[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

I'm having a really awful hard time leveling with this as a league starter :(
I'm having great difficulty with Betrayal mobs to a point where I just ignore them now. It was good until about level 35 for me, I'm level 40 now and just grinded in Dried Lake for a few levels. I took the cold damage nodes at the top early, and it's better but now survivability, I need to focus on.
"
Paintherapy wrote:

Yeah, the leveling is super painful until you get Vaal Pact working. Once you get Ice storm going, it's better, but because we need to travel so far for Vaal Pact, and we are going to go CI at some point, the tree is really starved for life. Stick with it, and get the pieces in place and it does get better.
I swapped the ascendancy order in order to get a better pool of life going since we end up with decent es with basic items anyways. Made the switch at 55 to ci and had around 3k es with an icetomb and voidbringer gloves both of which is an alch each. Been pretty comfy not out of 1hko territory but good enough I can channel without too much fear of instant death.
"
Paintherapy wrote:

I'm lvl 50ish and my death count is over 150. My gear is a hot mess as are my resists, but I'm sticking with it.

The suggested Winter's Orb+CWC+Freezing Pulse+GMP made a huge difference until I was able to pick up a staff.

Doing the league stuff is ridiculously hard and currently a wipe fest for me so I'm starting to bypass it as I go through story.

I may switch up the ascendancies as some are recommending.

I am seeing this slightly come to together so I have hope once I get my stuff in order things will go better.
<3
I'm levelling a Scion following the guide in that classes forum, is it ok to switch to this once i've levelled further, only around 25 at the moment
You guys are making your life too difficult for nothing. Whispering Ice needs Intelligence to be able to properly scale damage. Just start with ARC+Spire trap until you're comfortable to change and get wicked ward early instead of void beacon.
"
George20 wrote:
I'm having great difficulty with Betrayal mobs to a point where I just ignore them now. It was good until about level 35 for me, I'm level 40 now and just grinded in Dried Lake for a few levels. I took the cold damage nodes at the top early, and it's better but now survivability, I need to focus on.

This is proving to be challenging on most builds whilst leveling. It's not specific to this, possibly overtuning of the earlier levels.

I'm currently level 79, 6K ES and the build is really smooth and already difficult to kill. Leveling was....rippy but to be expected as I attempted it as a league starter (This is not the builds fault but merely what we are trying to do this early into a league imo).

My gear:

+ 2x Fertile Mind
+ 1x Brute Force
"
haveallama wrote:

You intelligence very low for this build.
Last edited by svarogg on Dec 9, 2018, 4:25:00 AM
haveallama, how many hours played did you spend to get to 79? And did you solo them? I ask cuz I went flat out (or so I thought) on this char and 17 hours playtime later am still at ~61. (I wanted to try a faster levelling char to buy stuff for the occultist char since it wasn't clear just how fast the witch was going to level. Apparently I can't overcome my bad playing algorithm.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info