Dear GGG, don't nerf syndicate.

Didn't bother with them while leveling because they took too long for me. But that's fine.

Now after I started mapping they feel fine for me. Having fun figuring out what to do with each one of them on the board.
no Im happy enough just going along as I am, Im not making a massive thread demanding changes because I cant get over something.

Whats going on here, I have been playing this game for 5 years, I have put 10k+ hours into playing it, I know the game like the back of my hand, I know what kind of items you find levelling, I know what kind of offensive and defensive power the vast majority of build achetypes can be expected to have at varying stages, and Im saying in my extensively informed opinion as a vet of the game who is smart enough to be able to take a step back and have a big picture view of whats going on shes overtuned during the levelling process. No one else, just tora specifically.
Janus and It That Fled are vastly superior to her. But you should know that since you are VET right?
The problem is you´re encountering some rogue exiles who are harder than some act bosses.

If I were new player I would just quit or don´t bother with them but what´s the point of the league then?

I am a casual player, so I full support NOT nerfing them. For the first time in a long time, I have decided a couple times to say screw it and skip an encounter. I actually have to think and run away a little bit here and there to avoid death. I LIKE THAT!!
"
kuciol wrote:
Janus and It That Fled are vastly superior to her. But you should know that since you are VET right?

vastly superior?

I dont even know what that is supposed to mean.

I know what Im fighting, I know how better gear for the character I am playing would effect the encounter, I know the likelihood of finding that gear, I know the level of gear I am wearing and if its below or above par for that moment in the game. I know when an encounter is hitting me hard with physical attacks, physical spells, elemental spells, degens, chaos dots, direct chaos etc and how different classes with the gear u could expect them to have would roughly deal with it, how the gear you should expect them to have would deal with it, what measures different types of builds could take to mitigate that particular damage and how realistic it would be to expect them to be able to employ it.

Many of these synd characters have done a ton of damage to me, many of them have been extremely hard. I am singling out tora in particular as being overtuned and no one else given the way she performs her abilities, the type of damage they inflict and the amount of damage they inflict.

Ive fought janus a number of times, hes never stuck out as a balance problem to me. I couldnt tell u if hes killed me or not, but if he has Ive obviously felt that the type of damage he was doing could have been managed if I had geared, skilled or played differently so its not been something Ive noted.
I've fought Janus a few times with no problems until he was promoted and given an item that gives him added shock damage to physical damage with always shock.

This means his physical based spells would always shock with more oomf and quickly one-shotted me off screen with his AoE's. Recorded footage of it. Inavoidable, AoE attacks with no windups or warnings in the giant mess of the fights we have now.

I imagine the experiences everyone have in the syndicate members can go like that in a way. Just one unlucky coin flip, and an alright fight can quickly turn south.
the biggest difficulty is the worst thing in HC for the last like 4 leagues, effects bloat. They have loads of telegraphs but you literally can't see anything on most of the encounters/tilesets It took until I was doing a shaped channel for Zana for me to see that gravicius's fire rain has a fucking ground target lol.

Having alot of fun with it but certainly it'd be easier if i could ever see what they were doing.
No nerf needed IMO. I'd like to see more Sulphite though. I miss delving the mines.
"
it is ok to have hard content... in the endgame.

however if syndicates appear in level-30ish-areas, they should also be doable at such levels. currently some syndicate encounters feel harder than the original red beasts, the ones that just didn't die.
also, some syndicate encounters are obviously broken. how am I supposed to stop a caravan when the guy I need to kill just teleports away, with other guys around him so I can't just run after him but need to take care of those other guys, having very tight time limits (sometimes as low as a few seconds until the caravan disappears)?

you will play abit abit and understand that you can manipulate who show up in each syndicate

for example you encounter fort and you choose to pin haku tora and eleron under it, than dont come to forums with REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OMG ITS TOO HARD

just set it up for your favour

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info