[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Breken wrote:
I was just able to facetank a boosted T16 Colosseum boss without any issue. The ES on hit watcher's eye is pretty much required for the highest content.

Only battle I've had problems with so far was the damn Mastermind battle, that's murder on CI, It's very mechanical and made me miss my "fire and forget" VD poet's pen build. I would suggest not using blood rage during that battle.

I'm running with 1800 int and 10k ES, if the boss doesn't move out of my icestorm, and gives me 6-10 seconds to channel.. they just melt.

The build tops out at around 2000-2100 int I think. At those levels, the damage is very real.

Could You link the character You have used to achieve that please, since the current WI builds in your account is highly doubtful that can run anything above T10.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
"
Breken wrote:
I was just able to facetank a boosted T16 Colosseum boss without any issue. The ES on hit watcher's eye is pretty much required for the highest content.

Only battle I've had problems with so far was the damn Mastermind battle, that's murder on CI, It's very mechanical and made me miss my "fire and forget" VD poet's pen build. I would suggest not using blood rage during that battle.

I'm running with 1800 int and 10k ES, if the boss doesn't move out of my icestorm, and gives me 6-10 seconds to channel.. they just melt.

The build tops out at around 2000-2100 int I think. At those levels, the damage is very real.

Could You link the character You have used to achieve that please, since the current WI builds in your account is highly doubtful that can run anything above T10.

How about you enable public acc, so we can see your build?
Most important stat for this build is INT. More INT means more damage, more leech/hit, more ES.
The Ascendant cold to fire conversion can top at above 2400 INT (some people got those values in Dvelve league if i can remember, myself got to 2200 INT in Dwelve league with my lv 97 Ascendant - https://pastebin.com/pNvEiJZh).

The Occultist version i think can top around 2100-2200 INT with proper gear(50-55 INT in every piece of armor, 5-6% increased INT from corruption on rings and belt, shaper amulet with +INT, + attributes, + %increased attributes, Shaper Vaal Regalia with % increased INT , Emperor's Mastery/Emperor's Wit jewels).

Second important stat is ES, more ES means higher leech cap.

Watcher's Eye jewel with +ES gain on hit is very nice to have but is not a must for this build to do all the content.

Running more curses for end game top bosses is useless since bosses can mitigate curses by a lot.Having more than one course (Enfeeble) at the same time is good when clearing high level mines (400+) where normal mobs hit very hard compared to maps mobs.

"
BlazeSTX wrote:

I am running on the build with all 20/20 gems, it is in the best case 20 TIMES slower than mine regularly Cyclone build, with 3 TIMES lower survivability.

Yet probably I am missing something. ( waiting for the full guide ) and as I've noted above my INT is pretty much low - just 1300 ( in exchange for 2 curses and 10k ES )

Your INT value says all about the experience you feel with this build, 1300 INT is pretty bad when it comes to end game content for WI, you may even have 15K ES, until you wont get your INT higher your experience with the build will be not what was expected when it comes to end content.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 14, 2018, 4:01:56 AM
"
Bananaderson wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
lolepple wrote:
I fully agree!
I would only consider using a different gem than Life Leech for mapping, once I have the Watchers Eye.

Any suggestion on a DPS gem?

The best one you can use is Controlled Destruction. Elemental Focus is higher damage but... wouldn't recommend it for obvious reasons. Controlled Destruction does remove any and all crit increasing nodes you may have on the tree though. You may want to move those into other damage nodes instead.

Not sure what you mean by "Controlled Destruction does remove any and all crit increasing nodes you may have on the tree"

CD just says "100% reduced critical strike chance", not less, meaning that those crit nodes will partially offset the downside of CD. Also, CD can't lower the critical strike chance below 5%. And, if you don't link CD with Winter Orb, that skill has a 9% chance to crit (base 6% plus 50% increased from our tree), which should be enough to enable Elemental Overload. And you really shouldn't need the extra damage from Elemental Overload on trash anyway.

