Dear GGG, don't nerf syndicate.

"
kuciol wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

vastly superior?

I dont even know what that is supposed to mean.

It means what it says. Players have mostly problem with those 2. You dont? It just means you have found a way to deal with them without even knowing. Dont even start that stupid bullshit how you know everything after 2 days. Nobody does. 3k hp was enough for act 10 last league? Cool. Now it isnt, deal with it. If you have so big problem with Tora then kick her out of syndicate. You can do this within 10 minutes. A pro like you should have figured it out already.

They are hard to deal with but the reward justify the difficulty. The only problem i have is the visual clusterfuck. It makes it hard to see those big hits. YES THEY TELEGRAPH BIG HITS!

know everything? I know enough to know that if something gibbing you with a physical attack theres a whole host of defence methods u can employ to mitigate that damage in a range of ways. I can name all of them, tell you how they work, how much of them u could realistically expect to stack on a given character at a given level. I didnt say I knew everything, I said I know when Im fighting mobs and I can tell what theyre hitting me I know if its realistic to expect someone to be able to defend against it.

Tora is overtuned while levelling. I dont need to kick her out of the syndicate because I dont have a problem with her. I dont care, it doesnt bother me, but I recognise that looking at the bigger picture of the game and its balance that shes overtuned during levelling. Thats a fact, you can take it to the bank, so deal with that. Its not about me, its not about what Im struggling with, its about looking at an overview of the game from an informed perspective of defences. Youre off on some trip of thinking Im complaining about tora because I have a problem with tora, Im not that guy, your entire presumption of who you are talking to and why hes saying what hes saying is incorrect.

Like boss says above, the game must be tuned around hardcore. Im not playing hardcore, doesnt effect me at all if I get instagibbed, couldnt give a fuck atm. But it matters to the overall game how fair that is, what is doing the gibbing, what mitigation could have been employed, all manner of factors. If I really wanted to I could design a build that would take me from lvl1 to lvl95 deathless, no problem, but not everyone has 10k hours poe experience and just because those builds exist doesnt mean that everything in the game is fine in terms of balance.
I like it alot, although I've died more to it than any previous league. I like the idea of being able to manage out characters or gears that are a bad match for your character, and buff up the ones you wanna aim for.

Things I would adjust are prob the caravans that start moving before you can even see them on the mini-map or right next to their exit, and the tower things on the forts spam (not a big deal but I feel like I am getting carpal tunnel from constantly having to dodge like a boss fight every zone, esp in the safehouse zones for them).

Some of the more rippy ones for me are ones that it is hard to see their big strikes... if I don't see Tora right away for instance she will prob take me out with her charge up strike but if I'm aware shes in the fight she goes down pretty fast since her normal attack routine is weak and the big one winds up so long. All the shitty smoke clouds hiding dangerous ground effects is 2nd place.
I'm so happy to see this thread just because it makes me feel better dying several times throwing myself at a Fort.

Second, it seems like the Syndicate members themselves are okay but the sheer amount of mobs constantly being thrown at you makes it difficult to keep track of anything (especially if your Dynamic Resolution pixelates everything). That and occasionally one with a super aura spawns in the midst of a fight and next thing I know 2 Syndicates are smacking me with a substantial damage buff.
My two cents; I love the harder difficulty, usually. However with these encounters I feel most of it is due to NOT KNOWING WHAT'S HAPPENING. You've got lasorz, a constant stream of dead reviving enemies, a giant green cloud and a bunch of freakin 1 slap attacks.

I get that those 1 shot attacks *might* be telegraphed, but who the hell knows when you can't SEE anything.

If I voted to nerf anything, it would be how hard it is to see the screen.
Keep it hard and challenging. I'm on white tier maps and already steam-rolling thru the syndicates. I do die sometimes but that's due to my own mistake. Keep them as they are, dont nerf.
Yeah I kinda agree at least when it comes to number of goons and the clouds. Throw in 1-2 syndicate throwing out their own particle attacks(Like the ice dude and Mr Bear), and it just becomes a headache.

I perfer when they jump me as I can at least see what's going on most the time. I dunno how hard they are because I either steamroll them or get blow up. But the problem is I can't see and process HOW I'm winning or losing with everything on screen.

And the Syndicate labs are the absolute worst, crowded with cannon fodder, elites, 1-2 members and a possible flood of released test subjects in the rats and worms.

Nerfs I'd like to see myself;
- Slow the rush of goons when a fight is triggered.
- Remove the clouds
- Lessen the number of goons spawned in or at least base it off what rank the member HAS at the time.
- Kinda related to the numbers, make the Syndicate banners weaker with their effect, their HP, or lessen how many goons have them. Those things are really annoying to deal with when there's 2-3 planted next to each other.

The Syndicate members themselves are fine, I can fight them to an okay level. But this has got to be some of the most screen bloating I've seen in the game thus far.
Amen brother
I'm too afraid to allow myself a proper challenge in the form of HC, so therefore I demand ludicrously "difficult" content to die against over and over without consequences ...
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
When you have a game with perma death leagues you have to balance around them.

I get that softcore players are having fun, or at least some are enjoying the challenge.

But as a hardcore player all it takes is 1 bs instagib and your character is down the tubes.

Syndicate is the first league in a very long time where you didnt have to actually interact with something to begin the encounter. The interventions are really awful in this regard.

Jonathan Rodgers(co-founder GGG):

"I personally don't care about hardcore players. They just have to deal."

Source: Baeclast #32

My point beeing that they in fact DO NOT have to cater to hardcore players and according to that statement they are not.

Playing hardcore is a choice each person makes. If you can't handle it don't do it.

You are also missinformed or don't know the meaning of "permadeath". In POE it does not exist. You character can still be played.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
dyneol wrote:
I'm too afraid to allow myself a proper challenge in the form of HC, so therefore I demand ludicrously "difficult" content to die against over and over without consequences ...

Last time I played HC, I died because of a dc. My time is far too precious to be wasted on progress that can be wiped clean just because server decides to take a dump on me.

Until I have a 100% guarantee that my progress will only be halted by my own mistakes, I won't waste a single second more on HC. And because this would require an offline mode, I doubt I'm ever going to play HC again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info