Lancing Steel Versus Shattering Steel.

I've only played Shattering Steel and having a good enough time with it. I have low expectations for my builds though. Clearing T7 stuff pretty comfortably, but I'm already lvl 87...pretty much any build should be doing t7 at that lvl.

I wanted to point out that it feels like this skill should have either one more projectile, or some interaction with fortify. I thought that to myself, and then looked up lab enchants - lo and behold there they were. One or both of those should have made it to the core skill, or both should have been put on a threshold jewel.

One tip I'd give for these skills is Ancestral Protector. You can get the attack speed boost since you're using a melee weapon. Between that and Vaal Haste, I don't feel like I'm missing multistrike at all.
"
innervation wrote:
I've only played Shattering Steel and having a good enough time with it. I have low expectations for my builds though. Clearing T7 stuff pretty comfortably, but I'm already lvl 87...pretty much any build should be doing t7 at that lvl.

I wanted to point out that it feels like this skill should have either one more projectile, or some interaction with fortify. I thought that to myself, and then looked up lab enchants - lo and behold there they were. One or both of those should have made it to the core skill, or both should have been put on a threshold jewel.

One tip I'd give for these skills is Ancestral Protector. You can get the attack speed boost since you're using a melee weapon. Between that and Vaal Haste, I don't feel like I'm missing multistrike at all.

Yup, this is why I made it as a starter because most builds can clear up to yellow maps into low red maps with not too much of an issue. I'm surprised as well that the skill wasn't given an extra projectile or 2 when leveling up or even the chance for fortify, I don't know lol.
Full disclosure, I did not read whole thread so if this is answered apologies for my laziness.

I am leveling with shattering steel and trying both fork and chain as supports. As per the eye test, fork seems significantly superior in leveling. I was wondering if the higher density of endgame makes chain feel more viable or just out right better, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Side not, I thought both skills were absolute trash till i started using fork for them.
"
asshatticus wrote:
Full disclosure, I did not read whole thread so if this is answered apologies for my laziness.

I am leveling with shattering steel and trying both fork and chain as supports. As per the eye test, fork seems significantly superior in leveling. I was wondering if the higher density of endgame makes chain feel more viable or just out right better, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Side not, I thought both skills were absolute trash till i started using fork for them.

I use GMP, i think it's better than chain or fork, because you have more shot gun effect for boss, and it help for clearspeed too. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think chain and fork are pretty useless for bosses

Question for the OP and the people saying Lancing steel is really good, can you please tell us what are the links you're using thx :)
Playing deadeye, lvl 73.

The skills feel bad until I hit my chain node, then with chain support lancing steel clears very well. Its okay for bossing, but the new totem support really shines here.

You can make a real projectile based melee character, but have the bossing support of the full damage warchief totems. Ranged don't get that.

I still need gloomfang for full clearing madness.
Shattering is shit, and lancing is tolerable but only with pierce.
"
k0rt3x wrote:
"
asshatticus wrote:

I use GMP, i think it's better than chain or fork, because you have more shot gun effect for boss, and it help for clearspeed too. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think chain and fork are pretty useless for bosses

Question for the OP and the people saying Lancing steel is really good, can you please tell us what are the links you're using thx :)

I put up the optimal links if you look in the thread.

Anyways, can't wait to switch to dual wield eventually and get rid of this terminus. I might make a build guide for the skill because they're both good skills and shine in there own way even though they are pretty much the exact same skill. I don't say this as someone beating there chest like an ape in superiority but these two skills require a bit more skill than some of the other skills GGG has released. I still think they could be improved because they still do lack a bit.
"
TundrazaL wrote:

As I already stated, Shattering is for clear and doesn't do well for bosses UNLESS you know how to position well and even then it still lacks. Lancing Steel is superior for bossing but lacks for clear. I been testing out point blank and I don't think that passive is good for either skill. It kind of works for shattering steel but I feel its a terrible choice for lancing steel.
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
"
TundrazaL wrote:

As I already stated, Shattering is for clear and doesn't do well for bosses UNLESS you know how to position well and even then it still lacks. Lancing Steel is superior for bossing but lacks for clear. I been testing out point blank and I don't think that passive is good for either skill. It kind of works for shattering steel but I feel its a terrible choice for lancing steel.

Why do you think pointblank is terrible for Lancing Steel?
Last edited by TundrazaL on Dec 10, 2018, 7:44:20 PM
I would enjoy shattering steal more if you could adjust the spread like you can with lancing steel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info