[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
aldaias wrote:
Well the thing is you guys took the nodes for the resist near scion right? the 10% all resist+cold and lightning resist, then that 1 jewel slot. i dont take that.. and my resist are 90/90/90. which is also beneficial for my wise oak. so with that 4 free points i take scion and templar.. you are right about shadow being useless, i respec those and managed to take more damage nodes. as for amulet wise, astra is good.. 100 to all is still better than 9% attributes (thats the only 1 in market so far and going for 1 mirror) because our belt gives 1% dmg per 5 dex that's 25% damage..)

Unless of course you can get the best out of an amulet (30% cold dmg, at least 70 int, 12% attribute, 10% penetration and 1% dmg per 15 int) then yes switch astramentis lol

About shaper's amulet, you are vastly underestimating that thing.
Just try to put it into PoB, changing astra into basic "12% attribute, 1 dmg per 15 int, crafted int" will already boost damage by 18%. If i put your suggested amulet, it would be entire 35% MORE damage.

And about 9% for 1 mirror - lol, only yesterday i saw 2 different amu with 2 mods (attributes+dmg per int) for 3 exa both. I almost starting to think that we play different games entirely :)

Lol.. nah same game maybe you saw in betrayal? i dont play betrayal only std.. and the 9% attribute i didnt write the whole stats down.. he had 80 int, 10% dmg penetration, 1% dmg per 15 int and 9% attribute.

Oh and dont try to put GMP onto winter orb to bother with clear speed.. it lowers damage of both winter orb and icestorm without benefiting ice storm at all.. and dont bother with increased aoe gem.. useless.. conc is big enough to clear and waaaaay more dmg
"
aldaias wrote:

Oh and dont try to put GMP onto winter orb to bother with clear speed.. it lowers damage of both winter orb and icestorm without benefiting ice storm at all..

GMP is essential for Winter Orb to do good dps, since those snowy balls overlap a.k.a shotgun mobs. Not very familiar with this build, but other Winter Orb builds almost always use GMP.
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Dec 14, 2018, 8:13:50 PM
"
aldaias wrote:
Lol.. nah same game maybe you saw in betrayal? i dont play betrayal only std.. and the 9% attribute i didnt write the whole stats down.. he had 80 int, 10% dmg penetration, 1% dmg per 15 int and 9% attribute.

Oh and dont try to put GMP onto winter orb to bother with clear speed.. it lowers damage of both winter orb and icestorm without benefiting ice storm at all.. and dont bother with increased aoe gem.. useless.. conc is big enough to clear and waaaaay more dmg

Oh, in that case it kinda cost a mirror, but i will repeat, even just 2 stats together (attributes and dmg per int) is 18% MORE damage if compared with astra. It will probably force you to add 2 additional nodes with +30 str and dex, but it very well worth it. With some machination and good pricey gear, you can do it without even wasting those skillpoints.

And about GMP, did you tried it, or just think so? Just so you know, icestorm can't be supported with GMP, so it will not lower the damage (only by a fact that one of the slots is "empty"), and winter orb can "shotgun" with its projectiles. Meaning that we give up 26% damage of each projectiles, but it fires 5 instead of 1. They all are pretty accurate, so it will not be mistake to say that this gem makes damage 74%*5=370%, like 270% MORE modificator.
Y'all just need to have a clear staff and a bossing staff to switch between. I've got winter's orb + GMP + Life Leech + CWC + Hypothermia for clear and switching out GMP/Spell Cascade for Cold Pen/Conc Effect in the boss staff.

Winter's Orb feels great clearing because there's a huge risk in the initial icestorm landing phase. 5 link winter's orb really sucks up mana though.

GMP is essential for Winter Orb to do good dps, since those snowy balls overlap a.k.a shotgun mobs. Not very familiar with this build, but other Winter Orb builds almost always use GMP.[/quote]

in this instance icestorm is our damage dealer.. reducing its damage is pointless
"
aldaias wrote:

in this instance icestorm is our damage dealer.. reducing its damage is pointless

You are not reducing its damage, GMP will not support icestorm, so it will be just 5link icestorm, with 6link supported winter orb in exchange for that last gem. Which is quite comparable, atleast for now when i have 1.4k int. Lets see how it would be when i have 2k int, but that would be in late future.
"
Khako wrote:
Y'all just need to have a clear staff and a bossing staff to switch between. I've got winter's orb + GMP + Life Leech + CWC + Hypothermia for clear and switching out GMP/Spell Cascade for Cold Pen/Conc Effect in the boss staff.

Winter's Orb feels great clearing because there's a huge risk in the initial icestorm landing phase. 5 link winter's orb really sucks up mana though.

Meh. Costs a whopping 2 mana with -7 mana cost craft.

Got high enough to get all the Conversion Jewel Sockets, and I crafted that on my Gloves so I'm happily Ignite Immune now.

Unfortunately the Int+Quality one can't be crafted on nat Int rolled gear, but All Attributes and Int+Str/Dex can
Which rare/unique body armor do you recommend when reaching high levels ?
Last edited by Thezibaim on Dec 15, 2018, 6:37:43 AM
"
Thezibaim wrote:
Which rare/unique body armor do you recommend when reaching high levels ?

600+ es shaped vaal regalia with % increased intelligence

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info