[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Breken wrote:
I had a Might of the Meek drop for me, and it's kinda broken for this build in the witch area jewel slot. This one jewel gives me:

45 Intelligence
35 increased Cold damage
2% chance to freeze
5% effect of chill
15% chill duration
10% freeze duration.
2 passive points

At a cost of:
35% increased cold damage (break even)
15% cold resistance

It also opens up for consideration:
a 15% elemental damage node
a 18% cold damage node
a 7% max ES, 15% Recharge rate, 7 mana regen node
a 15 int node
2 12 increased flask effect nodes.

only drawback is that the Jewel is bit on expensive side though.....

PoB says it will be an upgrade over a good rare jewel at high levels. Not a big one though. The damage is almost the same, but you get a little more ES from Int. If you manage to cross into the next 100 Int then it will be a little more damage too. Overall: a small upgrade.
"
GiveDiretide wrote:
we don't need flask with suffix "of Heat" as we cannot be Frozen (from Frigid Wake)
p.s. for Soul of Arakaali pantheon we need soul of Jungle Valley Map (Queen of the Great Tangle) and not Arachnoxia's soul.
just a little typo that can confuse new players

They changed the bosses for the pantheon powers in 3.5. Apparently, that upgrade is on a different spider now. Fixed.

Where do you see a mention of the flask of Heat? Some leftover from the fire-based Ascendant build probably.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
jerrymathew wrote:
How is this build with bonechill?

Bonechill only affects Arctic Armour in this build, but that's actually enough to make it work.

Arctic Armor is just a guaranteed chill but all cold damage has a chance to chill. I'm personally using it with Frost Bomb as it does enough damage to chill while also applying Arcane Surge/-25% cold res. I dropped Ancestral Call from Vigilant Strike to make room for this for now.
"
Skiller41 wrote:
Awesome guide so far.

Any thoughts on whether this build will handle uber elder well?

See the Uber Elder videos from the 3.4 version (Ascendant). The Occultist will take slightly longer but will be much safer.
"
NarberalGamma wrote:

I think I just found the easiest way to sustain mana on boss fights

I found an even easier one :)

Elreon mod is now a craftable prefix! That's just perfect. Rings for this build often have an empty prefix.

I'm using high lv Winter Orb now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 11, 2018, 3:30:13 AM
"
ReitanRyu wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
jerrymathew wrote:
How is this build with bonechill?

Bonechill only affects Arctic Armour in this build, but that's actually enough to make it work.

Arctic Armor is just a guaranteed chill but all cold damage has a chance to chill. I'm personally using it with Frost Bomb as it does enough damage to chill while also applying Arcane Surge/-25% cold res. I dropped Ancestral Call from Vigilant Strike to make room for this for now.

I'm still not sure about the best way to incorporate Bonechill.

AA would be good against bosses that hit you often, but there is a mana reservation issue.

Frost Bomb hits only when it explodes, I doubt that it will do enough damage to apply chill on top bosses, and even if it does, it will be a very brief chill, once in 3 sec - not worth it.

Cold Snap seems to the best candidate so far: it creates long lasting chilling ground. But that's 2 sockets and an extra key to press... Can drop Ancestral Call, of course. But then the other free socket was meant for WM when we find how to craft +1 curse. And AC is a very convenient gem to swap for PoF for things like Phoenix and Uber Atziri.

Eventually I would like to use Bonechill. But so far no clear solution. Ideas are welcome.
Minor update:

Swapped the lv 92 socket near CI for the one below the Scion start. I kinda forgot about that one, but it's clearly better: useful resists instead of useless mana, and the build is complete 1 level earlier.

Updated all trees to 3.5 (with the current Ascendancy).

Added a section on Blood Rage. It's extremely powerful, but it's a little tricky to use.

I'm going to be scarce for a few days. Let me know how things go.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 11, 2018, 3:57:35 AM
I'm currently not having any issues with mana but I don't have Winter's Orb linked any further than CWC. As for AA+Bonechill if mana is solved for most then as of right now I still have 155 mana left over after linking AA+Bonechill but it seems that is only beneficial for bosses whereas Bonechill with Frostbomb seemed good for beginning of league running into yellows/uniques.

Have you found a way to get 3 off colors other than melting chroms because it seems they removed the 2socket and 3socket crafting options.

EDIT: Configured staff for WO+CWC+Hypo mana is still fine at this point but adding Leech seemed to cause problems.
Last edited by ReitanRyu on Dec 11, 2018, 3:58:09 AM
Is there any particular reason we grab Void Beacon as the first ascendancy upgrade?
"
ReitanRyu wrote:
I'm currently not having any issues with mana but I don't have Winter's Orb linked any further than CWC. As for AA+Bonechill if mana is solved for most then as of right now I still have 155 mana left over after linking AA+Bonechill but it seems that is only beneficial for bosses whereas Bonechill with Frostbomb seemed good for beginning of league running into yellows/uniques.

Have you found a way to get 3 off colors other than melting chroms because it seems they removed the 2socket and 3socket crafting options.

EDIT: Configured staff for WO+CWC+Hypo mana is still fine at this point but adding Leech seemed to cause problems.

Frost Bomb does a huge amount of damage to low level trash. But I'm afraid it won't be good against endgame bosses. Chills below a certain threshold are discarded.

No clue where to find the 2S and 3S recipes yet. Found 4S and 5S in the delves. Reddit doesn't have 2S and 3S either. I hope they get found soon. Coloring everything the old way for now... #feelsbadman

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info