[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Thanks for the build guide, Kelvynn. It's working pretty well for me so far, though I haven't gotten that far yet.

All the leveling hardship was expected and I don't blame the build for it at all. Betrayal is VERY hard on the squishies regardless, which is exactly what we are until we are properly geared with CI.

I've changed a few minor things and some links/gems to my own personal preferences. In case anyone asks, I'll leave my PoB here: https://pastebin.com/Pt4sMvLU
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
So, about this item. Is this not good for us?

I mean it is basically a secondary Herald, no? The downside is the lack of intelligence, so....
"
Oldern365 wrote:

I mean it is basically a secondary Herald, no? The downside is the lack of intelligence, so....

Well, you are not wrong, but the point is - herald sucks :)

Herald of ash was great, by giving us MORE multiplier, but herald of ice giving us almost useless flat damage that we already amassing through int. Moreover, icestorm have pretty terrible "added damage effectiveness" of 30%. tl;dr, herald of ice there almost completely for the sake of explosions :)

Can run it through path of building though, but i rather not. We in quite of need of res on rings, and if i will give up ring slot to maximize damage - i would rather use malachai's artifice with lightning golem inside.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Oldern365 wrote:

Moreover, icestorm have pretty terrible "added damage effectiveness" of 30%. tl;dr, herald of ice there completely for the sake of explosions :)

Fixed that for you. ;)

Tasalio's is better for builds that scale with flat damage, like a build involving the Frostbreath one-hand mace. It's glorious there.

Last edited by Xavathos on Dec 10, 2018, 1:52:20 PM
Appreciate the response! That makes sense.

Keeping it at level 1 seemed to hurt me more because I had blood rage all the time which actually kinda sucked. So I understand now what you mean.

Thanks!
Thanks, you both are right, I did not know about the damage scaling part of the Icestorm. Well, that puts some things in perspective for me.
I had a Might of the Meek drop for me, and it's kinda broken for this build in the witch area jewel slot. This one jewel gives me:

45 Intelligence
35 increased Cold damage
2% chance to freeze
5% effect of chill
15% chill duration
10% freeze duration.
2 passive points

At a cost of:
35% increased cold damage (break even)
15% cold resistance

It also opens up for consideration:
a 15% elemental damage node
a 18% cold damage node
a 7% max ES, 15% Recharge rate, 7 mana regen node
a 15 int node
2 12 increased flask effect nodes.

only drawback is that the Jewel is bit on expensive side though.....
Last edited by Breken on Dec 10, 2018, 2:00:48 PM
"
Breken wrote:
I had a Might of the Meek drop for me, and it's kinda broken for this build in the witch area jewel slot. This one jewel gives me:

only drawback is that the Jewel is bit on expensive side though.....

Give it a while, they'll go down fast. :)

Finally got my starting mapping gear in order, so woohoo to being resist capped and having 5k energy shield.

Things to do: acquire 2 energy shield nodes, at least 1 int node, take and fill jewel nodes, and if I ever get more jewelers orbs to at least 5 socket my staff (having horrible luck socketing things this league).

Considering I've never played an energy shield character before and the crazy league mechanics things haven't been going too badly. Me dying over 200 times before mapping is well just that I'm a not a great poe player.

Overall after a few bumps I'm having fun with this build.
<3
we don't need flask with suffix "of Heat" as we cannot be Frozen (from Frigid Wake)
p.s. for Soul of Arakaali pantheon we need soul of Jungle Valley Map (Queen of the Great Tangle) and not Arachnoxia's soul.
just a little typo that can confuse new players

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info