tell at least) keen to hear your thoughts!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info