Yes... but we only have a few crit nodes, not going over 100%, so if we take it, we nullify all of them. Namely Snowforged, but personally also run with Ice golem, which would do nothing with Controlled Destruction.

I'm addressing this build, not builds in general.

Considering how easy it is to keep EO up in this build though, it's still our best option for damage outside the other already mentioned links. Like I said, Ele Focus is better, taking away the chill/freeze on storms though... personally I wouldn't. Not the end of the world though.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Dec 14, 2018, 6:53:40 AM
why do we run Sulphur Flask ? :)
no zealot's oath am i missing something ?
"
SkwizY wrote:

Sulphur Flask was used in all versions of the build for the %Damage increased implicit. For Ascendant version (Elementalist-Inquisitor) was even better cause it created Consecrated Ground which removed/made us imune to all the elemental ailments while standing on it due to Inquisitor Ascendancy).
Another use of it was that you can craft it to Chemist Sulphur Flask of Staunching/Warding to get 4 usages out of it and remove bleeding/courses which helps with mapping experience.

We never used this flask for Zealot's Oath.

"
Xavathos wrote:

Yes... but we only have a few crit nodes, not going over 100%, so if we take it, we nullify all of them. Namely Snowforged, but personally also run with Ice golem, which would do nothing with Controlled Destruction.

I'm addressing this build, not builds in general.

This is not a crit build, so Controlled Destruction in staff setup does not affects us at all as long as it is not linked with Winter Orb(which is used to trigger Elemental Overload). My crit chance with Winter Orb according to PoB is 9% with/without Controlled Destruction socketed in staff. Snowforged and Light of Divinity nodes are not taken for the %increased critical strike chance anyway, there are other stats in these nodes that are useful for us.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 14, 2018, 4:37:08 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
SkwizY wrote:

Sulphur Flask was used in all versions of the build for the %Damage increased implicit. For Ascendant version (Elementalist-Inquisitor) was even better cause it created Consecrated Ground which removed all the elemental ailments on use while on it due to Inquisitor Ascendancy).
Another use of it was that you can craft it to Chemist Sulphur Flask of Staunching/Warding to get 4 usages out of it and remove bleeding/courses which helps with mapping experience.

We never used this flask for Zealot's Oath.

ty
Last edited by SkwizY on Dec 14, 2018, 4:34:46 AM
"
BlazeSTX wrote:

My character Deep_Dark_Ice was able to run up to T13 maps so far, and its shit AF gear. I'm not even using IC or bloodrage right now, since I'm low on fusings/chromas. Stats are 1350 int, 7k ES. The syndicate hurts, and I wasn't able to facetank the 3 Racecourse bosses.

You must be doing something horribly wrong to struggle in T10 with 10k or whatever ES u had lul
Last edited by Jangri on Dec 14, 2018, 5:15:09 AM
Just messing around a bit with stuff, got the reworked malachai's artifice which gives us free EE(socket a blue or red gem) so i swapped cold pen with controlled destruction in the staff. I must say it feels good. Ofcourse you are missing out on int and have to work around the -20 to all res.
had not so much time to play this build in that version this league. It feels good with trash clearing. For me much better then the sc version since many mobs eplode and thats faster then bevor.

The survaviblity is bad. I have a really hard time to survie the syndicate. And if the janus boy come in (and he always did it ) in the one portal zana maps i am dead. the act bosses are funny and no problem but the syndicate is not tankable with this build what is a pain. The leech isnt enought. thats a new experience since in last league i could tank shaper beem and all map bosses.
Will see how it works if i have the uber lab and better gear.

for me it looks like the survability is bad, the clear speed better.

i die always instantly at a reflect mob. Thats new and bad.

The most poor thing is a cosmetical.

with sc i had a nice red or grey beam with ice rain.

now i have some grappy blips and the ice rain as usual. WO appearance is really shit.

the thing i most miss is reflect immunity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info