Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
GrunkleBob wrote:
Ok, after rereading my last post, it appears I HATE the Syndicate, NOT this build...
Also could we leach with this? I know only CP would leech, just curious because I could get to Lust for carnage in 4 levels as well.
Thanks!
Ha ha. Funny. No problems at all :). Leech only applies to Hits. So only BV (and Incinerate) would hit. Righteous Fire and Scorching Ray do not hit. However, the Hinekora Ascendancy node that we take actually does make ALL our fire damage leech...and that includes Dots like RF and SR. That doesn't mean other leech boosts will work though. 1% is what you get...but it's better than 0 :). Lust for Carnage only works on Attacks, not spells. So it wouldn't really help this build.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Ok, good, I'll not worry about leech, it's never a problem in combat anyways ;)
Did my third temple last night, left a portal at the top just in case, didn't need it! Ran un modded T11s to 60% then hit lv89 in delve 150 easy!
Put firestorm in my CWDT just to see when I get hit, it's a nice cue that things are going wrong. Getting much better with CP and really feeling much more like I can handle these harder fights. Working on spending my time behind bosses and watching where they are looking, using totem as irritant and decoy. SR in totem has actually finished some fights for me! Got RF to 329k now and loving that! Noticed a lot of my gear is lv68 so will be shopping soon. Love the uniques I have so maybe I'll just shop for better versions.
Also I am FINALLY figuring out what a movement skill is, something to take me out of the drama when they have me slowed to 1 step per hour! CP really gets me out of trouble! And leaping pack to pack effortlessly is just amazing!
I haven't looked at the guide in a while, but all the decisions I have made, you already made on your tree so I guess I am starting to think more wisely.
Thanks again! Looking forward to tonight, 3.5 hours to Wraeclast!
Also got my first Tabulas of the league, and my first anulment! Talk about rare.
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Feb 15, 2019, 1:34:34 PM
Very good build and fun. Thank you very much.
"
PurplexPoodl3 wrote:
:^) nice
I concur ;). And thank you.

"
qpasa wrote:
Very good build and fun. Thank you very much.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :).

Both of you feel free to make suggestions whether you're new to PoE or have 20'000 hours into it.

I'm excited to see 3.6's patch notes. GGG is rebalancing tons of skills they said...that's always scary as a guide writer...

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
...Also got my first Tabulas of the league, and my first anulment! Talk about rare.
I'm glad you're liking it! Sweet on the Tabula. Keep one around in Standard (whether you stick with league or not) so you can mess around with ideas at any time.

Annnnnd

Thanks for this build guide Wrecker!! It is very well written, you do a great job of explaining the mechanics, and your passion for the game shines through. If this build makes it through the balance changes for next league then this is what i will be playing since I have been interested in both RF and BV skills but have never used them and this also seems very budget friendly unlike many other builds out there that claim to be but are not.

I am a fairly new player and have a few questions if I may. They all relate to your updated 3.6 gem links.

1. How much health will this build have around level 90? I want to play a tanky build that can live through one shots in deep delve and high maps and if I Understand the RF mechanics correctly more health equals more damage.

2. The best part of this build is the fact it does not require any unique gear. That being said, I have looked at a few other RF builds to get an idea for a few uniques to keep an eye out for that might push the build even further. One that caught my eye is the Doryani's Delusion which grants a level 25 Purity of Fire skill. These shoes seem tailor made for RF builds. I am a big fan of Phase Run and using these boots would allow me to link that and Longer Duration Support to Enduring Cry for faster mapping and boss defensive movement. Would this be a valid strategy?

3. I played a build that used Charged Dash this league and fell in love with it. It used a cast while channeling setup witch I also really liked but will be getting with with Incinerate. Charged Dashing from group to group to proc Fortify seems like such a fun thing to do with this build and since I can get Concentrated Ground from a flask is there another skill I could use besides Additional Accuracy? Dropping Culling Strike and getting another Cast While Channeling Skill seems redundant although fun. Would substituting Blind Support be a good option or is the gem needed since this build is accuracy starved in order to proc Fortify?

4. Lastly, if money was no object what do you think would be the best Chest/Necklace setup for this build? Is it Xoph's Blood and Belly for 50% more Health and 10% Fire Penetration or would something like a Yoke and Inpulsa be better with the Fire can Shock and Shocked Enemies Explode mechanic? Is it something else I have not considered? What would you chose even if it cost 1000 Exalt?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance for the time it takes to reply. keep up the fantastic work and stay sane exile.
Really keen to see how this looks in 3.6 because i'm very tempted to have it as my league starter. Never really tried RF before so it'll be something fresh for me. Was considering using incinerate CWC with volatile dead for clearing and flame surge for single.
"
Thanks for this build guide Wrecker!!...
Thank you. You're very kind. I appreciate your thoughtful words. Hopefully the guide will be that much better for 3.6, but as you said, we'll see what changes come in the coming weeks.

"
I am a fairly new player and have a few questions if I may. They all relate to your updated 3.6 gem links.
Ask as much as you like :)

"
1. How much health will this build have around level 90?...
So, with no gear influencing the stats, only the passive tree, you'll end up with 4200 health and 200% increased health to any flat amount you have on your gear. With an average of 80 health on 9 of my rares (nothing on my weapon) I have over 6700 health. The gear is mediocre for sure. If you LOVED the build and put the time into it, you could have much more.

