Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
zj0ckez wrote:
This build looks cool, gonna do it as league starter next league
Awesome! I hope you enjoy it! Please feel free to give honest feedback once you've given it a go. (Each league I make a new thread. I'll post the 3.6 link in the 3.5 guide.)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe7AG7mNn1s

OMG, I can't believe that video is still around :)

I am in LOVE here!
Got RF on forever now and am burning it down!
Syndicate always coming 3 at a time and dying 3 at a time!
It's tough, but the survivability is insane!
Got an incursion and my 3rd lab for 100% fire damage next, probably tomorrow.
Gonna find some 35% movement speed boots to get things moving along because I don't even see packs anymore!
Have like 136% resists and -8 chaos, this is nuts, it's like I have room to build EVERYTHING up much higher! Will be very ready for the final Kitava reduction. I actually had 235% fire res before I said "I can probably back that off a bit!"

BV up, CD into packs and goodnight, OR CD into packs and casually BV up and good night! LOL, those fools hurt me so bad the PAYBACK is awesome!!

Thank you so much!
I'm really glad you're enjoying it :). I love it too. It's a nice change of pace to bounce between Slow Mo Zombies and this one.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
micard wrote:
So I'm slowly getting closer to the hardest fights in the game, sitting at lvl 91 with good gear and clearing lvl 15/16 maps. Overall, I still like the build, just sometimes I think it could be a bit safer.

1. Been experimenting with Shield Charge, Charged Dash and Consecrated Path. There is not an ultimate movement skill. CD is too slow for me, SC is great but it tends to get stuck in critical situations (dodge 1-hit boss attacks) just like leap slam does (which i hate). Consecrated path is awesome but u cannot teleport if there are no enemies. Next, I'll try to ditch Enduring cry (hardly ever use it) and swap in flame dash for movement only and keep consecrated path for the sick and safe life regen bonus.
2. Also been trying to swap Iron Will + Added Fire DMG for CwChanneling + Incinerate but not sure if it helps in any way. To get 10 blades up still takes forever and is very unsafe.
3. In general I tend to have mana issues with both, only respec'ing to 'Mana Flows' in the passive tree helped.
4. RF alone is great for clearing maps quickly in combination with consecrated path.
5. in highest tier maps, moving is king, standing still is insta-death in most situations
6. Still afraid to drop the scorching ray totem. In the hardest boss battles i#d miss it too much
7. Getting Xophs Blood (took forever) greatly boosted DPS by getting the covered in ash thing. It's really great and also saves a passive point to put into e.g. 5% life
8. Good jewels (7% life + dmg somehow) is utterly important. Spent most of my currency just rerolling high ilvl jewels to get to 7% life ones with dmg.
9. Increasing life further, beyond my current possible 7k to 7.5k seems very difficult without sacrificing lots of DPS.
10. for delving the build is really great so far ;-)

Overall I can't wait to see how it'll fare against uber atziri, uber elder and syndicate mastermind. I don't feel too confident

EDIT: I checked out the mana issue thing a bit more careful and realized i need to keep incinerate at lvl 14 or below and set clarity lvl to 10, then it's almost fine --> back to CwC and Incinerate now :-) it rocks
I really appreciate the honest feedback. Thank you. I'm glad you're liking it too! I have this character on console so I can't link my gear, but even simple crafts like increasing max mana helps mana regen too. I only have two items that boost mana regen. The rest either has no mana mods or increase to maximum mana. Hopefully once the PS4 version is out they'll let the website somehow connect to their console games.

Anyway, thanks for the great message. I like hearing what changes people make and the types of items they choose to use. I appreciate the effort of the post and the honesty.

Annnnnd

Would this build work with Juggernaut in regards to defense? I would like to be able to survive everything easily using little-to-no resources, even if I kill things slower.

PS: I have been looking at the tree and can't stop thinking how this build would work with a Scion or Duelist... I don't have enough free time on my hands to test them both, but if someone does, please share the results in the name of PoE Science. They may not have acess do full chieftain or Jugg, but Duelist has Slayer and Gladiator, and more importantly, they have pants you know.
Last edited by Dakmathos on Feb 10, 2019, 2:27:41 PM
"
Dakmathos wrote:
Would this build work with Juggernaut in regards to defense? I would like to be able to survive everything easily using little-to-no resources, even if I kill things slower.
Hey Dakmathos,

Ya. This build wild be awesome as a Jugg. The primary reason that I chose Chieftain was how easy the ascendancy made it to run RF without any items early on.

You'll just have to keep in mind a few differences to the guide:
- The Chieftain allows you to be 100% fire damage. The Jug doesn't have any damage conversion. So you will have to remember that you cannot do physical and elemental reflect.
- You'll have less life regen per endurance charge but it'll be easier for you to maintain your injuries charges...you could scrap Enduring Cry.
- You'll have to get Fire Resists on your gear (easy).

There are lots of Pro's and Con's to either Ascendancy. But yes, the Jugg would be awesome.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Feb 10, 2019, 2:36:50 PM
"
"
Dakmathos wrote:
Hey Dakmathos,

Ya. This build wild be awesome as a Jugg. The primary reason that I chose Chieftain was how easy the ascendancy made it to run RF without any items early on.

You'll just have to keep in mind a few differences to the guide:
- The Chieftain allows you to be 100% fire damage. The Jug doesn't have any damage conversion. So you will have to remember that you cannot do physical and elemental reflect.
- You'll have less life regen per endurance charge but it'll be easier for you to maintain your injuries charges...you could scrap Enduring Cry.
- You'll have to get Fire Resists on your gear (easy).

