[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Are you guys crafting your ES gear? In which case what are good fossils to use? Or you just Alt and Alch?
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
aldaias wrote:
My current setup is Cast when damage lvl 1/ ball lightning lvl 4
followed by lvl 20/23 curse on hit/21/20 enfeeble and frostbite and lvl 20 blind

Yes i took the +1 curse on skill tree.. felt good at the moment.. melted shaper slowly but surely

If you are taking 2nd curse anyway, maybe there is a point in going into malediction route instead. Differences that instead of 20% res debuff and you will get 10% more damage. Not much difference, actually.
Then in malediction route we get increase in curse effect, free 2nd curse, 16% more damage in chaos, if we killed recently and absurd clear potential with profane bloom.
In frigid wake route we just get chill/freeze immunity, that we can get with just flask.

I actually think that malediction route is vastly better, but i just can't resist the temptation of full immunity of ailments. Moreover, it's new node, we just oblige to test it :)

I did a lot of testing now with malediction path. In theorie it should be very good for clearspeed with profane bloom - if you get the enemies cursed it works well. Practical i don´t get them cursed while normal mapping, becouse they die to fast or are frozen and don´t hit me to trigger curses. I think if i want full profit of profane bloom i have to use one curse with blasphemy. I am not sure if that is worth to give up arctic armour.
How much ES do I need to begin with CI ?
"
Naramie_VI wrote:
I did a lot of testing now with malediction path. In theorie it should be very good for clearspeed with profane bloom - if you get the enemies cursed it works well. Practical i don´t get them cursed while normal mapping, becouse they die to fast or are frozen and don´t hit me to trigger curses. I think if i want full profit of profane bloom i have to use one curse with blasphemy. I am not sure if that is worth to give up arctic armour.

Well, yeah. When i was talking about malediction route, i kinda automatically assumed that atleast one of curses must be on blasphemy, or profane bloom would be completely useless.

On the other hand, i don't see any problem in disabling AA for mapping, it's not like you really need it against trash. Another idea, you should just disable herald of ice. This thing is only for "ice boom booms" anyway, profane bloom will take its role.
"
Fraktal_ wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Fraktal_ wrote:
Has anybody done any testing with hypothermia + bonechill support, lets say, for the 5th and 6th slots?

From what it seems like, with all the increased chill effect + cold damage taken from bonechill it is the best option?

How would bonechill compare to cold pen support?

Personally I was thinking, WO - CwC - LL - Conc Effect - Hypo - Bonechill

Chill can't be more than 30%, it is hard cap despite any "increased" that you can have.

So it will be 30% More damage at BEST, not even constant.
I like the idea of linking it to arctic armor more.

so my +60% chill effectiveness tooltip is not doing anything? and all the increase they give you on hypothermia + bonechill is meaningless? bonechill itself gives over 30% effect of chill so why would it be capped at 30?

Not really, chill effect derived from the ammount of damage of our hits. Considering that our hits don't really that powerfull, just many of them, chill isn't really that strong, and chill effectiveness is multiplicator from this original value that we applying. Probably will not reach the cap even after those effectiveness nodes. (arctic armor always apply chill with capped effect, but only on 0.5 sec after enemy hits you)

Well, i'm also not so knowledgable, not sure if several chills can stack in more powerfull chill. If it's so, then yeah, chill effectiveness will be wasted.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 16, 2018, 6:44:11 AM
"
Thezibaim wrote:
How much ES do I need to begin with CI ?

I had around 2k when I swapped to CI, which was on the low side, but could handle the first couple tiers of maps which gave me something to do while upgrading.

"
twack wrote:
Are you guys crafting your ES gear? In which case what are good fossils to use? Or you just Alt and Alch?

Dense Fossil for ES, the No Life one is good paired with it, and you can use... Sanctified, I think it is? That gives better outcomes, though that's usually a more expensive path.

If you're on a Helm you can consider a Frigid for the Delve Cold Mods, otherwise a third and fourth resonator options are just using two of the element ones to remove two elements giving a higher chance of getting energy shield/int rolls.
May I ask what is the point of Ball Lightning? It does little to no damage and is only used to apply a curse, but CWDT does that already. Am I missing something?
Could someone post a vid of themselves clearing a map with WO CwC WI? Did a SR CwC WI but was bothered by the slow map clear last league, didnt put too much time into it. Hoping WO will help clearing up stragglers better than SR did.
"
Corvete wrote:
May I ask what is the point of Ball Lightning? It does little to no damage and is only used to apply a curse, but CWDT does that already. Am I missing something?

CWDT applies the curse in a small area, CWDT linked to Ball Lightning and Curse on Hit applies it in a huge area and has increased curse strength from the Curse on Hit link.

Plus you can link it to Blind in a 5L for even more mitigation.
"
Zephryl wrote:
"
Corvete wrote:

CWDT applies the curse in a small area, CWDT linked to Ball Lightning and Curse on Hit applies it in a huge area and has increased curse strength from the Curse on Hit link.

Plus you can link it to Blind in a 5L for even more mitigation.

And i took additional curse enroute on skill tree for even more dps (frostbite+enfeeble+blind).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info