Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Im gonna do this build for when i feel like some lazy gaming.

I have it loaded in to PoB but it doesnt say which skill points to take at which levels...
So im gonna have to wing it.
I'll take Heart of the Warrior and Armour Master and then head south on the tree and get that taken care of
I hope this is right.

If there is a guide on which direction to take PLEASE let me know.

Cheers, and I'll let you know how this fella goes :)
"
SmasherAsher wrote:
So a couple points of note - I never felt like I needed max BV stacks, as you said... 5 or so was plenty for dps, and I totally agreed. Just getting those 5 stacks felt like a chore early on.

Part of the reason I tried the build again was I read up on some other RF builds (never having played RF or BV before) and I was able to get some really cheap gear recommendations. I absolutely 100% love the fact that you don't include any gear stuff.... it was what drew me to the build in the first place!! However, with a few super cheap gear implementations I noticed a world of difference. I was lucky enough to loot a Koam's Heart. I knew it was fantastic for this build, but I didn't know how to implement it until I realized there was an Immolate support elder helmet (which I stole from another build). Anyway, I love the no gear part idea - but it might have made me stick with a little longer originally. I play on Xbox - and the market is crap!! Gear requirements suck for me!! I can never afford anything. But super cheap ones on xbox .... must be really cheap on PC, so it could help. Again I completely appreciate that you have intentionally left it out!! But (maybe?) it would have been a game changer for me.
I appreciate the feedback. Thank you. It helps a lot when people are honest and thorough!

"
Lastly, I find it astonishing that CWC affects (effects?) the casting skill. If I understand correctly, it does little for the channeling skill ... it effects the castings skill cast speed????? It brings it down to the channeled skills mana? Holy jeez!!! I am not sure I really understand this point. I played an arc CWC tendrils build before, and I loved it!! This idea is exciting!! I would love to understand it more, if you can help!...Ok wait... So you channel incinerate to make BV happen? Sorry I am slow :))
Seems so strange.... and wicked!!! :))
So Cast While Channelling is a skill that casts spells for you. There are a couple spells like this, Cast on Crit, Cast When Damage Taken...they all have their specific requirements to cast spells for you. Cast while Channelling is a skill that will cast ALL linked Spells for you as long as you are channeling a linked skill as well. You could have 4 spells linked to auto-cast instead of just one. I chose Incinerate as the channeling skill because it was the perfect fit for our build. Cast While Channelling doesn't really give a good damage increase. Its primary benefit is casting other skills for you. The support gems added support all active skills, whether the active skill is being cast by you or CwC. So, part of the reason this version will do more damage is because BV with the 3 support gems at 10 blades does more damage than BV at 5 blades with 5 the 5 support gems. And because CwC casts BV faster than we would, BV is at 10 blades for longer than we'd be able to do it without gear. We also get the Incinerate damage on the field too.

The reason that we'd use so much less mana is because Incinerate is the only skill WE are actually casting. And Incinerate only costs a small portion of mana compared to BV.

Does that help clarify it for you? Or is it as clear as mud? :)

"
Amazing stuff!! Thanks :))
Thanks for your feedback and compliments. You're very kind to take the time :).

https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
whitehawk74 wrote:
Im gonna do this build for when i feel like some lazy gaming.

I have it loaded in to PoB but it doesnt say which skill points to take at which levels...
So im gonna have to wing it.
I'll take Heart of the Warrior and Armour Master and then head south on the tree and get that taken care of
I hope this is right.

If there is a guide on which direction to take PLEASE let me know.

Cheers, and I'll let you know how this fella goes :)
Hey whitehawk74,

So, I don't really like to have a specific path for people to take. I find it valuable for people to choose on their own. If someone is new to the game it think they learn lots from choosing themselves. And if you know the game, you don't really need the guidance. I design my guide trees so that it's pretty difficult to screw up. Most of the time, if you just take every node as they come, you'll be very well balanced for offense and defense. With this build there is no need to prioritize one node over another. There's lots of health everywhere and all the damage is at the top (but your skills do great damage on their own until late anyway).

The only time you may want guidance with this build is if you want to sustain RF without gear as soon as possible. If you do, these are the steps:

"- With the provided tree, select all the nodes as they come. Get all the south nodes, then work your way up.
- Equip and start leveling your Stone Golem as soon as it's available.
- Equip and start leveling your Purity of Fire as soon as it's available.
- By the time you kill Arakaali (the Spider Boss in Act 7) you can select the Pantheon option that unlocks (Soul of Arakaali). Have that and the minor God, Soul of Abberath selected.
- With all of your Endurance charges up, you're dancin'. ;)"

I hope that helps. If it doesn't or you have more questions feel free to ask. I look forward to your feedback.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
at lev 13 now, heading south on the tree.
I have been looking for a good build for a while now that doesnt rely on certain rares.

Thanks for getting back to me. I will let you know how it goes.

You explained it perfectly! In my stubborn head, BV felt like the channeling skill because we are always charging it up. Of course, BV is not channeled... which is why I couldn't understand how it was saving mana. My brain can be really stubborn :))

Sounds like a cool idea! Hope it survives the patch notes :)
DUde - I love this build and what you do man. very cool.

Has anyone managed to do uber elder with this set up? love the concept. gonna try it.

