Is syndicate grossly overtuned?

what i dont get:

do they really need to be that hard during leveling? or would it be better to tune them down so players can actually try to learn what is going on?

sometimes it feels like you need a fully planed out character during leveling to beat them deathless.

i can't even imagine how a new player (even with a meta build but without game knowledge) must feel when destroying act bosses only to get massively rekt by some "better rogue exile" (or 3+).
I actually felt the oposite. I found them harder between acts 6 and 9, also they are not balanced, depending on your build you may want to keep sme of them ungeared lol. And as stated in the topic, incursions mechanics are tougher.
Last edited by galuf on Dec 8, 2018, 8:51:42 PM
Finally managed to kill that Perandus with his caravan by ending up bottle necking him in a mine full of twists and turns. Threw him in the dungeon without hesitation.
I've seen about a dozen HC RIP clips so far, and you can't even tell what killed them, lol.
"
poepoe091 wrote:
I've seen about a dozen HC RIP clips so far, and you can't even tell what killed them, lol.

Sadly this was me!

Ripped to an unseen attack while the screen was filled with action coming from all angles....sucked!!!!
I'm all about giving us a challenge, but basically where i'm at(35 so far) these Betrayal bosses are 100x+ harder than any of the Act bosses. I don't get 1 shot per se, but it might as well be because you get pummeled with unavoidable shit and you're going to die regardless.

I started off as a cold DoT build to try the new skills, but it became obvious very early on that was a bad idea. So I went summoner meta on a 2nd build, and I have NEVER met so much ridiculous push back in this game ever. I have to kite everything and summon garbage to buy time.

That's all fine and dandy, but you have bosses that ignore your minions entirely and hit like fucking trucks and on top of it often have a time limit with the transport mechanic.

Offer a challenge. I love it! But when I have to cheat to have a chance and respawn constantly - that's not fun at all.
The syndicate are Overtuned, or Lancing Steel is Undertuned. I am having to skip them because I cannot kill them. Or I could just suck lol. Lvl 62 in 61 Zone.
Last edited by bazookatooths on Dec 8, 2018, 11:56:20 PM
I've had issues with the chaos damage from bows and that purple hand area attack. They seem overtuned to me. I play softcore so it's not a huge deal yet. Some of their bases are cramped into zones where it's difficult to fight and avoid aoe ground damage. I haven't had issues in the labs though as there's adequate spacing.

There was one fight where haku kept regening at ridiculous rates, but maybe he had something in his base that was assisting it.
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Dec 9, 2018, 12:07:13 AM
I’m alright with the amount of damage they have to take, especially after level 30 when you get your main skill linked up. Before that, there were times I failed the caravan run... DPS check or not, I’m unsure.

The damage they dish out, can be pretty bursty, once again especially true for lower levels with mix-and-match armour. I’ve died unknowingly in a split second, and there are numerous videos of POE streamers getting rekt in HC. There’s some balancing to be done here.

And yes it’s true, there were incidents I almost could not kill Leo or Haku even after taking out the fort. The moment you stop attacking (out of mana), they regenerate back to full health.
Last edited by Hayrich on Dec 9, 2018, 12:11:23 AM
I'm level 74 but have not yet raided a single storehouse whilst random reddit man gets 3 mirrors.

I feel like I'm just doing this horribly horribly wrong. It is a shame because th amount of programmatic creative that went into the syndicate system is profoundly impressive considering they have such a small dev team and only a few months to build it.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info