[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
redblack17 wrote:
Hi i've just got a question.

I can't seem to get the channeling winter orb going. Does it need exactly 4l + 2l?
Because i got nog 3L + 1 + 2L(ofr winter orb at the bottom of the staff) but i cant cast ice storm...

You only need 2L on two blue sockets so Icestorm gets tied into CwC WO. The other four sockets can be left unlinked.

Im thinking about starting this build tomorrow because of that talisman. Im using my ice golems elementalist to farm uber elder but im looking for something that can face tank the uber elder fight. Can you face tank uber elder?
If you got a 6L chest by accident what other gem would you support the CWDT chain? or maybe a different setup completely?
"
Deziowy wrote:

Im thinking about starting this build tomorrow because of that talisman. Im using my ice golems elementalist to farm uber elder but im looking for something that can face tank the uber elder fight. Can you face tank uber elder?

1. This amulet will add on the base stats you have, not on the top of the all modified ones I believe.
2. This build - I am still having trouble on T13 maps bosses, and I highly doubt that it could pass ever t15 maps. Most likely the Elder is a great no-no for it.
If this was PoE 2.4 the answer would be - maybe, but now is "I highly doubt in this".

*Note that I am runing modified version of it and I have 10k ES, 2 curses, cap leach, but my INT is a bit lower than the original build. So I would really love to see this build in a video runing freely T15 map like most of HP builds.
( since 1 HP = 2.5 ES, therefore we are practically ruining 4k HP builds without potion regen :'( )
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Dec 14, 2018, 12:57:45 AM
"
BlazeSTX wrote:

2. This build - I am still having trouble on T13 maps bosses, and I highly doubt that it could pass ever t15 maps. Most likely the Elder is a great no-no for it.
If this was PoE 2.4 the answer would be - maybe, but now is "I highly doubt in this".

*Note that I am runing modified version of it and I have 10k ES, 2 curses, cap leach, but my INT is a bit lower than the original build. So I would really love to see this build in a video runing freely T15 map like most of HP builds.
( since 1 HP = 2.5 ES, therefore we are practically ruining 4k HP builds without potion regen :'( )

If you have trouble with T13 bosses with 10K ES than you are doing something wrong. Make your account public so we can see your gear and tree. This build can do Uber Elder with appropriate gear without no problem. Also this build can do any map no matter the impossible combo of map attributes again with no problem. My pc is bad for recording, I am currently running T13 also with "only" 9K ES and dont see any issues at all and this with mediocre gear which I got in these 6 days of the league.

Here is a video from 3.4 from thread owner from killing a 513 depth Aul with bad mods, having only 11K ES.

https://youtu.be/C2FLbhNGtyM

If you say that 1HP is ~2.5ES I dare you to show me builds (not invulnerable ones or multiple mirrors gear ones) that can kill bosses like that Aul with under 5K HP
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 14, 2018, 2:42:51 AM
I find the damage pretty meh right now, I'm missing on quality gems and some jewel sockets etc, but overall the damage seems like its nothing amazing and mapping is kinda slow, to be expected with a WI built.
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
I find the damage pretty meh right now, I'm missing on quality gems and some jewel sockets etc, but overall the damage seems like its nothing amazing and mapping is kinda slow, to be expected with a WI built.

I am running on the build with all 20/20 gems, it is in the best case 20 TIMES slower than mine regularly Cyclone build, with 3 TIMES lower survivability.

Yet probably I am missing something. ( waiting for the full guide ) and as I've noted above my INT is pretty much low - just 1300 ( in exchange for 2 curses and 10k ES )

What's Yours ?
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Dec 14, 2018, 3:10:23 AM
I was just able to facetank a boosted T16 Colosseum boss without any issue. The ES on hit watcher's eye is pretty much required for the highest content.

Only battle I've had problems with so far was the damn Mastermind battle, that's murder on CI, It's very mechanical and made me miss my "fire and forget" VD poet's pen build. I would suggest not using blood rage during that battle.

I'm running with 1800 int and 10k ES, if the boss doesn't move out of my icestorm, and gives me 6-10 seconds to channel.. they just melt.

The build tops out at around 2000-2100 int I think. At those levels, the damage is very real.
Last edited by Breken on Dec 14, 2018, 3:13:49 AM
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

I am running on the build with all 20/20 gems, it is in the best case 20 TIMES slower than mine regularly Cyclone build, with 3 TIMES lower survivability.

Yet probably I am missing something. ( waiting for the full guide ) and as I've noted above my INT is pretty much low - just 1300 ( in exchange for 2 curses and 10k ES )

What's Yours ?

As the guy said above, you are doing something wrong then. I got 9k es and running tier 14+ maps no problem with nasty mods.
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

Just loaded your build up in POB.
Dump the mana leech support in WI. If you have mana problems, just link a level 1 Winter Orb with cast while channeling, (and make sure it's not linked to anything else) Natural mana regen should be more than enough to sustain that.

You have 1259 int... that's not horrible, but int is both your damage and your ES. You want ALL the int.

Your tree is looking decent, but you have one weakish jewel, and another jewel slot that you can allocate next level. Those two jewel slots could give you at 32 base int easily.

As far as gear goes, you could try replacing your helmet with one containing more int.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info