[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
aldaias wrote:
I had a blast playing this build thank you very much!
Although its played on standard, meh i got OP gear there so decided to remake my version 1.0 witch into this.

At lvl 87 i got nearly 1.9k int and truck load of ES (14.7k) the tankiness is beyond..

However a few pointers i did on my own is that i took zealot as well, so to make sure that tukohama pantheon is well worth it for bossing.. 2% of 14k es is godly. On top of that despite trying so many uber lab i only ended up with 2% life and mana regen on hit enchantment.. So with that i got a nice 4% es regen.. 2% life leech from gem.. thats constant 6% life regen..

current items :) yet to test uber elder but with immune to all 3 ailments, and the new asendency to immune to chill.. shouldnt be an issue just keep calm and chill the enemies (literally)

All in all thanks for this awesome build!

Zealot's with VP?

What is VP? Vile bastion? I know its overkill but after 20 tries in uber lab and no life/mana leech i gave up lol
With the new mastercraft system, can you craft hybrid stuff when they have the singular version? Primarily, Int+Quality or Str+Int when they already have Int?

Just upgraded my lousy gloves, and they come with a resist mastercraft I don't really need (I'll be, like, 1% under cap if I remove it which I'm fine with, if there's a worthwhile upgrade since I can make it up when I upgrade my rings).
"
aldaias wrote:

What is VP? Vile bastion? I know its overkill but after 20 tries in uber lab and no life/mana leech i gave up lol

No, VP stands for Vaal Pact.

This build is making use of Vaal Pact in order to greatly increase the effectiveness of leech. The downside of Vaal Pact is that life regen (and thus Zealot's Oath) has no effect.

What I mean is that while you may have thought that your survivability was great as a result of your added regen from enchants and other places, they have in fact had literally zero impact on anything, as they do not work at all. Leech is your hero. :)

Btw, I also do not think it is wise to give up Vaal Pact in order to get regen instead, even with all regen combined, it doesn't hold a candle to the power of doubling your leech cap in a build like this.

Regen scales off your maximum amount of ES, but so does the leech cap. And your damage is so incredibly high and with such high frequency (overlapping storms) that you're at the leech cap in a fraction of a second whenever you drop below 100% ES.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Dec 14, 2018, 9:11:43 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
aldaias wrote:

No, VP stands for Vaal Pact.

This build is making use of Vaal Pact in order to greatly increase the effectiveness of leech. The downside of Vaal Pact is that life regen (and thus Zealot's Oath) has no effect.

What I mean is that while you may have thought that your survivability was great as a result of your added regen from enchants and other places, they have in fact had literally zero impact on anything, as they do not work at all. Leech is your hero. :)

Btw, I also do not think it is wise to give up Vaal Pact in order to get regen instead, even with all regen combined, it doesn't hold a candle to the power of doubling your leech cap in a build like this.

Oh !@#$ yea.. vaal pact.. i completely forgot.. lol.. ok then back to more grinding at labs.. sigh =(
"
Zephryl wrote:
I've got all three Dex>Int Conversions running, unless I missed a fourth somewhere.

Looks like I'll have to nab it via Rings or Jewels then, when I get to that point.

The Currency gods were cruel to me while levelling, so I'm still using some absolute garbage items. (Like my gloves, Intless and low ES but they dropped with 3 alt colours so I can run a bunch of my support stuff in there).

Good to know it wasn't just me though, I was worried I'd missed something, just means I have to pay a bit of attention when buying or corrupting.

There are 4 Dex to Int conversions with Fertile Mind used in this build. See my screenshot from PoB. If you do all 4 you will get with 0 not converted Dex nodes traversed by the tree (same as Str)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ptbTGHu.jpg[/img]
Ah I missed the one off Harrier, thanks!

I'll have to nab it after Brute Force Solutions then, since I started towards that already.

Does that mean the node below Harrier isn't converted by the others? I thought it was just within the radius of the other one.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:
I've got all three Dex>Int Conversions running, unless I missed a fourth somewhere.

Looks like I'll have to nab it via Rings or Jewels then, when I get to that point.

The Currency gods were cruel to me while levelling, so I'm still using some absolute garbage items. (Like my gloves, Intless and low ES but they dropped with 3 alt colours so I can run a bunch of my support stuff in there).

Good to know it wasn't just me though, I was worried I'd missed something, just means I have to pay a bit of attention when buying or corrupting.

There are 4 Dex to Int conversions with Fertile Mind used in this build. See my screenshot from PoB. If you do all 4 you will get with 0 not converted Dex nodes traversed by the tree (same as Str)

That doesn't convert more dex than 3 Fertile Minds though. It still leaves the dex near VP unconverted as you simply can't reach those. At best you will have equal str/dex, but you still need to tip it in favour of strength to get the ignite immunity.

"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:

i'd rather drop the 3 skill duration nodes and get the spell damage nodes towards scion. Then try grabbing another jewel slot and slot in a pure talent.. scion gives 25 to all stats.. templar gives 5% elemental penetation.. shadow gives crit chance and witch gives max mana regen.. all works well
"
Zephryl wrote:

I'll have to nab it after Brute Force Solutions then, since I started towards that already.

Does that mean the node below Harrier isn't converted by the others? I thought it was just within the radius of the other one.

Nah, it's outside the range. The range (the blue line) has to cross the middle of the passive node in order to activate, not just "touch" it. Either way, if you use PoB or try it in-game, it'll show you by lighting up hovering over your jewel or checking if the node gives +10 dex or int. If int, hurrah, if dex, no bueno.

"
Zephryl wrote:

Seems it doesn't.

"
Xavathos wrote:

That doesn't convert more dex than 3 Fertile Minds though. It still leaves the dex near VP unconverted as you simply can't reach those. At best you will have equal str/dex, but you still need to tip it in favour of strength to get the ignite immunity.

Forgot about those Dex nodes near VP! :)
But yes with 4x Fertile Mind your Dex and Str will be equal which unfortunately doesn't resolve the Ignite imune condition granted by Cyclopean Coil belt. (Str>Dex)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 14, 2018, 9:24:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info