[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
aldaias wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
aldaias wrote:
i'd rather drop the 3 skill duration nodes and get the spell damage nodes towards scion. Then try grabbing another jewel slot and slot in a pure talent.. scion gives 25 to all stats.. templar gives 5% elemental penetation.. shadow gives crit chance and witch gives max mana regen.. all works well

Erm...
I get that you used additional 2 points to connect to scion starter, and we have witch starter by default. But how did you get templar and shadow ones? lol

Well, obviously, out of all of them, only templar have value for us, but it will be additional 5 points atleast to connect it. If you count it as price, pure talent don't look that good anymore.

I took the int nodes down from trickery (near shadow) nad retribution (near templar)

Hm, then let me tell my thinking on that point.
Shadow portion of pure talent is absolutely useless for us. Our crit is high enough to be triggered 98% of the time when we are in battle, additional 0.5% crit chance is wasted on us (it's good, but not for this build with such easy elemental overload proc)
Witch's portion is good as qol, but more like "Why do you take it? -> Why not?". You will not need that mana regen, that's for sure... Unless you use full linked winter orb 20 lvl without boots enchant, i guess. But even in that case regen will still be insufficient, and you will still be forced to grind enchant.
Scion's and templar's portions are the only ones that we need, but neither of them good enough to compete with just normal rare jewel, and only both of them together barely better than it.
So, in case of scion version of this build when we can activate it by just 1 skill point in weak node - it's pretty good... when we need to use 5+ of them for this - this is rather bad deal.
But hey, it's still an option, especially if you upgrade your astramentis into rare with "12% attributes, 1% increase damage for 15 int". The moment you change amulet, you start to starving for those dex and strength stats, so pure talent will be actually great help.
But i will not try to implement this, until i change amulet.
Mhm, pick a Jewel with 12-16 Int, 8-10 Int and Str and 3rd useful mod ... spell dmg or so ... and everything is fine :)
Hello,

i really enjoy the new winter orb skill. I try to use more than just for proccing Icestorm. I currently use this setup in the map-clear stave and it feels pretty solid.

It worked a bit better on scion with fire version becouse i could use Dying sun for more Projectiles and AOE for Winter Orb.

Anybody else thinking about the idea of using Winter Orb as the map clear skill?

But i also really enjoy that Occultist version. The ES regen and the Soul of Arakalli thing feels really strong - it comes closer to the old instant leech feeling. I would never have got the idea with the Soul of Arakalli / blood rage thing - Thx for that input Kelvynn.
I'm assuming that you don't start using Blood Rage until after you get Stun Immunity from Uber Lab, right?

Or can we drop the stun-resist from Brine King earlier in this build?
"
Naramie_VI wrote:
Hello,

i really enjoy the new winter orb skill. I try to use more than just for proccing Icestorm. I currently use this setup in the map-clear stave and it feels pretty solid.

It worked a bit better on scion with fire version becouse i could use Dying sun for more Projectiles and AOE for Winter Orb.

Anybody else thinking about the idea of using Winter Orb as the map clear skill?

But i also really enjoy that Occultist version. The ES regen and the Soul of Arakalli thing feels really strong - it comes closer to the old instant leech feeling. I would never have got the idea with the Soul of Arakalli / blood rage thing - Thx for that input Kelvynn.

Currently i use 5 link version, where i just switched 1 damage gem for GMP. It actually working pretty nicely, map clear is great, usually stop to cast for a sec on rare and keep running for another 6 seconds :)
What really surprised me, that single target of that setup is great too, atleast on my 1.3k int setup. It's because we won't receive damage penality for having spell cascade, so it's basically a full 5-link single target setup, with full 6-link winter orb setup as a bonus :) (and those overlaping aoe of WO is pretty comparable to our loss of damage due to only 1 gem)
The only thing that pressuring me - mana problem. Will be gone after getting boots enchant, but i don't really want enchanting boots that i gonna change after, so i'm in a bind :(
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 14, 2018, 6:30:37 PM
"
Hm, then let me tell my thinking on that point.
Shadow portion of pure talent is absolutely useless for us. Our crit is high enough to be triggered 98% of the time when we are in battle, additional 0.5% crit chance is wasted on us (it's good, but not for this build with such easy elemental overload proc)
Witch's portion is good as qol, but more like "Why do you take it? -> Why not?". You will not need that mana regen, that's for sure... Unless you use full linked winter orb 20 lvl without boots enchant, i guess. But even in that case regen will still be insufficient, and you will still be forced to grind enchant.
Scion's and templar's portions are the only ones that we need, but neither of them good enough to compete with just normal rare jewel, and only both of them together barely better than it.
So, in case of scion version of this build when we can activate it by just 1 skill point in weak node - it's pretty good... when we need to use 5+ of them for this - this is rather bad deal.
But hey, it's still an option, especially if you upgrade your astramentis into rare with "12% attributes, 1% increase damage for 15 int". The moment you change amulet, you start to starving for those dex and strength stats, so pure talent will be actually great help.
But i will not try to implement this, until i change amulet.

