Is syndicate grossly overtuned?

I'm finding this league a bit challenging, especially in the early levels. But I think the early content in Incursion and Delve were much harder than Betrayal.

There are a few things that are especially hard to kill/survive, and they'll probably get adjusted, but I don't think this league is over-tuned at all, let alone "grossly" over-tuned.
- here's my sig
Over-tuned? Definitely.

Haku at lower level, and the Perandus assassins everywhere else (one of whom off-screen RIPed Pohx in 3 seconds) deal a ton of damage.
Totems in Fortification near-instant-regen life.
More guys joining in the middle of an already-hard-as-nails fight, to wreck you...

Also, I've just completed all Safe Houses, and Intervention is just bloody insane how you get instantly surrounded by 20+ monsters with no where to go.

But it's fun.

And as always, thank Kuduku and the Karui Gods I'm not in HC.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I've had my fun with the league so far, but I do agree that it's rather tense.

I've only died once so far, and it's because I went into trying to do a laboratory blind only to find the place jammed packed full of mobs. Panicked and desperately tried to find a room with an objective so I could at least defend one.

I almost felt like I was mapping prior to act 2 at times with how many mobs there can be.
They
fucking
HURT

FUCK
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Not casual player friendly by any means
Its grossly boring is what it is.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
For the most part it is well balanced. There are two outstanding outliers though IMHO.

Leo does some absurd amount of damage just from his leap slam and basic auto attacks. Doesn't help that I don't even know where he is half the time, because the amount of mobs they summon and his generic design just makes him disappear in a sea of mobs.

Then there is Janus Perandus. This guy is tougher than Act bosses. His damage is insane (I have been sticking to the rule of thumb of roughly 300-400 life extra per attack while keeping resists fairly high) and he can easily kill you from across the screen due to the shear size of his AoEs. I wish the game already gave me the option to remove him.

Like Hillock is a sweet beefcake, why would I want to remove him. Janus can go screw himself.

Early before you get your character tuned they are definitely tougher than normal content.

I like it alot, but can see where it might be negative to a newer player.

Easy fix for most of the early overtuning is just to 1 slot a Frost Bomb as it kills most of the guys sustain / regen sources, but I'm also running alot of freeze/chill with increase mods and that does great at lockdown so far, I expect my damage to kick in to where that is irrelevant fairly soon though for what I am building towards.
why is the wagon starting 3m away from the portal and activating over walls before you can reach -_-?
Its not very hard, what am I missing?

I have a Morb witch with junk gear at level 25; this is not meta and I'm a new player.

When there is a caravan, flask to run in front of it and lob magma orbs back on the train. Totem and health pot as necessary.

When there is a fort, break down the front door, flask to run in and kill the totems, then focus the bosses.

Haven't done a stronghold yet, I'm about 10% away.

Is it difficult because people are power leveling and their gear is behind the zone they are in?

I'm doing mostly full clears and the XP is keeping my level slightly ahead of the zone level. Betrayal seems balanced to that unless I am missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info