Dear GGG, don't nerf syndicate.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:

My point beeing that they in fact DO NOT have to cater to hardcore players and according to that statement they are not.

the dude literally says its just his opinion you can probably get a member of the GGG staff to say anything about balance I don't think it indicates their balancing direction, they do balance around HC its pretty much a given.

The part that is missing from most players mentality is adaptability, delve actually required completely different builds to most prior content and betrayal is no different, infact everyone had to do something to deal with plantpots in incursion too, abyss was entirely phys had to cater for that shit....

Basically the fun and challenge of HC is getting the right tool for the job now I plebbed out for this league so I could play with a couple of friends that are new to the game but I've already refined my guy down to a stage he doesn't die at.

If I was playing HC for this league i'd already have setup a few rules, no sponge characters, spell dodge/block/phys reduction on everything character (one of them not all 3) no -60% chaos res, remove the biggest assholes from the syndicate until appropriately geared for them, in my experience that would be Janus, Tora and It that does chaos damage.

After that you should be fine within the usual strictures of HC with the added benefit of with the bar being slightly higher red mapping should be a piece of cake.
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
When you have a game with perma death leagues you have to balance around them.

I get that softcore players are having fun, or at least some are enjoying the challenge.

But as a hardcore player all it takes is 1 bs instagib and your character is down the tubes.

Syndicate is the first league in a very long time where you didnt have to actually interact with something to begin the encounter. The interventions are really awful in this regard.

Jonathan Rodgers(co-founder GGG):

"I personally don't care about hardcore players. They just have to deal."

Source: Baeclast #32

My point beeing that they in fact DO NOT have to cater to hardcore players and according to that statement they are not.

Playing hardcore is a choice each person makes. If you can't handle it don't do it.

You are also missinformed or don't know the meaning of "permadeath". In POE it does not exist. You character can still be played.

Playing in standard is basically worse than permadeath lmao, and one person from GGG making an offhand comment isn't the word of god man. A good portion of the popular streamers, and best players in this game are HC and represent a good chunk of the games base.

And that comment was made before anything like this league has come out, I haven't had a single problem in HC besides the 1st week of invasion (was nerfed very fast).

People without any HC characters basically shilling against that part of the community is a big problem on these forums. Your post basically reads "F*ck you Hardcuck haha!
"
"
dyneol wrote:
I'm too afraid to allow myself a proper challenge in the form of HC, so therefore I demand ludicrously "difficult" content to die against over and over without consequences ...

Last time I played HC, I died because of a dc. My time is far too precious to be wasted on progress that can be wiped clean just because server decides to take a dump on me.

Until I have a 100% guarantee that my progress will only be halted by my own mistakes, I won't waste a single second more on HC. And because this would require an offline mode, I doubt I'm ever going to play HC again.

You not playing HC is not the point. Look up "red herring".
I love these guys honestly, the mechanics and storyline both, but this is worse than Invasion in terms of fairness. Their trash mobs should not be sturdy as magic mobs, rares as uniques and uniques even more powerful than bosses. There's way too much effects bloat, way too high a spawn rate, way too much beef and power behind every aspect of this expansion. It's good, and fun, but needs to be toned down significantly all the same. Giant green screenblocking clouds are hiding swarms of mobs, multiple aura rares with the HP bars resembling uniques are respawning faster than people can kill them,

and then there's Janus, with a series of character-deleting moves that seem easy enough to dodge at first until you realize that the vast majority of times the moment that he begins channeling the blade trail it's a dice roll whether it's on top of you or not from the start.
I think the key is in the distinct difference between a Stronghold assault and a Fort assault in a map.

To my experience, I have yet to die in a Stronghold, even with high level masters. Mind you I am still only in yellow maps, so take that for what it is worth.

But then go assault a fort in a white map and the cluster that is the process of taking down a door, I have a very good chance of dying at any point. Sometimes to a master, but even that is because it is layered with the mosh pit of mobs and beams and debuffs and rare boost auras.

There is a clear issue and it needs to be addressed. Some people faceroll it, sure, but some people faceroll everything with their high dps multi-exalt, I traded and flipped to make this build stronk builds.
No nerf needed. In fact, balancing them upwards so that each of the syndicate members has a clearly avoidable (if your paying attention) one-shot dynamic would be ideal in my mind. I'm already noticing how my strategy has shifted for different combinations. Further, especially on forts, I'm usually popping them, seeing the member combination, and then trying to isolate one solo to kill followed by rapidly attacking/killing the other set. It depends on a few things and this dynamic is challenging.

If I am pushing a level (doing 90 tonight), then I'll avoid red maps, focus on yellow maps, and if the affixes are a gamble, then its my choice to skip a fort. Intervention and research are easy. Can always derank all the members as a last resort.

Over the past week, the system has clearly grown on me. I like it.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
I think the key is in the distinct difference between a Stronghold assault and a Fort assault in a map.

To my experience, I have yet to die in a Stronghold, even with high level masters. Mind you I am still only in yellow maps, so take that for what it is worth.

But then go assault a fort in a white map and the cluster that is the process of taking down a door, I have a very good chance of dying at any point. Sometimes to a master, but even that is because it is layered with the mosh pit of mobs and beams and debuffs and rare boost auras.

There is a clear issue and it needs to be addressed. Some people faceroll it, sure, but some people faceroll everything with their high dps multi-exalt, I traded and flipped to make this build stronk builds.

For my build, I typically have to dive in, drop a totem, kill door to 20-30% before the adds dumpster fire starts eroding my health pool. I pull them off the door and kill at a distance and then dive back in. Don't be stationary due to the cannons and be patient. I find that sometimes I can catch a member on the entrance and AOE dmg from around the corner.

In general, I've found that you just have to play around with your approach.

Then again, I tried to faceroll a couple forts with decent map affixes last night at T14/T15 level and was insta-spanked. It had me laughing hard. I love that those are going to be a hard gear/build check at the high red map end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info