Is syndicate grossly overtuned?

They could reduce the amount of useless adds cluttering the area. Simply have them not respawn indefintely (or as frequent) and have a pile at the start you can clean out before engaging the real enemies.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
They could reduce the amount of useless adds cluttering the area.

There aren't any ads in the paid version of the software.
Last edited by ImmortalCX on Dec 11, 2018, 12:43:27 PM
One of the worst league experiences for me personally. Maybe even worse than bestiary. Absurdly overtuned unfun mechanic. Offscreen oneshots on white maps etc. Kinda having a little hope they will somehow fix it before the weekend. Actually I'm seriously considering to play standard instead of this BS.
"
Mythabril wrote:
They could reduce the amount of useless adds cluttering the area. Simply have them not respawn indefintely (or as frequent) and have a pile at the start you can clean out before engaging the real enemies.

Once again I find that the rare adds are arguably worse than the bosses. Necromancers make me want to kill myself, they just vomit zombies all over the place. The science-wizards in Research piss me off with the stupid beam shenanigans. But good merciful Baby Jeebus, the fucking Ninjas. Those assholes are just laughable, give one of them a speed aura and it's GG, they are relentless and watching them break their own animations to run me down and turbo-shank me ensures that I will never take GGG seriously ever.
This is a buff™
"
GoDLikUS wrote:
One of the worst league experiences for me personally. Maybe even worse than bestiary.

Funny trivia: Chris said recently that Bestiary was up there with the best leagues in terms of player retention.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Some good feedback here; take notes GGG.

The complaints about visual clutter is especially relevant. I thought the whole point of big, telegraphed one-shot hits was that you could see them coming and avoid them...

_____

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Spoiler
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
NemoJr wrote:
I almost died in THE COAST FFS. Which would be a new personal record -- I don't think I even died to Uber Hillock lol.

Yep. That was when I knew the new content was hostile to early play. Did they think we would come out of the gate with 5 links, 30% movement speed boots, etc?

Hoping that as my character progresses this will sort itself out as it did with Incursion.

Almost? ALMOST?

Oh please. Invasion was killing people in the Coast at a rate you wouldn't begin to imagine. As was Anarchy, with overtuned Exiles everywhere. Betrayal is lala land compared to those. Once you figure out, through trial and error, how to handle the various encounters, it's not hard at all early on. Throw in subsequent characters benefiting from veiled mods and twink gear and this FAR from the hardest league in the game's history.

'Almost'. Have a cup of concrete and harden up.

And take a little time to appreciate the flipside of this: Syndicate encounters sure make the core game feel like a stroll in the park in comparison. I love it when a league makes me feel like I have to up my game, and when the rewards, both tangible and thematic, are appropriately doled out.

I imagine a lot of these complaints that it's all too hard are being taken a little lighter by the devs when Charan 'Shit Sword Rich Kid Doesn't Play Maps Ever Hell U Probably Never Even Play At All LOL' Jaydemyr is saying otherwise.

Aren't you just a wee bit embarrassed?

edit and PS: just discovered the caravan ignores the gates in the pits in Act 4. OH THAT WAS FUN. (Not even being facetious. It was challenging as hell and felt good when I managed to stop it at the last second.)

I wish ONE of you had the courtesy to ping me with a proper quote. *shakes fist*

Yes, yes. I know you're enjoying Betrayal too much to let me shit on your fun. I'm happy for you. Doesn't change the fact that the league could benefit from an introductory / warm up phase.

Full quote for reference context, in case you missed it:

"
NemoJr wrote:
Spoiler
Seems like GGG made the same mistake they did with Incursion: New league mechanic hitting players like a sledgehammer in early levels so they lose interest until they reach maps, and some of them can't be arsed after that point.

I almost died in THE COAST FFS. Which would be a new personal record -- I don't think I even died to Uber Hillock lol.

PS: I will admit I'm a bit surprised weirded out by the position you're taking in this, but I would never call you "Shit Sword Rich Kid Doesn't Play Maps Ever Hell U Probably Never Even Play At All LOL"; that's just mean.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by NemoJr on Dec 11, 2018, 1:48:44 PM
Apparently nobody remembers the soul eating bats from Abyss league lol
_Slinger of <ZAP!>
I love the challenge then again I can see why hardcore players want to avoid dealing with them. Their choise to play HC though. For softcore it is wondeful to have some dangers :)
I play with a friend and it just feels like we're banging our heads against mobs that keep spawning while we get our asses kicked by aura-buffed syndicate members. What's with this damage... He's a new player and he doesn't want to play anymore because of the absurd damage. It feels very punishing if you just pick up the game.
"
WolfStrike wrote:
Apparently nobody remembers the soul eating bats from Abyss league lol

I had to remind all of the people complaining on reddit of this. Betrayal has nothing on those bats.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info