[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

I don't see the utility to take Discipline and Training (+30 max life / +10% max life) with this build : with Chaos Inoculation, your life is reduced to 1.

So if someone could explain me ^^
I did some tests and calculations and what I think and I will try to do are:
1st staff for map clearing: WO + CWC + GMP + Faster Casting(*) + Controlled Destruction + ColdPen or Hypothermia(**)

(*):We don't need Spell Cascade/IncAOE or Conc Effect, because
1) Standart AOE of the Icestorm gonna be enough with WO + GMP and HoI will finish the rest of trash if it survive or too far away. With Spell Cascade we will have lower dps overall and especially on rares.
2) WO is awfull with conc effect cuz it feels like WO have lower hitbox of projectiles and less aoe of explosion with conc effect
3) With Faster Casting we not only build stages faster but have increased projectile speed and frequency

EDIT: Maybe Spell Cascade is better choise instead of Faster Casting, because we actually need only 5l than. Needed to be tested in real situations in t14+ maps...

EDIT2: NVM, Spell Cascade seems too good (not tested even with 5l tho) cuz of mechanic of the gem and icestorm itself. So final setup should be WO + CWC + GMP + Controlled Destruction + ColdPen or Hypothermia

(**):Not really sure about this two, but Hypothermia won't work on first hit we deal with WO, right? So maybe cold pen is better choise here.

And we need enchant for life leach on boots or/and any watcher's eye mentioned by Kelvynn.

Mana won't be an issue cuz we won't cast so much. As for me I always carrying a mana flask because don't wanna reroll no regen maps so it will help too.

2nd staff gonna be pretty standard: WO + CWC / Conc Effect / Hypothermia / Cold Pen / Life Leach (or Controll Destruction if we got enchant or watcher's eye).

Wanna hear something from you guys, what do ur thoughts on this setup because it's only a theory.

P.S. Sorry for bad english, don't have enough practice :(
Last edited by EtoXzy on Dec 15, 2018, 6:43:12 PM
"
EtoXzy wrote:
1st staff for map clearing: WO + CWC + GMP + Faster Casting(*) + Controlled Destruction + ColdPen or Hypothermia(**)

1) Standart AOE of the Icestorm gonna be enough with WO + GMP and HoI will finish the rest of trash if it survive or too far away. With Spell Cascade we will have lower dps overall and especially on rares.
2) WO is awfull with conc effect cuz it feels like WO have lower hitbox of projectiles and less aoe of explosion with conc effect
3) With Faster Casting we not only build stages faster but have increased projectile speed and frequency

(**):Not really sure of the this two, but Hypothermia won't work on first hit we deal with w/o, right? So maybe cold pen is better choise here.

And we need enchant for life leach on boots or/and any watcher's eye mentioned by Kelvynn.

Mana won't be an issue cuz we won't cast so much. As for me I always carrying a mana flask because don't wanna reroll no regen maps so it will help too.

2nd staff gonna be pretty standard: WO + CWC / Conc Effect / Hypothermia / Cold Pen / Life Leach (or Controll Destruction if we got enchant or watcher's eye).

Wanna hear something from you guys, what do ur thoughts on this setup because it's only a theory.

I am also interested in brain storming a single target weapon swap set up. But...are you using Spell Cascade for clear? You know it's amazing right?
"
"
EtoXzy wrote:

(**):Not really sure of the this two, but Hypothermia won't work on first hit we deal with w/o, right? So maybe cold pen is better choise here.

I am also interested in brain storming a single target weapon swap set up. But...are you using Spell Cascade for clear? You know it's amazing right?

Right now yes I'm using Spell Cascade. But I explaned in my post why I belive we don't need it.
P.S. Got an enchantment from the first run today right after my post(Lmao), so I'll try to make my setup alive and share my experience with it. Forgot to mention that EO is up almost all the time (probably because gmp and good base crit of w/o)
Last edited by EtoXzy on Dec 15, 2018, 4:52:08 PM
"
George20 wrote:
I'm at level 84 now at 6800 energy shield with discipline and I just 6 socketed my staff and I'll need to be farming more currency so in the meantime, how can I improve my gear in the meantime with 80 chaos? My character is Jasmine_Art_Patternose
what should be my next upgrade ? :)
lvl 90
8,743k es
1,742k int
h/o damage 1977.5 spell cascade
Last edited by SkwizY on Dec 15, 2018, 6:56:10 PM
"
Thezibaim wrote:
I don't see the utility to take Discipline and Training (+30 max life / +10% max life) with this build : with Chaos Inoculation, your life is reduced to 1.

So if someone could explain me ^^

CI isn't taken until just before/after the end of Act 10, which is ~lvl 70. Until then, you're stuck in that weird hybrid Life/ES state, so every nearby Life node makes you that less squishy. As part of the CI Switch; you refund "Discipline and Training", "Cruel Preperation", and "Heart and Soul" Because, like you noticed, CI now makes those nodes moot.
"
George20 wrote:
"
George20 wrote:
I'm at level 84 now at 6800 energy shield with discipline and I just 6 socketed my staff and I'll need to be farming more currency so in the meantime, how can I improve my gear in the meantime with 80 chaos? My character is Jasmine_Art_Patternose

Get a helm with INT on it. Get a jewel in the witch area with int.
"
EtoXzy wrote:
"
"
EtoXzy wrote:

Right now yes I'm using Spell Cascade. But I explaned in my post why I belive we don't need it.
P.S. Got an enchantment from the first run today right after my post(Lmao), so I'll try to make my setup alive and share my experience with it. Forgot to mention that EO is up almost all the time (probably because gmp and good base crit of w/o)

Spell Cascade or no, EO will be up all the time. I don't think ditching Spell Cascade does anything for you except make clear speed worse. Question is single target supports to use, not so much clear.
"
Breken wrote:
"
aldaias wrote:
i dont know how OP uses blood rage on his setup. doesnt work for me.. my es just kills me slowly everytime it activates i need to remove the bloody gem (if i need to run for miles without mobs to kill).. very unstable. so in that slot, i put vaal righteous for bossing.. more spell damage rocks!

Two ways to use blood rage without issue.. the first is Vaal Discipline, that will start your recharge and make it a non-issue.

The second is to just open your inventory and remove the blood rage gem. For instance, if it's on your gloves, just pick them up and set them back in the slot. Boom.. blood rage canceled.

I guess a third would be to get 4% ES regen from some awesome items. Watcher's Eye, and Shavronne's gambit boots are your only real option... so it would be difficult.

I hear you though, I keep going back and forth with it. May try to run without it for a bit, and maybe only pop in in for serious bossing without real invul phases.... You can certainly notice the extra healing on big hits though.

That healing is pointless.. and attack speed dont do shiet for us.. without it i heal just fine with 15k es.. that extra MORE spell dmg from vaal righteous and -25% cold pene frostbomb makes me leech more actually

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info