[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Has anybody done any testing with hypothermia + bonechill support, lets say, for the 5th and 6th slots?

From what it seems like, with all the increased chill effect + cold damage taken from bonechill it is the best option?

How would bonechill compare to cold pen support?

Personally I was thinking, WO - CwC - LL - Conc Effect - Hypo - Bonechill
Last edited by Fraktal_ on Dec 15, 2018, 7:54:04 PM
"
aldaias wrote:

That healing is pointless.. and attack speed dont do shiet for us.. without it i heal just fine with 15k es.. that extra MORE spell dmg from vaal righteous and -25% cold pene frostbomb makes me leech more actually

I agree it wouldn't be the best option, but your complaint was with Blood Rage's degen, get 4% ES regen, and you'll never notice it again. It would do nothing for bossing, or even when you have critters to kill, it would only be for downtime.

More of a thought experiment than anything else however, the opportunity cost of getting 3% or 4% ES is too high.
Another option to mitigate blood rage is for standard players who have access to legacy "soulstrike" quiver. Just have immortal call + inc duration on swap weapon setup with that quiver and your immortall call will be longer than your ES recharge starttime.

So you just swap weapon press the button and it will trigger our wicked ward ascendancy.
"
Fraktal_ wrote:
Has anybody done any testing with hypothermia + bonechill support, lets say, for the 5th and 6th slots?

From what it seems like, with all the increased chill effect + cold damage taken from bonechill it is the best option?

Chill can't be more than 30%, it is hard cap despite any "increased" that you can have.

So it will be 30% More damage at BEST, not even constant.
I like the idea of linking it to arctic armor more.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Fraktal_ wrote:

Chill can't be more than 30%, it is hard cap despite any "increased" that you can have.

So it will be 30% More damage at BEST, not even constant.
I like the idea of linking it to arctic armor more.

so my +60% chill effectiveness tooltip is not doing anything? and all the increase they give you on hypothermia + bonechill is meaningless? bonechill itself gives over 30% effect of chill so why would it be capped at 30?
Last edited by Fraktal_ on Dec 15, 2018, 9:37:45 PM
"
Breken wrote:
"
aldaias wrote:

That healing is pointless.. and attack speed dont do shiet for us.. without it i heal just fine with 15k es.. that extra MORE spell dmg from vaal righteous and -25% cold pene frostbomb makes me leech more actually

I agree it wouldn't be the best option, but your complaint was with Blood Rage's degen, get 4% ES regen, and you'll never notice it again. It would do nothing for bossing, or even when you have critters to kill, it would only be for downtime.

More of a thought experiment than anything else however, the opportunity cost of getting 3% or 4% ES is too high.

That was my thought.. as i got 2% life/mana regen on hit boot enchant and 2% life regen from tukohama pantheon.. however, i took vaal pact so lul
Hey there!
I've always wanted to try making a WI character but always felt intimidated by the amount of int required for budget reasons. I just started the league but soon after starting to map I found a 100c item on a T3 map so now Im thinking of rerolling something a bit less budget friendly.
What would you say is the minimum budget to get this going? Any general tips for someone that never played a CI build?
I've kind of hit a wall gearing wise. What should I be aiming for from here? Also what should I be gemming in my chest?
"
Ronzomanzi wrote:
I've kind of hit a wall gearing wise. What should I be aiming for from here? Also what should I be gemming in my chest?

You havnt hit a wall man, your gear is ( really) bad, no offence. Low ES stuff, all of it.

As for gems why not read the front page, browse other peoples profile. Sorry, I get grumpy with people who need to be spoon fed.

Here's my gear for example. Not all that expensive but very functional and appropriate:
"
Ronzomanzi wrote:

Your biggest upgrade will come from a better chest piece.

Everything else is acceptable in a "Good enough to map decently while you find better stuff" but that chest is really letting you down.

CI builds are very popular this league, so, lot of demand for the good rolled gear. Or, at least, during the hours I play anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info