[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Med1umentor wrote:
Also, in that league i have a strange bug.

While i chanelling winter orb, sometimes my character goes in "apeshit mode" when he appeared to start channeling and canceling that in the same moment, almost the same way as you don't have sufficient mana, and you just start and stop infinitely. But i checked and confirmed that my mana was almost full.

Don't know what the reason of that issue - new winter orb, or entirely channeling mechanic become broken in that league...

P.S. And about inability of using "malachai's artifice" together with herald of ice. Isn't it easily solvable by initial use aka "put golem in it", instead of storm brand.
Golems wouldn't get the effect of our heralds, right?

Same bug here, very annoying and dangerous when our survival depends of leeching.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Well... don't do those things. :)

Why are you using level 1 winter orb?? Its about mana spend? Im shocked right now
Hello, what do you think about using Doedre's Scorn and having the CWDT setup there for the curse?

And also, would it be a good idea to use Sin Trek boots instead of rare ones?

Build is great btw. :D
"
Gorrinako wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Why are you using level 1 winter orb?? Its about mana spend? Im shocked right now

Because winter orb is useless shit. Sorry for my language.

I'm so bummed, i was so excited waiting for winter orb, thought that it will be better for our clear potential.

But nope, kelvynn probably thinks same way. So winter orb becomes only just for additional hits for triggering elemental overlord etc, lvl 1 is enough

P.S. You know, the only thing that i like about winter orb is how it targets destroyable objects, i usually just skip them :)
But, you know, if the only thing that i like about skill is this, then this skill sucks xD
I saw some winter orb action that fired projectiles like crazy. But i think it have to do with cooldown reduction, etc. Not for this build, sadly.
"
1Marko1 wrote:
Hello, what do you think about using Doedre's Scorn and having the CWDT setup there for the curse?

And also, would it be a good idea to use Sin Trek boots instead of rare ones?

Build is great btw. :D

Yeah, sin trek always were here in that build as "before you get something better - sin trek is must have"

Doedre's scorn is good, but not enough to compete with rare helmet with "-9% to cold res to nerby enemies"
Also, i like new craft on helmet "trigger socketed spells on focus".

How about that, you can trigger frost bomb, cold snap + bonechill without even stopping for a moment. And bonechill will be applied all the way down to about 8 seconds, because enemy will be standing in cold snap ground effect.

I didn't really liked the idea of cold snap, because "too many skills to cast", but with that craft we can make our life much easier :)

If we have 2nd curse, put that in 4 socket too, and all of this on instant cast. Juicy!
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 10, 2018, 10:02:02 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Gorrinako wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I was thinking about that too, and im sad to know about it, but thx!
Anyway we need a "Chaneling" skill in 1 sock and there is no other cold chaneling skill, sure?
"
Gorrinako wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:

I was thinking about that too, and im sad to know about it, but thx!
Anyway we need a "Chaneling" skill in 1 sock and there is no other cold chaneling skill, sure?

Well, it was kind of hasty of me to say, i guess.
From the streams i saw a really impressive winter orb action, so i think that it still in consideration.

I think that it can be adapted into dual build, aka having pure winter orb setup on swap weapon, run through the map, swap, and kill boss with single target setup of icestorm. (cause if we can afford swap weapon for just spell cascade version for clear, why not make entire different thing, if clear will be even more productive?)
It will be much more impressive if we will go into malediction route, instead of frigid wake, cause "profane bloom" will guaranties our obliterating the packs, but maybe we can do without it.

Nevertheless, when i get my gear in place, i will experiment with this, if nobody will do it before me (p.s. please, do it before me. I hate wasting money on experiments xD)

P.S. Also, winter orb is like "poorman poet's pen". Link it with CwC and lightning warp, and fly along :)
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 10, 2018, 11:03:42 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Gorrinako wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I'm so bummed, i was so excited waiting for winter orb, thought that it will be better for our clear potential.

But nope, kelvynn probably thinks same way. So winter orb becomes only just for additional hits for triggering elemental overlord etc, lvl 1 is enough

P.S. You know, the only thing that i like about winter orb is how it targets destroyable objects, i usually just skip them :)
But, you know, if the only thing that i like about skill is this, then this skill sucks xD
I saw some winter orb action that fired projectiles like crazy. But i think it have to do with cooldown reduction, etc. Not for this build, sadly.

Yep, that about sums it. I expected more from WO. But it's still OK, especially that it breaks baskets :)) It replaced Orb of Storms as a source of hits and crits. And I've seen it trigger HoI explosions with Frigid Wake, so it does help with clear speed a little.

I'm currently using lv 1 because of the mana issues. But as soon as I get enchanted boots or 2nd curse I'll use a high level one in a 4L staff.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Also, i like new craft on helmet "trigger socketed spells on focus".

How about that, you can trigger frost bomb, cold snap + bonechill without even stopping for a moment. And bonechill will be applied all the way down to about 8 seconds, because enemy will be standing in cold snap ground effect.

I didn't really liked the idea of cold snap, because "too many skills to cast", but with that craft we can make our life much easier :)

If we have 2nd curse, put that in 4 socket too, and all of this on instant cast. Juicy!

I don't think we can afford the sockets for all that. And Focus being only triggerable every 12s is kinda meh, at least for this purpose. Bonechill looks interesting but you don't need this Focus stuff for it: Cold Snap + Bonechill would do the same, right? There is still the idea with AA + Bonechill to try too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info