[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

what's the point of putting a point in https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Void_Beacon
Void Beacon is for chaos damage, not cold..

nevermind looks like they updated the node in 3.5.x
Last edited by gruumine on Dec 7, 2018, 2:20:08 PM
Sold by the sorc playing around the entrance of Durance of Hate :D

Starting now :D looking forward to the updates! \o

Wow, there is new craftable mod.
10% of damage leeched as life when focused.
You have Vaal pact when focused

Might be a decent middle ground for those who are trying to function without Vaal Pact.
On the way to Cruel Preparation on the leveling tree why do you take the INT nodes around the outside of the "Walker" ring rather than grabbing the ele damage and cold damage nodes just above Frost Walker?
Why are you using Malachai's Artifice and Herald of Ice? Won't you be raising enemy cold resist as well?
"
Bloody_fish wrote:
Why are you using Malachai's Artifice and Herald of Ice? Won't you be raising enemy cold resist as well?

Haha, I just discovered that issue too and came here to post about it, only to see somebody asking already. I ran Purity of Ice instead of HoI in my boss tests, and that mistake slipped my attention.

EE is really good for bosses. HoI is good for trash. But I don't see a good way to switch between them. Malachai's Artifice dramatically changes resists.

I guess nevermind that ring and EE for now. Storm Brand doesn't look impressive either. I expected it to jump to new enemies quickly, but it seems to be taking its time.

Also, Winter Orb sucks as a main skill even for leveling. I don't know what GGG were using in that early video, probably a Tabula. In a Tabula any skill is OP for leveling. But I tried Winter Orb and it's not even as good as Freezing Pulse. We'll only use it for channelling Icestorm.

Adjusted the guides.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 8, 2018, 12:26:45 AM
"
Breken wrote:

Might be a decent middle ground for those who are trying to function without Vaal Pact.

My first veiled mod was +3% all attributes on a chest piece.

Edit : what is exactly « when focused » ?
Last edited by Inialla on Dec 8, 2018, 12:50:09 AM
"
Inialla wrote:
"
Breken wrote:

My first veiled mod was +3% all attributes on a chest piece.

Edit : what is exactly « when focused » ?

If you have a skill that requires focus, you'll get a new trigger skill "Focus" it's active for 4 seconds, on a 12 second cooldown that can only be decreased via cooldown recovery mods.
*Ignore - double post*
Last edited by Breken on Dec 8, 2018, 1:18:49 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Also, Winter Orb sucks as a main skill even for leveling. I don't know what GGG were using in that early video, probably a Tabula. In a Tabula any skill is OP for leveling. But I tried Winter Orb and it's not even as good as Freezing Pulse. We'll only use it for channelling Icestorm.

Adjusted the guides.

I found Winter Orb to be decent for leveling, but it totally requires more projectiles. I was able to 4-link it with LMP, faster casting, and controlled destruction.... but that's a decent amount of investment for just the few levels you'll be using it. It really should be 3 or 4 projectiles by default.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info