Lancing Steel Versus Shattering Steel.

"
Llyrain wrote:
"
CaptainFoo wrote:
1) Shattering Steel is a bad skill to level through acts with (source: me, having done this)

2) Ignore the 100% scaling it gets at range almost all of the time, get up close and faceblast things with the shotgun. The range on it is great for maintaining some leech if you need to back off for a moment, but otherwise treat it like a pure melee skill.

Still leveling with it.

It's not arc traps or totems - but faster than most melee skills.
I use it with dual wield, faster ramp up time of Master of metall.

Normal mobs: Fire blind 3-4 salvos with the usual garbage self found leveling equip to clear screens. Feels like GMP tornado shot with a mediocre bow.

Rares / Syndicate: Drop banner, hug them and kiss them. Then the damage is ok. Managed to kill all syndicate encounters while leveling. Setup:

GMP for clearing, the initial 3 projectiles are not enough to cover the screen. Brutality for maximal physical damage - impale is based on physical.

I'm using terminus est and haven't even picked up Master Of Metal yet, that's going to be my uber lab slot, after the taunt nodes and the banner node. I wonder if that was a mistake?
Master of metal almost doubles your damage, at least for dual wield. It's not seen at the tooltip.

2 more stages, more efficient stages, the missing 20% activation while banner dropped (40 base, 40 banner with 50 charges, 20 this skill) and last but not least 7 * 4-8 base damage on top. This base damage is better with fast weapons.

Ah, and for leveling with garbage: The 1000 extra armor are worth a lot during leveling. I can tank syndicate to optimize damage.
Last edited by Llyrain on Dec 12, 2018, 9:28:45 AM
"
Llyrain wrote:
Master of metal almost doubles your damage, at least for dual wield. It's not seen at the tooltip.

2 more stages, more efficient stages, the missing 20% activation while banner dropped (40 base, 40 banner with 50 charges, 20 this skill) and last but not least 7 * 4-8 base damage on top. This base damage is better with fast weapons.

Ah, and for leveling with garbage: The 1000 extra armor are worth a lot during leveling. I can tank syndicate to optimize damage.

Makes sense. I haven't had trouble with syndicate phys damage (I don't think), compared to getting nuked by chaos. Master of Metal seems like it's more important for 1h/DW than it is for 2h, but I am still looking forward to getting it. I wanted to maximize my hit/crit rate first and then the extra speed and consistency from the banner node is nice, but I might end up speccing out of it later. It's pretty quick to build back up to 50 stacks even without it, but retaining stacks is nice in bossfights.
Using shittering steel but want lacing one.

With OG.

And DS for single target (maby blade flurry?).
Is fork even working correctly for shattering steel? I had this weird shower thought about it and tested with GMP and Main on a 4l and my single target improved a lot, clearing also got tons better and my fps dropped a few frames with all those extra projectiles on my screen.

Is this really happening or i'm going crazy trying to make it good?
"
chubas wrote:
Is fork even working correctly for shattering steel? I had this weird shower thought about it and tested with GMP and Main on a 4l and my single target improved a lot, clearing also got tons better and my fps dropped a few frames with all those extra projectiles on my screen.

Is this really happening or i'm going crazy trying to make it good?

I don't mind testing it out, and getting back to you. The amount of confusion in this thread shows how confusing the skills are or lack luster they are. I recently finally added the beltimber swords, and switched to duel wield. The build is twice as effective, I think deadeye is a great choice but I believe champion is the winner because of his direct perks to the skills. I know you can create different synergies for those two skills but Champion will always come out on top. You simply can't ignore the added flat physical it can provide along with the increase chances of getting an impale. Shattering steels fortifying hit enchant is perfect for the champion version too.
Later in the league I will try a champion version and see the pro's and con's to it. I don't see why you would differ too far from the physical aspect of these skills since that's the best way to scale them. I did see a cool interaction though with someone using cast on crit with lancing steel, good skill for multiple hits on enemies to proc your crits.
I'm playing a lancing steel champ. Currently 82. https://pastebin.com/revNfamN

Dual ichimonji, Haemophilia, Lioneyes vision. Pretty sure the ichimonji are buffing my dread banner 20% as well, with haste and some blood rage my attack speed is insane.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
I'm playing a lancing steel champ. Currently 82. https://pastebin.com/revNfamN

Dual ichimonji, Haemophilia, Lioneyes vision. Pretty sure the ichimonji are buffing my dread banner 20% as well, with haste and some blood rage my attack speed is insane.

Ya that's a good sword in general too, fast and effective.
So, I just got the helmet enchant for the fortify on close range for shattering steel and boy am I disappointed. When I think of close range, I think a few meters back or so but nope we're talking about melee range. Really disappointing its not a bit further back.
Well, that's the range where it shotguns, you don't want to stand a few meters back with this one, it's either far or really close. Seems they really wanted to make this a versatile skill that can be used both at range and point blank.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 12, 2018, 8:13:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info