Is syndicate grossly overtuned?

yea you guys better not make this nerfed like invasion. Shit is fun in hardcore. Like roguelike experience.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Dec 8, 2018, 4:18:18 PM
"
TheBagman wrote:
They're basically like Red beasts in the first couple days of Beastiary (stupidly tanky with dps higher than act bosses). I'm sure they'll do a balance pass shortly.

the thing is, red beast wasnt stuck in a small fortification with 20+ mobs spawning every 5 sec that make you unable to see the actual fight of a boss that do INSANE dmg with fast atk and aoe so big that are nearly unavoidable and all this x3 because sometime there is 3 master. a red beast was really tanky and hight dmg but was way easier to kite and avoid their attack. betrayal is simply on another lvl atm....way to much thing going on at the same time in a small area with insane 1 shot attack impossible to avoid especialy with the entangle/slow master....

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This game is always like that. You have to understand what's going on, and until you do it's seems "overtuned". Once you do, things seem too easy. Knowledge and skill are underestimated by players. You currently have very little of both. Later, you'll find the encounters easier to handle.

Shags, it appears you haven't actually started or haven't pushed far enough to see it.

Given that there were enough people at launch to set a new record, I can comfortably say there are plenty of folks with less knowledge and skill.
Sure, I could have run something like desecrate/vd or arc traps/totems but sometimes you just want to level with something you'll be using.

"
ImmortalCX wrote:
Its not very hard, what am I missing?

I have a Morb witch with junk gear at level 25; this is not meta and I'm a new player.

When there is a caravan, flask to run in front of it and lob magma orbs back on the train. Totem and health pot as necessary.

When there is a fort, break down the front door, flask to run in and kill the totems, then focus the bosses.

Haven't done a stronghold yet, I'm about 10% away.

Is it difficult because people are power leveling and their gear is behind the zone they are in?

I'm doing mostly full clears and the XP is keeping my level slightly ahead of the zone level. Betrayal seems balanced to that unless I am missing something?

Anyone want to take bets on how long before he posts his next complaint thread?
Yep, totally over league play.
We are allowed to disagree.

I suspect the people who are having problems with betrayal are power leveling and getting hit hard because they can't skip ahead as easily.

I'm just providing a datapoint of someone who is new and the content seems balanced.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I just hope these new people aren't trying to play melee.

The way horror stories are born.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I actually came here to post that exact same thing. I don't mind hard but stupid hard is no fun. I cant tell you how many times I have died fighting some of these targets. They are harder than level 50 bosses I have fought. They seem to be about 10-20 levels over my level.

I constantly get two shotted, cant heal fast enough to avoid dying, run away get teleport slammed and dead. I don't know if there is any randomness to the targets like instead of Haku maybe someone else has a different target , but it sucks hard especially the stupid transport missions. You die all the way back at the end of the map from the waypoint and get get over in time before the transport leaves the map.

I hit them with my totem, firestorm, contagion, orb storm and I dont even see a loss of life. The targets are immune to elemental damage all the time which further adds to the difficulty.

Knowing tons of people were going to come over from D3 they should have toned it down just slightly. I don't want a cake walk but I don't want to get so frustrated I say forget it and go back to standard league.
There is a lot going on with them.

They are definatly harder than normal mobs, but i always figured they would be more Red beast level.

Are a few things you can do to compensate. Bargain to destroy their gear when they really gear up. Really does cut their danger
I play my poor summoner like each league, zombies and skellies, with the new gems. There is simply put no danger at all so far.

I have several Rank 2 NPC´s, they have weapons and swarm me in groups of 2 or 3. It´s going quite well so far. Also did two safe houses already, it´s definitely doable and much more accessible than for instance "incursion", which was completely broken for most builds.

Most people that struggle, did rush I believe. The truth is, there are many good items to craft, use them and it will become easier. I have a two minion helmet, with zombies and skeleton, it´s insanely powerful.

Really, I am not a great POE gamer, but the issues others have, I just don´t experience myself. At Incursion I gave up mid game, as it was not doable, go figure...
Last edited by Ygidua on Dec 8, 2018, 6:56:50 PM
"
terascque wrote:
I actually came here to post that exact same thing. I don't mind hard but stupid hard is no fun. I cant tell you how many times I have died fighting some of these targets. They are harder than level 50 bosses I have fought. They seem to be about 10-20 levels over my level.

I constantly get two shotted, cant heal fast enough to avoid dying, run away get teleport slammed and dead. I don't know if there is any randomness to the targets like instead of Haku maybe someone else has a different target , but it sucks hard especially the stupid transport missions. You die all the way back at the end of the map from the waypoint and get get over in time before the transport leaves the map.

I hit them with my totem, firestorm, contagion, orb storm and I dont even see a loss of life. The targets are immune to elemental damage all the time which further adds to the difficulty.

Knowing tons of people were going to come over from D3 they should have toned it down just slightly. I don't want a cake walk but I don't want to get so frustrated I say forget it and go back to standard league.

There must be multiple difficulty levels. Maybe its keyed to the accounts of people.

The bosses have a ton of health. But they don't one-shot.

I'm passing them pretty easily, but it must be stupid noob luck. Maybe they are tuned easier for new accounts?

Check my noob build to see why they are easy for me.
Last edited by ImmortalCX on Dec 8, 2018, 7:49:34 PM
Did Janus Perandus get a massive buff while I was gone? The bloke is now one-shotting me off-screen with his AoE attacks like WTF.

Most of his attacks don't even have the warnings so I can dodge so it's not like I can do much at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info