[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Firestrike9 wrote:
I've played Whispering Ice for like 5 leagues as a main build and your tree pathing seems a bit alarming to me,is it really worth going all the way down to duelist to get VP? aren't you losing like an insane amount of damage?

Most to all of the damage from Icestorm comes from our Int nodes, because IC gains more damage for every point of Int you have. The 3 Fertile Mind Jewels are used to convert the Dex nodes on the way to VP to Int nodes. Two Fertile Minds can also double up if they overlap the same nodes and turn a +10 Dex node into a +20 Int node. It does lose out on a bit of damage compared to the Scion Ascendant version, but it makes up for it in defence and survivability.
Last edited by Solax on Dec 8, 2018, 10:29:10 AM
"
Ivan_Sorenson wrote:
For leveling and SSF till u get ur Staff: Winterorb + cwc + freezing Pulse + GMP

Thx!
Hi there,

Why do you pick Frigid Wake as second, and how do we sustain mana?

Thanks
So I dropped an int amulet in a safe house that had aspect of the spider on it and I've been running with it for lack of better gear but I think I actually prefer using it to arctic armour, the slows from the hinder coupled with the chills / freezes slow down enemies so much that it's making it that barely anything actually gets an attack off, and the webs give up to 15% more damage too with both debuffs lasting for 6 seconds. I'm thinking of also replacing the enfeeble with temp chains when I get my CWDT setup going just to see what happens but it could slow stuff that's not a boss to pretty stupid levels.

Oh and since it's a gear mod you also free up a gem slot for something, like I saw mentioned earlier I might put bonechill on frost bomb and see how it feels.
"
Aleoddio wrote:
Hi there,

Why do you pick Frigid Wake as second, and how do we sustain mana?

Thanks

Winter orb has a very low mana cost.
Hmm.. Straight-ahead type of build.
wonder if it is viable, or it is better to go for converter cold-to-file. hmmh..
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
i'm lvl 70 with 5s staff, 2800hp 2600ES started mapping, getting oneshotted badly and dmg is simply not there...
Kinda hard to judge but gonna reroll...
Hi!!!

Just wondering why "Frigid Wake" as an ascendancy. Those "Cold dmg over time" multipliers doesn't affect our dmg at all right?

Thx!!
"
PandaDap wrote:
Hi!!!

Just wondering why "Frigid Wake" as an ascendancy. Those "Cold dmg over time" multipliers doesn't affect our dmg at all right?

Thx!!

Just for the immune to chill/freeze as well as the 10% less damage delivered.

The idea behind this flavor of the WI build is that we sacrifice damage for tankiness. You can probably do more damage going Malediction, and you'll certainly do more with a Scion start. But once everything comes together, you'll be able to easily facetank shaper.

That being said, Frigid Wake is going to be my Uber lab node.
"
Aleoddio wrote:
i'm lvl 70 with 5s staff, 2800hp 2600ES started mapping, getting oneshotted badly and dmg is simply not there...
Kinda hard to judge but gonna reroll...

You are doing something wrong... but really wrong.

What value are your resistances?

Just run my first map (Channel) at level 68 with 1760 HP/1760 ES and 6S staff (yes i know i am lucky), 2170 Icestorm tool tip in hideout, and mobs were freezing and exploding without touching me.
I have Merciless Lab done though, i did Merciless Izaro at level 68 with just 1700 HP what else can be said ... this build delivers.

Thanks once again Kelvynn for adapting this lovely build for pure cold damage! It seems even better than fire version at this moment.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 8, 2018, 5:33:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info