Adding health does increase the damage of RF. But like any skill that adds damage via health (i.e. Bodyswap) the damage increase isn't huge. Pure RF builds get their damage from sources like Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Overload. As a result of the "average" increase in damage health gives RF and the desire to keep RF sustained without items, this build kinda capped at 200% increased life and also required a different skill for single target damage. I've cleared the Atlas with this character on console. I don't get enough Sulphite to Delveoften...but it's my favourite part of the game by far...so I'll keep you posted as my depth progresses.

"
2. The best part of this build is the fact it does not require any unique gear. (I concur ;))That being said, I have looked at a few other RF builds to get an idea for a few uniques to keep an eye out for that might push the build even further. One that caught my eye is the Doryani's Delusion which grants a level 25 Purity of Fire skill. These shoes seem tailor made for RF builds. I am a big fan of Phase Run and using these boots would allow me to link that and Longer Duration Support to Enduring Cry for faster mapping and boss defensive movement. Would this be a valid strategy?
Any item that provides you with a "gem" via mod can dramatically improve any build. In this case, though the boots are perfect for the build, they aren't worth the price unless 2Ex is pocket change for you. According to the wiki, a Level 25 Purity of Fire only improves your max fire resist by 1%. To me, that's not worth 2Ex. The 30% movement speed is huge but can be found (not crafted in Standard mode) on lots of rares. BUT, adding movement speed to this build is huge. What I'd try to do first is find out what the most natural way to play is. Are you using Consecrated Path? Charged Dash? Just flasks? Phase Run will benefit this build the most if you weren't using either movement skill.

So to answer your question, yes, your strategy is awesome if that's your most natural method of playing.

"
3. I played a build that used Charged Dash this league and fell in love with it. It used a cast while channeling setup witch I also really liked but will be getting with with Incinerate. Charged Dashing from group to group to proc Fortify seems like such a fun thing to do with this build and since I can get Concentrated Ground from a flask is there another skill I could use besides Additional Accuracy? Dropping Culling Strike and getting another Cast While Channeling Skill seems redundant although fun. Would substituting Blind Support be a good option or is the gem needed since this build is accuracy starved in order to proc Fortify?
I love Charged Dash as well. I use it with one of my other guides as it's primary movement skill. You think very well with this game. You grasp it well for a new player. You could replace the movement skill with CD. If you did that you wouldn't need either green support gem. The channelling skill hits often enough to proc Fortify with it's repeated hits that you could put your suggestion of Blind. That's a great pick by the way. You could also add Curse on Hit and the curse of your choice. You could then remove the 3 link that includes Blasphemy and add anything you want instead, like Arctic Armour or Vitality.

"
4. Lastly, if money was no object what do you think would be the best Chest/Necklace setup for this build? Is it Xoph's Blood and Belly for 50% more Health and 10% Fire Penetration or would something like a Yoke and Inpulsa be better with the Fire can Shock and Shocked Enemies Explode mechanic? Is it something else I have not considered? What would you chose even if it cost 1000 Exalt?
Honestly, as your 2nd question as an example of this, there aren't any AMAZING uniques I'd use. There are many great uniques, but not many I feel are worth the price. That being said, if money was no object, I'd make "easy" the goal of your items. The build does great damage so anything I'd add to the build would be defensive. The boots you previously mentioned are great! They Give the extra increase in Max Fire Res. but also frees up a gem slot. I honestly think you would be best with a well rolled rare chest (referring to the Belly). Rise of the Phoenix is not expensive but also also quite perfect. And two Kaom's Way's are SO strong. Your regen and defense would be so great.

The other options you mentioned are good too! You just have to choose between options. I know it sounds lame, but in PoE, you get punished as soon as you try and do too much with a build. The best rule of thumb is: the easier it is to stay alive, the better the choice is.

The only thing to remember is that every build will have great Unique options. But the more Uniques you add, the better your Rares need to be. So make sure you have lots of health (refer to your first question).

Honestly, in terms of Uniques, those you listed and the ones I mentioned are really the only ones that stand out to me. Though, I don't have every unique memorized, and GGG always adds new ones.

Some sweet Elder/Shaper Rares can easily kick the crap out of a good unique though. Check out some of those mods here.

"
Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance for the time it takes to reply. keep up the fantastic work and stay sane exile.
Don't be sorry at all! I'm glad I had the time. I don't always have the time so you had good timing. Ask anything, anytime. If I can answer, I will.

And thanks again for such a kind complement. You're very kind.

Annnnnd

"
kicksome wrote:
Really keen to see how this looks in 3.6 because i'm very tempted to have it as my league starter. Never really tried RF before so it'll be something fresh for me. Was considering using incinerate CWC with volatile dead for clearing and flame surge for single.
Thanks! And cool idea for Volatile Dead! It's so fun, especially at the very beginning of the league, it's great to be able to just pick up the game, and go play. To not NEED anything but normal gems and your passive tree is really relaxing off the bat. I'm still playing with gem ideas as you can see if the previous reply I did...so if you have any suggestions, let me know!

And thanks again :)

Annnnnd

How do you sustain mana without Clarity when using incinerate?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info