Well the thing is you guys took the nodes for the resist near scion right? the 10% all resist+cold and lightning resist, then that 1 jewel slot. i dont take that.. and my resist are 90/90/90. which is also beneficial for my wise oak. so with that 4 free points i take scion and templar.. you are right about shadow being useless, i respec those and managed to take more damage nodes. as for amulet wise, astra is good.. 100 to all is still better than 9% attributes (thats the only 1 in market so far and going for 1 mirror) because our belt gives 1% dmg per 5 dex that's 25% damage..)

Unless of course you can get the best out of an amulet (30% cold dmg, at least 70 int, 12% attribute, 10% penetration and 1% dmg per 15 int) then yes switch astramentis lol
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Naramie_VI wrote:
Hello,

Currently i use 5 link version, where i just switched 1 damage gem for GMP. It actually working pretty nicely, map clear is great, usually stop to cast for a sec on rare and keep running for another 6 seconds :)
What really surprised me, that single target of that setup is great too, atleast on my 1.3k int setup. It's because we won't receive damage penality for having spell cascade, so it's basically a full 5-link single target setup, with full 6-link winter orb setup as a bonus :) (and those overlaping aoe of WO is pretty comparable to our loss of damage due to only 1 gem)
The only thing that pressuring me - mana problem. Will be gone after getting boots enchant, but i don't really want enchanting boots that i gonna change after, so i'm in a bind :(

Thx for your feedback. I never thought about the idea of Conc effect for clear speed stave, becouse i thought i need bigger aoe for winter orb. Also skilles some AOE Notes. But it's even faster with conc effect.

The inc duration support + the second duration cluster is really quality of life.
"
Med1umentor wrote:

I kinda want to try this, and I will if Eleron ever drops a damn -x mana to skills veiled mod for me. *grumble* I have a prefix open for it and everything. Once I get that, the 5 linked Winter orb should be free, or nearly so.
"
aldaias wrote:
Well the thing is you guys took the nodes for the resist near scion right? the 10% all resist+cold and lightning resist, then that 1 jewel slot. i dont take that.. and my resist are 90/90/90. which is also beneficial for my wise oak. so with that 4 free points i take scion and templar.. you are right about shadow being useless, i respec those and managed to take more damage nodes. as for amulet wise, astra is good.. 100 to all is still better than 9% attributes (thats the only 1 in market so far and going for 1 mirror) because our belt gives 1% dmg per 5 dex that's 25% damage..)

Unless of course you can get the best out of an amulet (30% cold dmg, at least 70 int, 12% attribute, 10% penetration and 1% dmg per 15 int) then yes switch astramentis lol

About shaper's amulet, you are vastly underestimating that thing.
Just try to put it into PoB, changing astra into basic "12% attribute, 1 dmg per 15 int, crafted int" will already boost damage by 18%. If i put your suggested amulet, it would be entire 35% MORE damage.

And about 9% for 1 mirror - lol, only yesterday i saw 2 different amu with 2 mods (attributes+dmg per int) for 3 exa both. I almost starting to think that we play different games entirely :)
"
Breken wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:

I kinda want to try this, and I will if Eleron ever drops a damn -x mana to skills veiled mod for me. *grumble* I have a prefix open for it and everything. Once I get that, the 5 linked Winter orb should be free, or nearly so.

My 5linked orb cost 16 mana, so no, it will not be free. And even 3 lvl of this mod that cost in exalts will be able to only half that number :)
So just give up and get the boots enchant lol
P.S. By the way, i also really want that elreon mod, but i don't have elreon in sindicate anymore :(

And i'm pretty sure that only person himself can drop veiled item with his unique modificator.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 14, 2018, 7:33:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info