EDIT:
Got this to 42 so far - about to try Cruel Lab - am leveling with the CWC Incin/BV idea. I'm realllly digging it. plan on putting RF in a pseudo 6L.
Started running RF at 22 with decent leveling items. Having a blast so far.

Char is https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/NateDiesel/characters

Last edited by NateDiesel on Feb 5, 2019, 8:56:02 PM
"
NateDiesel wrote:
DUde - I love this build and what you do man. very cool.

Has anyone managed to do uber elder with this set up? love the concept. gonna try it.

EDIT:
Got this to 42 so far - about to try Cruel Lab - am leveling with the CWC Incin/BV idea. I'm realllly digging it. plan on putting RF in a pseudo 6L.
Started running RF at 22 with decent leveling items. Having a blast so far.

Char is https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/NateDiesel/characters

Hey NateDiesel,

Sweet name, sweet gear. :). Thanks for the compliments. You're very kind. I love it too. I'm still debating on the Consecrated Path part. Consecrated Ground is obviously perfect for an RF build of any kind, but I really hate movement skills that need an enemy to be functional. We'll see.

Your intent of having 2 6links in an RF build is one thing I LOVE about running RF without needing any gear (Rise of the Phoenix for example).

Your leveling gear looks great! Nice Watcher's Eye :). I personally am not a fan of leveling over and over (I prefer standard league) so the faster it gets done, the better for me.

To answer your question, I have never beaten Uber Elder. My symptoms don't let me get too far in that battle before they start kicking in. It's such a busy battle that requires lots of different things to be aware of...not sure if I'll ever be able to do it. That being said though, I'm sure the build easily could beat Uber Elder. It has the damage to get rid of those squid things quickly and the defense to not die quickly in the goo they leave behind. The damage is also plenty for killing the bosses in decent time and the health amount, life regen, and damage mitigation are plenty to survive any late decision making we might have.

I'm not trying to give the build credit where it isn't due. I really do think it'll easily do the battle. I'll just likely never be able to do it for reasons unrelated to the build. Keep in mind, if you haven't done those battles before, that success in all that very end-atlas stuff is more about your personal experience in those battles than the build itself. I mean, you have to be able to deal the right amount of damage and survive with some mistakes, but for the most part, late game bosses are mostly beat with experience.

I hope you don't feel cheated with the response. Let me know if I can do anything else for you. Let me know how things go. Thanks again for the kind words.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Feb 6, 2019, 12:29:46 AM
This build looks cool, gonna do it as league starter next league
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe7AG7mNn1s

OMG, I can't believe that video is still around :)

I am in LOVE here!
Got RF on forever now and am burning it down!
Syndicate always coming 3 at a time and dying 3 at a time!
It's tough, but the survivability is insane!
Got an incursion and my 3rd lab for 100% fire damage next, probably tomorrow.
Gonna find some 35% movement speed boots to get things moving along because I don't even see packs anymore!
Have like 136% resists and -8 chaos, this is nuts, it's like I have room to build EVERYTHING up much higher! Will be very ready for the final Kitava reduction. I actually had 235% fire res before I said "I can probably back that off a bit!"

BV up, CD into packs and goodnight, OR CD into packs and casually BV up and good night! LOL, those fools hurt me so bad the PAYBACK is awesome!!

Thank you so much!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
So I'm slowly getting closer to the hardest fights in the game, sitting at lvl 91 with good gear and clearing lvl 15/16 maps. Overall, I still like the build, just sometimes I think it could be a bit safer.

1. Been experimenting with Shield Charge, Charged Dash and Consecrated Path. There is not an ultimate movement skill. CD is too slow for me, SC is great but it tends to get stuck in critical situations (dodge 1-hit boss attacks) just like leap slam does (which i hate). Consecrated path is awesome but u cannot teleport if there are no enemies. Next, I'll try to ditch Enduring cry (hardly ever use it) and swap in flame dash for movement only and keep consecrated path for the sick and safe life regen bonus.
2. Also been trying to swap Iron Will + Added Fire DMG for CwChanneling + Incinerate but not sure if it helps in any way. To get 10 blades up still takes forever and is very unsafe.
3. In general I tend to have mana issues with both, only respec'ing to 'Mana Flows' in the passive tree helped.
4. RF alone is great for clearing maps quickly in combination with consecrated path.
5. in highest tier maps, moving is king, standing still is insta-death in most situations
6. Still afraid to drop the scorching ray totem. In the hardest boss battles i#d miss it too much
7. Getting Xophs Blood (took forever) greatly boosted DPS by getting the covered in ash thing. It's really great and also saves a passive point to put into e.g. 5% life
8. Good jewels (7% life + dmg somehow) is utterly important. Spent most of my currency just rerolling high ilvl jewels to get to 7% life ones with dmg.
9. Increasing life further, beyond my current possible 7k to 7.5k seems very difficult without sacrificing lots of DPS.
10. for delving the build is really great so far ;-)

Overall I can't wait to see how it'll fare against uber atziri, uber elder and syndicate mastermind. I don't feel too confident

EDIT: I checked out the mana issue thing a bit more careful and realized i need to keep incinerate at lvl 14 or below and set clarity lvl to 10, then it's almost fine --> back to CwC and Incinerate now :-) it rocks
Last edited by micard on Feb 6, 2019, 4:16:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info