Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Hey GrunkleBob,

Here's the video of me messing around with the 3.6 idea of this build. Not sure if it helps, but there it is.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I trying this build now since my scion ripped.

I'm currently only using Vaal Rf and BV and not Rf. For better clearspeed i'm using the explode mace.

I can't sustain Rf with a Rise of phoenix, Got any tips on changing of gear to be able to sustain rf?
Last edited by zj0ckez on Feb 12, 2019, 7:08:21 AM
"
zj0ckez wrote:

I'm currently only using Vaal Rf and BV and not Rf. For better clearspeed i'm using the explode mace.

This is exactly what I did, it works great!
I use Vaal RF for bosses too, melts the syndicate with scorching ray totem, incinerate, BV, RF and Vaal RF!! I have some +2 to Vaal gems gloves that I just cant give up... yet.

WoD, Thanks for the help and the video! I switched to incinerate and love the BV ramp up! Talked to Izaro last night, he agreed I should be Uber!

So now I will work on life.
I am having a terrible time with bosses that resist elemental in T6 maps.
I know I deal only fire damage, but they just melt me and sometimes I don't even see their energy shield go down. I'm just not understanding it.
These are alch and go, no special mods, NO boss mods and they just laugh at me. Weird because with Vaal RF, BV, RF incinerate, CP and SR I am doing about 500kDPS. Even resisted they should melt. Oh well, snow day today so I will sit on trade and get better eyes and life... This is my highest life character ever and I am really going to push for 7k. I never use the warcry either so maybe I'll get something else in there. CP is JUST what I needed, a much faster movement skill!

I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Awwwww come on!!
Rarity: Unique
Hrimnor's Resolve
Samite Helmet
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Armour: 607 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Str: 114
Int: 151
--------
Sockets: B-R-R-B
--------
Item Level: 78
--------
34% increased Fire Damage
100% increased Armour
+55 to maximum Life
+30% to Cold Resistance
Cannot be Chilled or Frozen if you have used a Fire Skill Recently
--------
Hrimnor's presence was as cold as ice,
but his heart burned for vengeance.

This game LOVES me!
Someone teach me how to link an item to the forum please...

"
zj0ckez wrote:

I can't sustain Rf with a Rise of phoenix, Got any tips on changing of gear to be able to sustain rf?
Hey zj0ckez,

Sweet weapon!

To answer your question, I don't think your gear is the easy route around sustaining RF. Phoenix obviously awesome for this build. I see you went a minion route, but if you could also run Purity of Fire it'd increase your max fire resist by another 4%. That's huge. Also, the nodes that you took away from to add minion damage on the tree were mostly all life regen including an Endurance Charge. If you really don't want to change your tree I suggest finding two Kaom's Way rings. They aren't cheap, but if you're choosing the path of using your gear to sustain RF, that's a safe bet.

Oh, the last Ascendancy node that you have yet to get will give you another 3% life regen as well.

Give those a shot and just keep an eye out for gear with % life regen instead of flat amounts. Let me know if that doesn't work out.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
I am having a terrible time with bosses that resist elemental in T6 maps.
I know I deal only fire damage, but they just melt me and sometimes I don't even see their energy shield go down. I'm just not understanding it.
These are alch and go, no special mods, NO boss mods and they just laugh at me. Weird because with Vaal RF, BV, RF incinerate, CP and SR I am doing about 500kDPS. Even resisted they should melt. Oh well, snow day today so I will sit on trade and get better eyes and life... This is my highest life character ever and I am really going to push for 7k. I never use the warcry either so maybe I'll get something else in there. CP is JUST what I needed, a much faster movement skill!
So, there's a glitch in the game that sometimes DoT skills like RF, Vortex, Caustic Arrow...they for some reason don't apply damage to enemies. If you move around a bit and then come back, then the enemies die like normal. I don't really know how to describe it other than that. You're wondering what the &^$@ is going on because some little normal white enemy isn't taking damage and then as soon as I move around a bit and come back, they're susceptible to damage.

Think that's it? Your setup should be easy for T6. The rest of the map dies quick right?