There are lots of Pro's and Con's to either Ascendancy. But yes, the Jugg would be awesome.

Thanks for the Feedback. Will try that someday
Can someone take a look at Romock_Burns and give me some pointers?
He was my strongest character ever but now in T5 maps he has fizzeled out.
I am dying to Syndicate and am about to park them in research because everything else, including bosses is easy.
I am missing something and would like some good feedback.
I feel slow and weak and can't get BV above 3 stacks usually.
I have even been turning off RF to live longer.
T4 has become easy, am I just pushing content too fast?

Thanks!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
Can someone take a look at Romock_Burns and give me some pointers?
He was my strongest character ever but now in T5 maps he has fizzeled out.
I am dying to Syndicate and am about to park them in research because everything else, including bosses is easy.
I am missing something and would like some good feedback.
I feel slow and weak and can't get BV above 3 stacks usually.
I have even been turning off RF to live longer.
T4 has become easy, am I just pushing content too fast?

Thanks!
I took a look at your stuff. It looks quite good! Grouping it all together you have around average gear and it could be improved upon, but I don't see it capping you at T5s. Some gear doesn't have life, or has low life rolls. You're at the level now where you definitely want gear with at least 75+ to max health on all your rare gear (except weapon).

You have decent movement speed on your boots, but I'm sure you've noticed that unlike the Zombie build, the Strength based armour slows characters down. If you were to get the Art of the Gladiator node (you're two nodes away), you'd improve your movement speed by 8%. But builds on the West side of the tree are really dependant on gear for their movement speed. So you'll see TONS of Marauder builds that just spam movement skills to get around maps. Most people don't like Charged Dash, I love it. Use whichever skill you prefer. We don't "need" Charged Dash in this build like the Zombie one, it's just a preference skill. One skill that I hate and love is Consecrated Path. It won't be quick when enemies aren't around, but it make battles quick and gives you Consecrated Ground which gives you 6% life regen mid-combat :).

Also, don't forget that once you have all your end-game-trials, get your fourth ascendancy. The last node you're missing gives a big defensive bonus.

Some builds just aren't for everyone though. I really like this build, but I've had more complaints about this one than any other build I've posted. But if you really like it but think it's just missing "something" you could try the following:

Regarding the 3 stacks, BV is very mana heavy. If you only get 5 stacks of BV up with your current setup, the skill alone will do 120'000 DPS against the Shaper. Cast speed wasn't a focus for this build, so you could always add Clarity (level 18?) so you have the mana regen, but it'd still take you a while to get to 10 stacks. It's for the tank part of the fight.

If you don't feel like Clarity, or as well as..., you could always try: Incinerate(or Scorching Ray)-Cast While Channeling-BV-Combustion-Immolate-Fire Pen as your 6 link. Adding Cast While Channelling will dramatically decrease your mana consumption. The channelling skill you use will determine the bonus damage given to BV. If you choose Scorching Ray (you already have one leveled) BV will do 225'000 DPS but it'll take the same amount of time as it currently does to get to 10 stacks (slow). If you use Incinerate, you'll have 190'000 at 10 stacks with BV, but you'll almost triple your cast speed and be at 10 stacks in no time.

I'm currently playing with The Incinerate option (trying some ideas out for 3.6 before the patch notes are out). I'll make a point to play my BV character tonight or tomorrow night and show how I play it. It'll be recorded on Mixer and Youtube after the broadcast as well.

Anyway, sorry this ended up being long. I hope it helped. But if it didn't, I'm happy to help some more.

Annnnnd

No WoD, it was PERFECT! As always! I have been itching to CwC BV, and want to try CP as well, so I will do some rearranging tonight. The boots are adding 40% damage with the eyes I have, please tell me that's how it works?!?!
So I will find some better eyes.
Yes, I realize I am 84 now so time to do last ascendancy, Izaro's pet wiped me last try at 80 so I have been focusing on damage, which you say and I believe is fine.
Lot's to consider and focus on, don't think I'll play much tonight, going to take some of your advice and put it to work. I think I want scorching ray for cast, because I only remember to cast the totem half way through the boss fight!
A lot of my issues are user based, and git gud definitely applies. I panic and start slamming keys and everything goes to hell. I'll get better...

Thanks!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
No WoD, it was PERFECT! As always! I have been itching to CwC BV, and want to try CP as well, so I will do some rearranging tonight. The boots are adding 40% damage with the eyes I have, please tell me that's how it works?!?!
So I will find some better eyes.
Yes, I realize I am 84 now so time to do last ascendancy, Izaro's pet wiped me last try at 80 so I have been focusing on damage, which you say and I believe is fine.
Lot's to consider and focus on, don't think I'll play much tonight, going to take some of your advice and put it to work. I think I want scorching ray for cast, because I only remember to cast the totem half way through the boss fight!
A lot of my issues are user based, and git gud definitely applies. I panic and start slamming keys and everything goes to hell. I'll get better...

Thanks!
Ha ha. That made me laugh. :)

You are using the boots perfectly. Most people screw at the "type" section of the description. You have one of each type of Abyss jewel. Good job. Not all the jewels are great for you, but no matter what they provide they'll each give you 10% more damage. (I'm sure you know but just so you're aware, this build is really only spell damage. So anything that impacts Attacks or Accuracy isn't helpful.

HOnestly, ignore the totem. I forgot to use it so much that I just dropped it and sold the level 20 gems.

Even though I mentioned that some of your gear could improve, you still have 5500 health. That's plenty for the tier's your on. So just play with your sockets and gems and find something that is totally natural to play with.

You're doing awesome. The getting good comes with having fun. If you're having a great time, you're doing it right :).

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info