Annnnnd

"
GrunkleBob wrote:
Awwwww come on!!
Rarity: Unique
Hrimnor's Resolve
Samite Helmet
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Armour: 607 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Str: 114
Int: 151
--------
Sockets: B-R-R-B
--------
Item Level: 78
--------
34% increased Fire Damage
100% increased Armour
+55 to maximum Life
+30% to Cold Resistance
Cannot be Chilled or Frozen if you have used a Fire Skill Recently
--------
Hrimnor's presence was as cold as ice,
but his heart burned for vengeance.

This game LOVES me!
Someone teach me how to link an item to the forum please...

1. To post an item on a thread here, you have to have the character linked to the website, so PC only characters.

2. Open the Reply/thread and start typing stuff.

3. In the same browser window as the thread, click on your profile picture, select the character you want, and simply click on the item you want to share. There won't be any pop-up stating that you did anything, but if you close the window, you'll see a whole bunch of gobldy-gook. If you hit Preview, you'll see the magic.

Annnnnd

Ok, I am running T11 fairly easy now.
But I'm parking the syndicate next research lab, they just destroy me.
Funniest thing is safehouses are EEEEAAAAASSSSSSYYYY. Even with 3, 3 stars.
Also I notice groups of white lightning skeletons just destroy me?
My resistances are not the issue, it's like the game is ignoring my lightning res. Skeleton packs of fire and ice have no effect, just lightning based monsters.This build is awesome, and I really love it, but the bugs are driving me away fast.
Funny thing is bosses I struggle with on other characters, just melt with this one, and vice versa.
I think I've reached my peak with this one, might try it again, but very heartbreaking to see something so strong just fall apart.
I mean shit, RF is doing 248kDPS??? only my zombie build is stronger, I just can't believe some (high level) monsters take little to no damage. I am even trying to run away. And with BV up AND Vaaf RF plus SR and incinerate, I gotta be doing 500+kDPS easy, but they just keep one shotting me, or 6k hits and run me outa health potions.
But it's mostly RNG, half of my alch'd maps are Ele reflect and the other half are -res, or reduced recovery, or EE. I'll run all these with my necro, mwaaahaaahaaa! That gives me an idea, I'm going to make a bunch of maps with necro, they will roll all the crap mods she hates and then my chief can run those!
Oh well I had a blast so overall GREAT build, but I'm probably going back to slomoZombies.
Thanks for all the help, like I said, it's probably just me and not the build.
I may push it to 90 just to get all the fire nodes. and I see some mana/life regens I am going to grab.
I even tried syndicate without RF for the sweet life recovery and nope, just melted. Assassins ALWAYS kill me, Fortification always kills me, I even break the door and get inside and kill all the regen nodes, and transportation is probably 50% pass/fail. Research is easy, I don't think I've died there.
:^) nice
Ok, after rereading my last post, it appears I HATE the Syndicate, NOT this build.
So sorry if my rage was taken out of context.
So last night I had 5000 delve dollars saved up and was like "Let's see what this guy can do". This build is a delve champion!
Started at delve 100, saw no damage.
Went right to where my witch left off, 140. EEEAAASSSYYY!
So I think I have found my delver!
After I ran out of Niko money, I was still upset at syndicate so I ran harbor bridge and have now jailed them in research until I choose to deal with them.
YOU ARE AN EXILE KILLER JUN!!!
LOL, I went back to alch'd T10s and hit 88 last night, now all my fire damage nodes are done!
Are we capped on life regen, and how would I check that?
I see three more nodes that add I think 1.2%life regen (right off Templar start) and 45% mana regen so I was thinking about those next. There is also a 5%life/5%mana after those 3 and I think I can get to 92 easy now.
I also removed mana potion because I NEVER use it.
I ALSO figured out that Consecrated Path is endless, so I can just hold it down and "leap slam" through multi-packs. Then after 5 seconds leap again and sit there while fortified and channel BV up , roast everything with incinerate and repeat! FUN!
I found the love again, the hatred is gone, and WoD you are equal to or GREATER than the man!
Now I am excited because my buddy's necro is 90 and we can play together tomorrow so I can't wait to have his zombies/skeletons take some of the boss work off of me!
I just swapped immoliate for Iron Will in POB and saw a 40kDPS increase in BV, is this right?!?!?! OMG WEEEE if it is!
Also could we leach with this? I know only CP would leech, just curious because I could get to Lust for carnage in 4 levels as well.
Thanks!
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Feb 14, 2019, 10:36:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info